Category :
Garage Doors & Hardware
Address:
Scarborough , ON M1H2R8

Pro-Master Garage Doors Service

Is this your company? Claim it FREE!

Claim This Listing

Expand your profile, get notified when reviews are posted, and start managing your online reputation!

You Might Also Consider

Dodds Garage Door Systems Inc.

This service was faultless...quick service to assess...appointment within a week to build new door, custom fit......work...

Marion, Etobicoke, Ontario 4 Apr 23, 2014

Reviews for Pro-Master Garage Doors Service

Apr 11, 2013, Newmarket

In 2009, Pro-Master (as they were then known) installed 2 3/4 HP garage door openers at our new home. I was impressed with everything from my initial phone call to the installation. The technician was very friendly and helpful. Fast-forward to 2013 when the name of the company is now Dormaster, and it was a different experience altogether. I was having an issue where the door would not close so I called them to take a look. I thought maybe the "eyes" were misaligned and it would be an easy fix. Instead, 2 technicians showed up and told me the springs (on both doors, not just the one I had called about) were about to break, the doors were not balanced and the cables were rusted and needed replacement. They quoted me an overhaul at $800+ and asked for a deposit of about half the amount. I told them I didn't have that kind of money around the house and I would have to discuss with my husband. They said they would wait while I did this. I said he was sleeping as he worked nights. They were intimidating and a bit pushy but I figure they work on commission. I paid for the service call even though they didn't do anything and I had told them so. I received a follow-up call about a week later to ask how the service visit went. I said "it's funny that you called" and explained the situation. He said he would talk to them. I received another follow-up call about a week after the first call and reminded him of the situation. I said I want to seek a second opinion as it is my right. Needless to say I won't be doing business with them again. I called one of their better-known competitors who was very straight-forward and honest with me and gave me a better (and cheaper) estimate and idea of the kinds of repairs and maintenance to expect and what to do for certain problems.

Dec 13, 2012, Ottawa

The worst customer service ever. NO respect for their clients. I cannot believe businesses still run like in 2012. Their goal is to mislead you on the estimate and then charge you more than twice the amount. I have 2 old individual garage doors. The spring of one of them broke. They estimated the fix to be at $200,but when showed up adding another $300 to fix it. I told them i would rather buy a new door instead. The say, sure, but you still have to pay for the Service call. But you didnt do any service. you change your estimate. But i decided to pay the technician as i didn't want to get into an argument with him. he is just following the company policy. I called their head office and explained the situation. I said, had they told me that they cannot price it on the phone and need to come for an estimate which is not free, i would have been ok. Once estimating the charges, i would have said, lets buy new doors as oppose to paying $450 to fix an old door which is not worth it. I would have endup buying 2 doors at $800 each and be ok with it. INSTEAD, they told me that i requested a service call to change a spring. If there is a need for extra parts, they have to charge me. I said, hold on. I am not the expert here. I said, the spring is broken what does it cost to fix it? The answer should have been: We need to come and check it out. To that, they said: Sir, we need to pay for the gas to come. It went forward and backward, until he tried to sell me the doors. I said, I cannot trust you. You mislead me and therefore will not to business with you. I will post online how you do business. He said, ok Sir, thats fine with me. I do not recommend this place at all. I will call another place today and get a better service as anything is a better service than those thief.

Feb 13, 2012, Whitby

Avoid this company, unless you are confident you will have no problem with your door. The door, upon sntallation, was quite nice. The individuals who installed it and removed the old door were pleasant and courteous. The, within about a year, the opener pulled loose from the door.. I would have thought a warranty would have covered it. When they came to repair it they replaced a number of items, including the rollers, which were working just fine. As I was not home, my wife paid the bill which came to about 35% of the cost of the door. Every effort to contact them resulted in a no response. I am not impressed and would never recommend them. We are soon to move and will be building a new double garage. You can bet I won't give a second thought to pro-master.

Oct 28, 2011, Scarborough

.They repaired my garage door but they charge me the price of new door. It was a simple repair but they created such a mess that cost me to change other parts which worked properly before they touch them. Do your homework before calling them. Poor customer service, high price, poor workmanship. Do not deal with this company. .

Sep 22, 2011, Markham

Installed a single insulated garage door. The sales person who came by was helpful in making the proper selection as my bedroom is above the garage, and would get very cold in the winter. The insulated door they installed solved this problem. The installation was done on time and professionally. I would recommend them to others.

Aug 12, 2011, Toronto

I received a flyer in the mail for a garage door tune-up promotion for $49. I called and verified if there are any additional costs, and he clearly confirmed NONE! He explained it will take an hour for the tune up using a special lubricant, and the technician will show me how I can do it myself in future. So I accepted the offer. BIG MISTAKE. He came by, he was in such a rush! Took him less tha five minutes to visually inspect the door, pull out a spray can and spray the spring and the hinges. DONE. Then he turns around and suggests I replace a roller, and why replace one, should replace ALL of them. Charged me $120 + Tax for the rollers, BUYER BE WARE!

Jul 29, 2011, BOWMANVILLE

Very poor customer service and/or communication. Up-sell is virtually unavoidable and there's very little leaniency on terms and company policy. I build my business on relationships and trust, unfortunately there is no relationship to build here. They are only interested in grabbing your money and in the process not treating you with respect. I'm all for immigration, but not for importing foreign business practices that are built on mistrust. Based on my experience I would avoid Pro Master not because of workmanship but because of shrewd business practices. No one likes to be had, and this company makes me feel like I've been had.

Jul 17, 2011, North York

I was very happy with the door and install i would recommend them for your garage door needs.And the sales rep was not aggressive and gave me the best door even better options than home dept or other big box stores.

Dec 30, 2010, Orléans

To all potential customers. Before using this company, you should investigate the address they claim to be located at. The locations and addresses they claim are Bus Terminals, Car Dealerships, Restaurants and Insurance Brokers according to Google Earth searches. This is ONLY in the Ottawa area. Sources indicate they also use vacant properties and Time Horton locations. Be a smart consumer and do your homework.

Oct 02, 2010, Toronto

From their initial free estimate to the actual installation, we were very happy with the service. Prompt, efficient and very reasonable! They came when they said they would and completed the job on time.

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!