Category :
Home Inspection
Address:
Toronto , ON M5R2E2

Pillar To Post The Home Of Home Inspection

Is this your company? Claim it FREE!

Claim This Listing

Expand your profile, get notified when reviews are posted, and start managing your online reputation!

You Might Also Consider

AA Elite Home Inspection Inc

Loose Brick!! Very Dangerous. How about the Plasti

The way I approached a home inspection was more of a peace of mind type of thing given the fact that the house we were...

A-G 3 Apr 22, 2014

Reviews for Pillar To Post The Home Of Home Inspection

May 17, 2013, East York

We used Pilar to Post for to inspect a great home we wanted and couldn't sleep thinking about it, all that was pending was the home inspection. Sadly a Very bad report was made and we walked from the deal to later find out that the report was inaccurate there was no knob and tube.... the electricity service was fine....The Company had no comment on why there so called qualified home inspector doesn't know the difference between knob and tube or NOT....We Lost The House, as another offer was waiting !!!!!

Dec 04, 2012, Toronto

Missed many obvious things that are costing. I understand all things are not apparent but I have since had another home inspector in and he was amazed what was missed.

Sep 21, 2012, Toronto

Two yrs ago bought a house. Pillar to Post came and everything passed their inspection. Just sold house, nothing changed or was altered, cost us $10000 to change wiring that was a fire hazard, and much much more. Lucky we didn't die while living there because of a crap job.

May 22, 2012, Aurora

Inspection by Tibor Pillar to Post He arrived on time, but as I noticed he didn’t had ladder to check the roof. Instead he was looking by binocular while walking around the house. So, He couldn’t find the dented soffit at northeast corner over the garage. Also, I showed him a shingle that dropped few months ago from the roof. He told this is not from your roof and it is 5 to 7 year old shingle. All the houses around are built a year ago and the color of piece was completely match with roof. He started inside from basement. But he was busy with his laptop for almost half an hours to finish a short report for outside of the house. On the basement the walls are covered by isolation. He didn’t do anything to see the concrete wall of the basement. He checked the attic in just one minute through hatch door and took some pictures. That’s it!! He didn’t measure the isolation. The results of inspection are not specific and in detail. The general information he sent me as inspection result are very general and in access through internet.The way he inspected you can look around and do it I promise hundred percent better than him. I checked with my neighbour’s his inspector was brilliant. Went to roof for checking shingles and find problems. Find crakes in the window and one of the doors. Isolation for attic wasn’t good enough. These houses were built by one company. I was totally dissatisfied with the home inspection. (((Visual inspection ))) I am telling you don’t waste your money by Pillar to Post.

Helpful? Yes No
This entry did not meet HomeStars review criteria.
SO in Rothesay, NB Oct 15, 2011
Why am I seeing this?

Jul 25, 2011, Toronto

On a friend’s recommendation, we employed Pillar-to-Post for our home inspection. On the positive side, the inspector arrived on time and was friendly and receptive to our questions throughout. He did advise us about some basic home maintenance tips which, as first-time homebuyers, we appreciated. But where the company lost major points was in the months following. Once we took possession of the house, we had someone come in to do some routine work on our furnace; the moment he looked at the furnace, he noticed that the vent had been installed incorrectly. He warned us that we could have a carbon monoxide problem, and that the fix (given the dimensions of our basement and the position of our home) could be complicated. He was incredulous that a home inspector could miss something like this – and when I looked for information about this online (thinking that perhaps the furnace guy was hoping to profit off our ignorance), the vent issue really seems to be part of homebuilding 101. I understand that the inspector can’t see behind walls, etc., but there were actually TWO photos of the faulty vent in his inspection report, so it was clearly in view during (and after) the inspection. I’ve several times now contacted the local owner, as well as their company's national training specialist, and have gotten nowhere. While the latter has even been quoted in magazine articles saying that their inspectors have Errors-and-Omissions Insurance, as I found, this means nothing. The owner, in his response, even argued that because the original installer of the vent thought that his work was satisfactory, the home inspector couldn’t be expected to correct the original judgment of an expert. How does that make sense? So if an incompetent worker installs the windows backwards, you just assume he knew what he was doing? I understand that everyone can make a mistake, miss a detail, etc., and so while I wish the inspector had noticed this during the inspection, it was the correspondence afterwards that disappointed me the most. They had a chance to make right by refunding the inspection fee (a fraction only of what the repair was going to cost us), or even a conciliatory couple hundred dollars, but all I got were lots of excuses and bad feelings about the whole experience.

Feb 19, 2011, York

The home inspectors at Pillar to Post are not the cheapest, but you are paying for a thorough inspection and some level of professionalism. Home inspection isn't currently regulated in Ontario, so it's a good idea to use a company affiliated with professional organizations.

Sep 30, 2010, Hamilton

I was totally dissatisfied with the home inspection. He did not go the extra mile to check behind boxes of the previous owner to see walls, in the attic etc. I was most concerned about the basement, being a victoria home. This was my first home so I didn't know what to expect. There was no sign (e.g. no wet walls) of damage, so I asked pointy what he thought. He said the house was sound. A few months later, the basement flooded. I called to let him know he said "A house your age you are almost guaranteed a leak". I said it would have helped if you mentioned that before I bought it. Stay away!

Nov 27, 2009, Toronto

We had a complete home inspection. The rep failed to note that our exterior walls were out 8" from base to 2nd floor and our neighbors exterior was visably bowing - aproximatly 1.5'. We needed to have a structural engineer secure our house so the neighbors would not pull it down. In the basement our electrician asked why do you have comercial electrical in your home - this was never noted. We needed to completly rewire the house. Our bathroom was in need of a 'face lift' we found extreme mosture - (i asked him to bring out the moisture tool and he said it was old) we could wring the moisure out of the sub-floor. He called our house a 'gem'... Well we are 6 months into structural repairs and have yet to move in. 80K spent so far.. which is a far cry from the 15K he said would be needed for repairing the deck and sm roof over the kitchen. Stay clear!

Oct 04, 2009, Thornhill

We hired pillar to post for a regular house inspection. Our greatest concern was the basement as there were white marks on the wall and we pointed that these marks specifically and asked should we be concerned. The house inspector totally downplayed the potential issue and noted that its probably "just condensation". Well, we was obviously wrong b/c the first weekend after moving in we saw water coming through the wall, through the insulation and saw active cracks that the inspector did not identify for us. We are extremely unhappy with the service we got and obviously, now we have to spend a significant amount of money after moving into the house just this past August. We do not recommend you use Pillar to Post for your home inspection!!!

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!