Category :
301 King Street Barrie , ON L4N 6B5
Owner/Manager:
Heljar Hansen

Pratt Homes

Company Profile Pratt Homes has been building condominiums, townhomes and detached home communities in the Barrie area for over 100 years. Pratt Homes is the founder of the successful CMHC approved Rent to Own program and has various sweat equity and low deposit structure programs helping homeowners afford their dream of home ...

You Might Also Consider

The Home Improvement People

HSphoto.JPG

“After listening to a series of enticing ads on the radio, I decided it would be worth testing this enterprise’s emphasis...

Andrea from Toronto 1 Mar 27, 2014

Reviews for Pratt Homes

May 01, 2012, BARRIE

We recently moved to the Manhatten building from a house twice the size as our unit. We were a little worried about the concept of condo life at first but with the help of the Pratt sales team and Cynthia and Romona and the service team, our transition has been a pleasant one. We love it here.....

Mar 23, 2012, BARRIE

We bought our Manhatten condo when the site was still bush, and it has been an amazing journey. We want to thank all the behind-the-scene Pratt-Hansen team and specifically the front line staff who have been so proud and excited about this project. Bruno and the sales team patiently answered all our questions and concerns over the months of construction. Having the Design Centre set up and specifically, "Wonderful Cynthia", to guide us through interior choices was paramount. Her assistance and expertise has been invaluable. We would like to thank Ramona, the go-to girl, Wendy the on-site "fixer" and especially Gary the neatest Hands-On, cheerful finisher ever! The finished condo has exceeded our expectations with many extras that we had not expected. Upgraded bath and kitchen fixtures, beautiful deep bathtub, silent flooring and soundproofed walls all add greatly to a comfortable and enjoyable home. The front entrance and hallways are beautifully appointed and we are thoroughly enjoying the lovely view of the park and gazebo from our balcony. No wonder all the Pratt-Hansen folks are so proud of this development. It is truly a special place to call Home.

Mar 22, 2012, Barrie

I love living at the Manhatten on Ferndale Dr. and the Pratt people are great to deal with, Bruno and Susan where a great help with questions and I would recommend condo living to anyone who is looking for a change in life .

Feb 28, 2012, BARRIE

I love the unit itself, and the location - Coulter St. facing the park. Previous owners had been here about a year. I now understand what I believe is the real reason they sold the unit - the amount of noise I hear from other units. Most of the time it's nice and quiet here, but when the people above or beside me have their TV on, I hear it. I just turn my radio up loud enough to drown out theirs. I can even hear the phone ring in the unit beside me! I already complained to Property Management about this - seems hardly anyone in this building complains about noise. I found out from the neighbour above me that there was lots of complaining when the building was new. I was very disappointed to realize the building structure was so poor. It never occurred to me to ask about noise when I had the condo inspected. It's a Pratt Home - I expected high quality. Oh, I'm sure all building codes have been met.

Feb 23, 2012, Barrie

I have been very pleased with my new condo. The Pratt sales team made it very easy for me to make this big purchase and I am happy with how it turned out. I would recommend them to anyone.

Feb 21, 2012, BARRIE

Really enjoyed my experience with Pratt, love my 1 bedroom condo the design is great and lots of room. The whole Pratt team was very helpful a big thanks to Bruno, Cynthia, Romona, and Karen for all there help making my purchase very easy.

Feb 15, 2012, BARRIE

I bought a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo in the Pratt Manhatten development. Bruno ,the sales person was so helpful when I asked many questions, probably on a weekly basis. The price for the condo was reasonable and the closing date was exactly as projected . Cynthia the design consultant gave me invaluable advice on choosing quality decorating options, which has made my condo beautiful. Karen Pratt-Hanson one of the owners even helped carry boxes for me on the day I moved in. What a team! I am very pleased with the service I have received from this company to date.

Feb 15, 2012, BARRIE

We purchased our Manhattan condo 1 year before it was built. It was arisk but we were impressed with the sales staff, the cost of the units and liked the layouts. We have been in our unit for 3 weeks and can't say enough about the service and the quality of the unit. The few concerns were attended to promptly. The finishing is excellent. Cynthia, at the design centre was very helpful. She has a knack for making you feel that your decisions are the BEST. And they are! We love our colours, cabinets and flooring. The sales staff, site workers, property managers and of course Cynthia have all been most attentive and friendly. We would strongly recommend a Manhattan condo.

Feb 15, 2012, Barrie

my mom just posted her thanks on this review board and wanted me to read it and it gave me a chance to read all the reviews. wow...some of the reviews shocked me as our experience has been so wondeful. it is not easy to convince your mother to leave her city, her home, her friends and move 2 hours away from brantford to live in barrie. I found an ad for new condo's being built in barrie by pratt homes. i did some investigating as i had never heard of pratt homes. I found that people were very pleased with the purchasing process, the construction/interiors and the after sales service. Our positive experience started with bruno in the sales pavillion who took us on a virtual tour, gave us all the brochures, info so we could decide without any pressure. i was impressed with the "standard" interior choices which are upgrades with most builders. we were assured that the closing date would be on time (very important when selling a house) and it was! the building was registered on time and the condo fees are low so my mom can actually afford to live in a NEW home. My mom had many questions since it had been years since she purchased a home. everyone was so patient and kind to her, even when she asked the same question a few times. every call was returned right away and she was always treated with respect and kindness. well she has now moved in and the care and concern for her has not stopped. everyone has been so helpful and caring not only with the excellent after care service, but genuinely concerned for her. i love her condo and she love it more. we have not had any problems, any builders mistakes, materials used are top notch. my mom could not spend money on upgrades, so we are so pleased what quality pratt has used. her place is so nice and she is only 6 minutes away from us now! i want to personally thank - Bruno and Stephanie in the sales pavillion, Lori from the Royal Bank who took care of the financing right at the sale pavilion, Cynthia who spent so much time with mom showing her all the choices, explaining everything (often more than once) and thank you cynthia for keeping in touch with mom. she feels like you're part of the family. (actually you do more for her than most of her family) very professional group all of you and i am very impressed with the quality of all aspects of manhattan. I think pratt went above and beyond in their designs, amenities, decor and we could not have found mom a more beautiful, welll built NEW condo in her price range. thanks to all.

Feb 14, 2012, BARRIE

I purchased a 1 bed/1bath condo unit built by Pratt. Nice when staged but horrible build quility. I won't rant about the little stuff but I will high light the bad points: 1. vapour lock windows - moisture 2. mold build up - windows 3. door window moisture/mold 4. pipe bangs - not secured 5. plastic bath tubs - not braced correctly 6. roof stucco cracking 7. concrete stair support - not supporting 8. insulation - i can hear everything outside???

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!