Categories :
Hours:
Mon - Sun

Mega City Roofing Inc

Company Profile

Serving Toronto and the surrounding GTA, Mega City Roofing Inc. has attained high standards for re-roofing with many years of experience. Mega City Roofing Inc. has served top-quality products and we strive to be the experts in the business. Our experienced talent and efforts are always continual in our services. We provide information on roofing products and solutions to better our customers requirements.

more...
Servicing:

Toronto, North York, Scarborough, Thornhill, Richmond HIll, Unionville, Markham, Vaughan, Durham - Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Brooklin, Oshawa

LIKE us on FACEBOOK ..........www.facebook.com/megacityroofing

MESSAGE: We stand behind our work and will solve any issue a customer has. If there is any concerns after a installation of your new roof. Please let me know ASAP to ensure customer satisfaction.

Reviews for Mega City Roofing Inc

Show:

Aug 01, 2012, Thornhill

We had our roof done 3.5 years ago, and we thought Tom was great back then. But, after a heavy rainstorm this week, we had a leak in our kitchen,so I called Tom to come and see if it is a roofing issue. He came the very next morning, and spent time investigating the source of the issue, which he discovered was a problem with the eavestroughs being blocked from the leaves of our very large trees (i.e. not a roofing issue). Being the very nice and helpful person that he is, he took the time to clean out our troughs, washed them down with a hose, caulked our windows and any gaps around the troughs, and then even went to our other side of the house, to ensure that there were no issues there; caulked as a precautionary measure, and then washed out those troughs. Lastly, he took the time to recommend to me maintenance things that I need to do to prevent future leaks, and then he didn't even want to be paid for his time, but I made sure to give him a tip on top of some gas money. There are very few honest workers like Tom, and it is such a pleasure to encounter such a great guy, who really goes 'above and beyond', and all with such a friendly manner and extremely pleasant disposition!

Company Response:
Hi Shelley thank you for the amazing review it's what we do and if there is a concern 3 or even a longer period of time. We sure stand by our work even if it's not our fault. We have been taking care of all our customers concerns for almost 15 years now and won't stop untill everyone was satisfied. It's all about customer satisfaction at the end of the day. We appreciate all the positive reviews and even the not so positive. It keeps us moving forward and always improving our services to ensure the best customer experience we know how to provide. Thanks again if you need us again don't hesitate to call me. Keep well and dry for many years to come Shelley....Tom

May 31, 2012, THORNHILL

Tom and his crew is the best team of professionals I have seen so far. Tom makes sure he does not leave any doubt by addressing all your concerns and make sure you are completely satisfied with type of shingles, color, and all other details of the project including cleaning up at the end and final look. His crew is quite flexible and accommodating as we had to make changes on the fly as they were laying the shingles down. I could not have been happier with the job they have done.

Company Response:
Thank you Farzad for this lovely review on us. It was great working with you as well and making your new home safe and dry for many years to come. All the best to you and your family keep well and dry.... Tom Geo

May 24, 2012, Toronto

Review has Multiple Versions 1

Mega City replaced our roof and did a good job. They arrived when they said they would and worked steadily to complete the job. The crew were great to deal with as well as the owner. The work was completed in good time, at a fair price and the workers cleaned up after themselves. We were very happy to give Mega City this job because about 3 or so years prior, Tom came out to give us a quote but told us our roof had a few more years before it needed replacing. We remembered his honesty and did not hesitate to contact him again when the time came. When he quoted I had questions and he was more than happy to answer them all.

Company Response:
Hi Debbie thank you for your review it was a pleasure dealing with you and your family. Making your home safe and dry for many years is what we all want for all our customers. Keep well and dry......

May 18, 2012, SCARBOROUGH

Mega City Roofing is one class act. Their service is exemplary, the team that came to the house were both professional and considerate. The work ethic and attention to prep work, installation and post work cleaning deserved a 10 The company went above and beyond the call of duty by not only completing the committed work on the contract, but they added the little extras with a smile. 10 is well deserved for this company, they certainly earned it.

Company Response:
Thank you Alykhan for taking the time out and writing a review on us. We appreciate it very much. Even if there is an issue after installation it's our speedy service that we provide and fix what is nessassary to insure no water issues arise. This is a practice we have always exercised with our services. Keep well and dry for many years to come.

