Category :
Building Supplies and Hardware
Address:
4208 Dundas St W Etobicoke , ON M8X 1Y6

Rona Lansing - Dundas St W

Is this your company? Claim it FREE!

Claim This Listing

Expand your profile, get notified when reviews are posted, and start managing your online reputation!

You Might Also Consider

YORK HOME IMPROVEMENT SUPPLIES

Once bitten, twice smitten! First time it was a beautiful glass insert installed to perfection. Most recently, a glass...

Frank, Bradford West Gwillimbury 2 Apr 14, 2014

Reviews for Rona Lansing - Dundas St W

Jun 07, 2012, York

Judith in the paint section at Rona helped my husband and I not only pick paint colours for our house, but also educated us and suggested the best products to use to paint as we had never painted before. She is passionate about what she does and always has lots of tips and suggestions. I would highly suggest seeing Judith!

Mar 20, 2010, Etobicoke

the person who helped me was very efficient and friendly. the price was reasonable. i will go back to that location. I would recommend that location to my friends and family, and colleague.

Feb 23, 2010, Toronto

wanted to add a 2nd bathroom in the basement of our home. The selection was fantastic for a small space and excellent prices were items of high quality and brand that would have cost more anywhere else.

Feb 19, 2010, Etobicoke

The store is very well labeled in terms of signs and product allocation, they had a number of items on sale for the kitchen hardware, specifically sinks and taps. I didn't anticipate that there would be so many items on sale so that was a pleasant surprise.

Oct 10, 2009, Richmond Hill

Rona staff were very helpful in pointing out their product line with respect to bathroom vanities, bathroom accessories, tubs, and counter-tops. This store displays an excellent variety of items in these categories, and they appear to be of good quality.

Aug 28, 2009, York

The cost of our paint job ballooned due to the lack of advice from the staff. I have painted before (and think that I am an average painter) but not with Aura paint. We were not told that Aura has special rollers for this type of paint. They also did not inform us that you need to apply the paint in a non-overlapping fashion as it pulls off if you re-lap (I learned that from a youtube video). Aura also is not good for ceilings - it dries too fast. For our ceiling they suggested the Collection line which is a beautiful paint BUT again did not inform us that we needed a thick roller. We used the Simms roller for smooth surfaces since it is smooth. After a poor first coat I read the can and it indicates using a 13 mm roller (that is a very thick roller). Second coat looks great. I would suggest that the staff ask some questions when people are buying paint: what are you painting? have you painted with this paint before? what roller are you using? Offer advice - you are supposed to know more than the customer so be helpful! When I have people come in to my place of business where I am the expert, I lead them through the entire process because I know more than they do. People don't know what they don't know so those offering service need to make sure customers are selecting that which fulfills their needs.

Oct 12, 2008, Mississauga

Their support staff was extremely knowledgable and expreienced to help out with our complete basement renovation. They helped us with all aspects from the plumming to the drywalls! Our basement came out better than we even expected!

Sep 14, 2007, Toronto

The lady in the electrical department was a great help. She was able to find everything I needed and was extremely kind and polite. She spent a lot of time with me and was very personable. I would recommend this store to anyone.

Sep 10, 2007, Toronto

We went to Rona and were surprised about the painting selection despite it being a relatively small store. As well, the help was very good - something that you wouldn't expect from a large chain store. I would definitely purchase again and may direct other purchases to this store.

Aug 02, 2007, Toronto

2.5

We initiated a kitchen reno mid February so that we could have an install begin as close to the beginning of July as possible since I would be on holidays. Paid to have a contractor see the kitchen and discuss the project first. We had to have a second contractor come to the house since the first was unprofessional. Ordered and paid for cabinets beginning of April and patiently waited throughout the month of July. Not hearing anything definite regarding a start date dropped into the store close to the end of July. My name was on the white board with a start date of end of June. They began to blame the installer and a minor issue about the heated floor we requested. We requested the heated floor in February. I was given a start date,the next week, proceeded to empty my kitchen and waited. No one showed, contacted the contractor and his response was he had no work order from RONA but would contact them. When I called to speak to the manager about the person who gave me the date, the employee called me and not the manager. Eventually the manager intervened but other issues arose again due to lack of co ordination so requested and got my money back. Was offered a gift certificate but declined since it would be of no use. Communication with me was very poor or none. No one appeared to be incharge and in control. Also bad mouthing a person who is not present to defend himself is rather unprofessional in my opinion.

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!