near

590 Keele St Toronto , ON M6N 3E2
Owner/Manager:
Hitesh Barot

Blinds To Go

Company Profile North America's largest manufacturer and retailer of quality blinds and shades.

You Might Also Consider

Kingsway Carpets & Blinds

My wife and I were very impressed by this family-owned and operated business. Maria was extremely helpful both times we...

Don Brown from Toronto 4 Apr 14, 2014

Reviews for Blinds To Go

Jan 24, 2013, Hamilton

Review has Multiple Versions 2

Having dealt with Blinds To Go before and pleased with the product, I again went there to order blinds for my living room bay window when I moved into a new home. I wanted white blinds that were not too heavy and the sales rep suggested wood for their light weight and insulating properties. I paid to have the windows measured and the blinds installed and when the installer came with the blinds I noticed they were not white, but a beigecolour which was not what I wanted against my pure white vinyl window and pure white freshly painted trim. If I had been told that these blinds would not be white, I would never have ordered them. They certainly looked white in the store. I was told that's the colour that the wood blind comes in and if I wanted a pure white, the only option was another blind at twice the price. This was not something I could afford and reluctantly agreed to accept the beige colour blinds. For anyone else wanting WHITE blinds, do not go with the wood. Also, I see in another review the homeowner ordered white blinds for a southern exposure window which they are not happy with and my window is also facing south. Should be interesting in the summer. I am not happy with this outcome and I won't be dealing with this company again. On a positive note, thanks to the installer Jim for his expertise and help. I would like to add that sales staff should ask potential customers what direction the window is facing so if it is a southern exposure (which mine is) the right product will be suggested. Also, after the fact, I see on their Lifetime Warranty that wood blinds can vary in colour and slats can warp in high humidity. I guess you're supposed to read the complete Warranty before you buy as the sales person doesn't tell you any of this. UPDATE: Blinds To Go Customer Service contacted me and offered for me to pick another blind that was pure white and only pay the difference between what I received and the new blinds. That made me think better of this Company, however, the difference in price would have been over $200 and as good a gesture as this was, I decided against it. I would up my rating slightly because of this offer but I still would not recommend them. UPDATE: BLINDS TO GO HAVE NOW OFFERED ANOTHER BLIND AND INSTALLATION AT NO COST. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THIS OUTCOME BUT DO REGRET ALL THE TIME THIS TOOK. I WOULD PROBABLY DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN AS I DO LIKE HOW FAST THE PRODUCT IS AVAILABLE AND THEY HAVE CETAINLY GONE OUT OF THEIR WAY TO ACCOMMODATE ME.

Nov 10, 2012, Mississauga

3235 Dundas St. W. Mississauga This is an update to my original review. We continue to have significant issues with this company. Most recently one of the large blinds came off the wall and just missed my husband and family cat. I took this and two other blinds in for yet another repair and when they came back one of the blinds had a problem which was different from what I took it in for. Another trip to drop off and pick up and unbelievably, we just opened the box to find that the mechanism parts in the top rail are sitting loose in the box. The young man I spoke to was very disinterested and when I told him that I wanted them either picked up or compensated for time and fuel he told me to call back on Monday morning.

Jan 27, 2012, Toronto

I ordered blinds for my south exposure living room. The sales rep didn't think of asking questions what exposure it is for ... I ended up with white blinds on south exposure window which intensifies the amount of light coming in instead of reducing it. Although the product & intsalation service are great, the blinds are overpriced. I wouldn't go with them again, as there are cheaper and equal quality suppliers.

Feb 25, 2009, Toronto

We ordered custom blinds, they send someone to the house and did all the measurements; the blinds were manufactured at a hub in Montreal... all but one were perfect when they showed up within one week... the one that was messed up... they sent it back and had it fixed within 48 hours. They also discounted that blind as well as the entire order for our trouble. It was great! The blinds are good quality and they were much cheaper than what we had seen anywhere else!

Apr 06, 2008, Toronto

Recently my mother was in town to help me get settled in my (& my husband's)new place: a two berroom condo in an old building. So I asked her to assist me with measuring the windows and we headed over to our local "Blinds To Go" at St.Clair & Keele. I found them helpful, knowledgeable; the process of purchasing & installing hassle-free; and the prices were reasonable for both the blinds & installation. We were greeted, upon arrival and assured we would be served shortly. Meanwhile, my mother and I got aquainted with some of the styles and discovered the amazing variety available. Samples were well displayed with just enough variation without being overwhelming. The first step of the process was to get written quotes for the cost of blinds in the styles I liked and the dimentions we provided. This was done by our primary contact, Veronica. She was personable and I new I was in good hands. Secondly, I returned with my husband and we made a final decision on the styles of blinds for our living room and bedrooms. Next, we called their installer, a very knowledgeable man named Robert Ong, and arranged for him to take more accurate measurements of our windows as Blinds To Go guarantees an accurate fit. His measurments were sent in to the store and the order was prepared within 48 hours of our go ahead. Veronica called yesterday to let us know the blinds were ready. Tomorrow I will call Robert, the installer, who will pick them up and install them on a day of our choice. What a great service!

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

Apr 05, 2008

Blind arrived as stated. Service was efficient and friendly.Staff were helpful in choosing the material and were explicit in their instructions on how to measure the window to be covered. Overall a good experience.

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?

Dec 03, 2006, Toronto

9.8

Blinds to Go has the best selection for blinds that I’ve seen. It’s nice because everything is all in one place the store isn’t that big, but the way it is set up shows you a TON of choices and options for blinds for your home. You can pick and choose styles, textures, and colours from store displays and catalogues. The staff are very knowledgeable and accommodating, as well as have ideas that you might not have thought of. The price is a bit high (I did think at some point that I could have done better if I spent time really looking around at other places), but very much worth it for the superior selection, service, and convenience of having everything right there at your fingertips. My new blinds are now installed and make my living room look like a completely different room (in a good way!)!

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!