May 16, 2012, Toronto

They say 'when it rains, it pours'. And for me it did - right onto my bedroom ceiling. Knowing that this was a problem I couldn't ignore, I started my search. I came across Tom on Homestars and after having spoken to him a few times on the phone and then meeting him in person, my gut told me to go with him. And I'm sure glad I did. My roof looks awesome! Apart from being a pro and having a great crew, Tom has a heart of gold . He will definitely take care of you. Gosh, he's like family now!

Company Response:
Hi Mary, Thank you for writing a review it was great meeting you as well. I'm happy you like the results of your new roof it sure looks great indeed. The color selection you picked matched perfect for your home and the designer type shingles sure gives great curb appeal to your home. We really appreciate all the amazing feedback everyone says about us....The crew and I really truly appreciate all the reviews we receive....... Keep well and dry for many years to come....Thanks again Mary.....Tom

May 12, 2012, SCARBOROUGH

Let me start off by saying I am completely impressed with my experience with Mega City Roofing. After watching various reality TV home building shows and Fifth Estate expose about contracting scams I approached this project with some trepidation. After doing some research on a few companies I settled on Mega City. Tom was very responsive when contacted; more importantly was on time with appointments. When it came time to do the work, his crew showed up early in the morning and once the ladders were up his team worked quickly and efficiently. They completing their work by mid-afternoon as Tom had anticipated. They made sure the site was cleaned up before they left and were very respectful of my home, as well as, my neighbors. Based on my experience I would highly recommend Mega City Roofing.

Helpful? Yes No
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Make sure the company is BBB certified and the majority of reviews are positive in Homestars. When you're dealing with the general public you'll always have one or two people who have unreasonable expectations. It's how the company works to resolve the issue which is more important.
Company Response:
Hey Michael, It was nice meeting you and your family it was our pleasure in taking care of your home. It's great to be appreiciated for all our hard work my team and I do everyday. Thank you for taking time out and writing a review on us. All the best to you and your family stay dry for many years to come.....Keep well....Tom

May 03, 2012, Ajax

Very happy with the work Tom and his crew provided. Tom showed up on the job and with his crew and had the roof completed in a timely matter. I was impressed with the crew and was very happy with the effort they took to insure my yard was protected by tarps and that they cleaned up leaving no trace of any roofing material / nails. I had a very minor tweak that was needed... I emailed Tom and he was out that same day and addressed the matter. Very happy with his customer service. I will enjoy the new roof....looks great!!!

Company Response:
Hi Kim.....Thanks so much for taking the time out and writing a review....we do very much appreciate all the great feed back and your experience with our team...... We sure do take care of all our customers concerns this is something I have been doing for the past 13 years is making it right...... Customer service is a huge factor in today's business growth........Yes you did email me your concern and I took care of it ASAP......Thanks again for all your kind words hope you and your family stay dry for many years to come....Keep well....Tom Geo.

Apr 26, 2012, SCARBOROUGH

We used Mega City Roofing to get a new roof last month. Tom, the owner of the company, is super easy to talk to and erased all worries I had about choosing the right company. We were very pleased with the result. The roof looks awesome! They were very efficient and they left the property spotless. His quote was reasonable and he didn't try to "sell" me. He was onsite during the project and was always available to answer our questions in a prompt and courteous manner. I would definitely use him again. In fact, I just recommended Mega City Roofing to my boss! That's how pleased I am. Thanks, Tom!

Company Response:
Hey Gerald.....Thank you so much for your recommendation to your boss I look forward in speaking with him as well....It was our pleasure to work on your home and make it safe for many years to come. A nice new roof sure can add huge curb appeal to your home it's a great re-sale up lift for sure!!!.....Thanks' again all the best keep well and dry......Tom Geo

Apr 23, 2012, Toronto

Mega City was responsive, responsible, reliable and reasonably-priced. Tom, the owner, answered my request for a quote immediately and provided a clear and comprehensive costing. His was the third quote I sought out, and was the most reasonably-priced and thorough. He did a complete inspection of my interiors to check for signs of leakage with close attention to our flat roof areas. Our roof had been patched over many times, and his crew did a complete stripping of 4 tons' worth of layers. The roof looks pristine and beautiful now. Tom is a genial guy who was a pleasure to do business with. HIs crew cleaned up impeccably and were helpful beyond the call of duty disposing of extra waste material.

