Category :
The Lumber Guys
Hours:
Mon-Fri 7:30-5:00, Sat 9:00-1:00

The Lumber Guys

Company Profile The Lumber Guys is Toronto's best source for all construction and renovation needs. We take pride in providing the best quality of material, contractor pricing and attention to detail with customer service. Our current customers range from home owner, independent contractors and custom home builders. Come see our showroom and ...

You Might Also Consider

YORK HOME IMPROVEMENT SUPPLIES

Once bitten, twice smitten! First time it was a beautiful glass insert installed to perfection. Most recently, a glass...

Frank, Bradford West Gwillimbury 2 Apr 14, 2014

Reviews for The Lumber Guys

Nov 11, 2013, Toronto

From their time as employees at Rona the owner and President of The Lumber Guys "Guy" and his side kick shipping Manager "Steven" knew that Oborne Contracting Inc. was one of the bigger general contracting companies in the GTA and they worked diligently to solicit our lumber contracts when they formed The Lumber Guys. We made the choice to give The Lumber Guys an opportunity to secure our business but in two words or less…..BIG MISTAKE! This company is so unorganized and so unprofessional it boggles the mind. It the three orders we provided them for two separate projects in the span of just over a week encompasses the amount of issues you might expect from a supplier over the course of many years. Right from the original ordering to the deliveries the numerous and comical issues seemed like scenes out of The Three Stooges or Laurel and Hardy movies. The mistakes of The Lumber Guys cost my company over $5,000.00 dollars in billed lost man hours and sub trade time. The owner and the shipping manager did nothing to rectify the situation, provide any fair compensation or even apologize. I am now left fighting for refunds on all the wrong materials shipped another $1,000.00 plus. In all the issues of suppliers over the course of 21 years Oborne Contracting Inc. has been in business we have never felt so inclined to review and warn others of any company. Use The Lumber Guys at your own risk, but you have been warned. If you are even considering using this company and wish to have a verbal testimonial please feel free to call us at 905-889-2841

Company Response:
There was a misunderstanding between the order desk and Oborne Contracting Inc with the width of the LVL’s. We were willing to change everything right away and pick up the other LVL’s. When we got to the site to do the exchange Oborne Contracting Inc did not want to pay for the difference in cost for the LVL’s, we could not drop off the LVL’s without the payment. Oborne Contracting Inc insisted that they would not pay for the difference in cost so we left the job site

Jun 03, 2013

After doing extensive research and what seemed to be a gleaming recommendation on this site, we ordered $2400 of Pressure Treated wood. The day of delivery they called to say they were short of material and were giving us the option of larger cuts of wood but yet not providing a discount for the inconvenience. My husband was understandably upset as he knew we were probably getting the bottom of the barrel when it came to the quality of wood. When he asked them, if this was the bottom of the barrel, they said, "No, we just ran out because of the long weekend." My husband asked, well what if it's not good material when it gets delivered, can we send it back? Can I check the material?" Well, they got defensive and manager Steven who, Josephine from the front said was overhearing the entire conversation threatened us and told her to tell us, "If you're gonna check every material then I'm not gonna let them deliver to you!" Sure enough, it was subpar cracked, twisted and lots of knots. To top it off, they tried to deliver material that was not Pressure treated that would have been useless since we are building a deck. We were also missing material upon delivery that we got billed for. It was a good thing my husband took the day off for the delivery. If it was just me, I would not have known and we would've had to rent a van/truck to return it all the way to their store from Mississauga. The worst part is, when we first spoke to them, they made it seem easy enough to get the credit since we're paying by visa and they had the machine on hand. However, when we it came to actually getting the credit for almost $100 worth of material, the manager Steven all of a sudden said, we had to come in to the store just to get the refund even though the error was on their part and not ours. I contacted Visa and they said they should have been able to refund from the machine or even just from their end. Steven finally agreed to process it and said he'd call me back. Well he gave me the run around. I called again and ended up getting the owner Guy, who said that I definitely do not have to come in and get my refund and this should have been dealt with. After about a week of Steven sitting on it and me calling them about 10x, I finally got an email from Josephine saying they have processed the refund except over a week later, it still hasn't shown up in my account. I'm still waiting for my refund and we've had to get more materials from another place to compensate for the ones they never delivered! I definitely do not recommend!

Company Response:
Hi Sue from Saksatoon, I apologize for what happened to your delivery. We only carry top quality wood so when we ship out material there is no bottom of the barrel, the wood from the top of the skid is the same quality as the wood from the bottom of the skid. When we do deliveries we cannot allow the customer to have our truck sitting there for hours while you pick through every single piece of wood, we have lots of deliveries to do and it would hold us up for the rest of the day. We don’t ship out broken pieces of wood so there shouldn’t be any problem with the wood and if there was a piece that was damaged we would replace it. With the refund our portable machine is not set up to do deliveries so that is why you would have to come in to get the refund.

Apr 07, 2013, Richmond Hill

Great service. Helped with the project planning and educated us on environmentally friendly products. Very personable staff and delivered when promised. Would definitely use their services in the future for any construction needs.

Mar 24, 2013, Vaughan

I went to the The Lumber Guys for most supplies during my recent Basement renovation. They were very helpful and i found everything I needed. i would defiantly recommend them to anyone that needs renovation materials.

Company Response:
Hello Julian, glad we could be helpful, please let us know if you have any future projects which we can give you a price on.

Feb 05, 2013, Markham

Used The Lumber Guys for most supplies during a recent build. Shopped around, found their quote to be the best value. I like doing things right. The quality of their products matched my demands for higher standards in construction. Timelines for delivery were met perfectly, even during last minute changes to the order. Very happy to find a new favourite supplier.

Company Response:
Thank you, hope to see you again on your next job site

Jan 31, 2013, Richmond Hill

The Lumber Guys are the best supply store, doesn't matter if u are a big contractor or a small guy, u get the best service, price, and delivery every time. We build fences, decks and finish basements. All our supply is from Lumber Guys. We used to buy supplies form other companies and the service was crappy, deliveries were late all the time. The Lumber Guys is the store to go, visit the store and you will see it for yourself. 10/10

Company Response:
Thank you, we are starting the pressure treated season next month, come see our prices

Jan 31, 2013, Toronto

I needed materials to finish the basement in our new home. Found the lumber guys online and visited their store. Very friendly and helpful staff, with great advise and good pricing. Materials were delivered the very next day and the quality was very good. I would very much recommend the lumber guys as a materials supplier. Very professional, knowledgeable and great pricing.

Company Response:
Thank you, glad we can supply your needs!

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!