Company Response:
Hi Kerri.... thank you for this great review and it was a pleasure working with you as well.....Oh yes the 4 tons of debris was the first load the second load was over 3 tons as well.....the amount of weight lifted off your home was an extraordinary amount that's for sure......I also wanted to say thank you to your neighbor Michael for joining in to complete the top roofs together which now has made both of your homes safe and secure for many years to come. Thanks again all the best to you and your family....Keep well and dry.....Tom Geo

Apr 23, 2012, WHITBY

Not thrilled with the fact that I was told something and realized what I was told was NOT what was done! When the first rainfall came noticed my BRAND NEW ROOF was leaking. Numerous calls to Tom where made and although he did come back ONCE, his solution was not sufficient as it is now 4years since and my roof is STILL LEAKING! I will/have not recommended Mega city and if I know of anyone wanting to get work done, I will STRONGLY DISAPPROVE!! Tom in response to your reply, You did your job, just that you DIDNT do what you quoted me in the estimate, i DID in fact raise the concern i had with the builders design flaw of my roof and remember you SPECIFICALLY telling me that you were going to torch some rubber membrane in the specific area and that it was included in the estimate. That is why i agreed to pay you $4000.00, if that price DIDNT include torching rubber membrane i would NEVER pay that just for shingles knowing that price is high, but of the 5 estimates i got you where the only person who mentioned torching membrane that is why i choose you! i didn't have a problem with the cost because of what i was told! About a year later i called you and you came over and put caulking on the flashing and shinles, even though i knew that wouldn't resolve the issue, and i remember you telling me at THAT time if the roof still leaks after that that you would come back and lay down some rubber membrane, you NEVER mentioned money nor did ever discuss you fixing THIS problem for at a "little cost to me". A coulpe months went by and i called you AGAIN (2nd call)and left you a message, I got no response. (3rd call) exact same response as 2nd call. I called (answering machine) and advised you that because of your lack of Honouring your work and warranty that this is going to become a legal matter. you then FINALLY returned my call and told me not to threaten you!.........Tom.....I received your 2 messages today but unfortunatly was working out of town and therefor was not able to return your call until I got home, which I did. Now I'm looking forward to our next conversation in person on Saturday. Tom... I'm relieved that after 4 years and many phone calls you finally came back to resolve my issue. I'm also appreciative that upon removing some shingles you saw for yourself that the work was done incorrectly and you admitted such to me. I'm satisfied with the repair however, this experience has made me more cautious when hiring a contracter in the future. As a consumer I would recommend homeowners be present when having work done on their home!

Company Response:
Hey Dean....it was nice seeing you and your growing family again... after viewing your concern we ended up resolving your issue. We did have the rubber membrane there but my guys did install the step flashing on top which most likely created it to leak. So this being a workmanship warranty issue I had no problem fixing it and resolving our differences.....I hope now you and your family can live without any water leaks what so ever....I'm just glad we resolved this issue cause we never have left any customers high and dry in the 13 years. We always stand by our work and always do what it takes to resolve any customers issues. Keep well and dry for many years to come Dean. Thank you....Tom Geo.

Company Profile

Mega City Roofing Inc. specializes in re-roofing residential, industrial, and commercial roofs. Even with the best quality roofing systems, your roof is only as good as the quality of the installation. Our excellent product knowledge and highest standards of workmanship assure you of a long-lasting quality roof.

All of our skilled staff is trained in roofing methods, materials, and current Occupational Health and Safety Standards, with many years of actual hands on experience and training. Our service includes inspection, consultation and recommendation of appropriate methods, materials and estimates to resolve our customers individual requirements. We have competitive prices and written guarantee's, customer friendly service and staff. We are fully insured and licensed, our employee's are covered under the WSIB to construct a safe working environment. Call us today and get your FREE estimate inspection and remember a roof is only as good as it's installation. Mega City Roofing Inc. you can trust us for all your roofing needs.

Products & Services

Products
All roofing products GAF Certified Installer providing a 50 year warranty.
Services
All year round services provided.
Brands
IKO, Certainteed,GAF Certified Installer of shingle products....Soprema,Duraflow,Hitachi,Dewalt
Styles
Al types of roofing.
Specialties
Asphalt & fibreglass shingles, tar & gravel, Torch applicated membrane, residential & commercial build up, Skylight installation and aluminum products.

Credentials & Financial Information

2000
Cash, cheque
Builder,Flat,Shingles,Aluminum Products
BBB
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED
10 to 15 up to 50 year warranty

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!