Category :
73 Majestic Drive NEPEAN , ON K2G1C9
Owner/Manager:
Shawn Comtois

Wright Brothers Roofing

Company Profile Roofing in Ottawa with the Wright Brothers, the roofers who truly care. We know the challenges homeowners face when it comes to roofing in Ottawa. Our goal is to ensure our customers are provided with the highest quality in materials and workmanship. We treat every home we work on as ...

You Might Also Consider

Bronson Johnson Seamless Eavestroughs

The Jimmies

We needed eavestroughs installed on our new house. When I called them mid-summer they were so busy that the waiting list...

Val from Ottawa 2 Feb 13, 2014

Reviews for Wright Brothers Roofing

Show:

Feb 17, 2014, Ottawa

My house was suffering from repeated Ice Dams every winter, and I knew I was going to have to replace the roof deck plywood because of the sagging I had between the roof rafters. I had contacted four different companies for an estimate, and found that Wright Brothers Roofing was the most responsive, and he seemed to know a great deal about how the ventilation in my attic was affecting my air exchange needed to properly vent my roof. Their quote was the most expensive, but they were also the only ones who offered a product called “bluwood” which is mold resistant and water repellant, instead of standard plywood. They were also the only one to offer 5/8’s thickness instead of ½ inch. They also opened up my soffits for air intake and installed baffles for proper air flow. Even though they are not registered with the BBB, I found Shawn to be honest and sincere and possessed the knowledge on how to fix the ice damming situation that I was struggling with on my roof. My roof was done in August, Shawn did ask me to write a review for him to share my experience with his company, but I decided to wait until now to make sure my money was spent properly. I went through all this winter(well until February), and so far, not one ice dam formed on my roof, showing he did in fact know how to fix it. I found his crew was very clean while they worked, they showed up every day on time, and they worked very hard. Proving to me, that this company is more than worthy of a review.

Dec 19, 2013, Ottawa

After getting 4 estimates, we chose Write Brothers Roofing because Sean gave us the most confidence in the product and service we would be getting. Sean is very knowledgeable and client centric. He answered all our questions, provided references, and even helped us decide on roof colour. The work was done quickly, professionally, and we're very pleased with the results. Thank you, Sean and team!

Jun 06, 2013, Petawawa

I wanted to share the hard and professional work that Wright Brother's Roofing performed on my home, garage and my neighbours home. Shawn and his crew went out of their way to get the job done fast, accurately and with 100% satisfaction by myself and my neighbour. When I say out of their way I really mean it, Wright Brothers Roofing drove up from Ottawa to Petawawa (1.5 hours drive). They were able to work through very hot conditions and completed all three roofs in 2 days. This is amazing considering that I had just built a new addition and the angle of the new roof was unique and had to be carefully thought out to ensure it was done correctly. They also upgraded my vents which has made a huge difference. Once completed I was blown away at the cleanliness, I couldn't find one nail which was great because I was afraid of my young children stepping on one. Great job! I certainly recommend these guys for their professionalism, great attitudes and willingness to please their customers. What else could you ask for WRIGHT!!! Thanks again Marc Comtois (Petawawa, Ontario) Approx. Cost based on 2 homes and one detached garage

May 12, 2013, Kanata

I had several roofers come and estimate my roof replacement and decided to use Wright Brothers. Shawn spent time with me to assure that he knew exactly what I wanted done. He was very personable and answered my questions when finalizing the quote. Shawn’s quote was not the cheapest, but I decided to go with him as he had done quite a few houses in my street and the quality of workmanship was excellent. Shawn was extremely honest. I had got him a bank draft and the bank made a mistake and issued the draft for $1000 more than the amount I had requested. I had not noticed this when I handed the draft to Shawn. His immediate response was “you paid me too much”. Since it was a money order I couldn’t do anything about it. Shawn went home and came back within an hour, with a $1000 cheque for me. In a nutshell Shawn’s company is: Honest, respectful, clean, quick and an all-around excellent job. My roof looks spectacular and I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Apr 29, 2013, Nepean

We were finishing a major garage addition to our house and the project was running behind. Shawn and his team came in at the end of the season and worked hard in freezing weather to get the roof on before the snow came. The guys were polite, kept a tidy work site, and worked long days to get the job done. The roof looks amazing and we will hire Wright Brothers again when we re-shingle the rest of the house.

Feb 26, 2013, Ottawa

Sean was very knowledgeable and courteous from the estimate to the end of the job. They cleaned up ok. I still have pieces of cut underlay hanging off the side of the roof. The roof looks good, however, could have put more effort into the flashing around the chimney and I was a little annoyed with how the bundles of shingles were tossed on the roof, the whole house shook with every bundle until I went out and put a stop to that. It may be normal practice but a roof shouldn't have to take the only beating it ever gets when you're trying to fix it up. It's hard to find careful workers in the construction business. Overall, I would recommend them. Just make sure Sean stays on the job site. Things tend to go smoother that way when any company owner is around. We were scheduled for about a month before they came. I was told this was a misunderstanding between me and the owner but i'm not convinced we weren't just put on the back burner. I can't speak for quality of work because i am not a roofer and I couldn't tell you about where they've put the nails or if it'll be a good roof in 10-20 years so i'm just hoping it will. You will be shown a certificate of completing the course for proper installation of that brand of shingle, however, the certificate does not belong to the person doing the roof. They may or may not have their own but I just found it funny that i'm being shown a "degree" of the guy who isn't doing the work...very useful.

Company Response:
Hi Suren, Thank-you for the review. Firstly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you while we were working on your home. I understand that this is not a bad review, just a customer expressing what he felt could have been better. We would like to thank-you for your insight in helping Wright Brothers Roofing be a better company for every one else in the future. Knowledge is a company's biggest asset. Good or bad reviews are always helpful, for a number of different reasons. This one inparticular lets us know of things that need to be resolved. I also apologize for the mis-understanding between me and you that had caused us to get to your roof late. I can assure you that it was a mis-understanding, and we were not putting you on the "back burner". We put our roofs in a "first come, first serve" order. I would also like to clearify for anyone reading this post, that the certificates I presented were infact my certificates from the manufacturer, and Suren did not recieve every certificate for all my employees. When I do my estimates, I usually only include mine only, just to prove that, yes, I am certified. I normally do not include all of them, and to be honest, it is to save money from printing cost. I have the originals for all my employees, and yes, all my employees are certified, and have their certificates. They are visible on my website, and on my facebook page, and I have the original certificates should someone ask to see them. I thank-you for brining this to our attention, as I did not think that clients might even be thinking that. I do agree with you, that all employees' will always work better and more efficiently when the owner of the company is around. Unfortanately, it takes a full-time job, just to find full-time work and I trust my employees' to do a good and satisfactory job. I am working very hard on customer satisfaction. I am sure you will admit, I am there at least three times a day to check in, and ensure the roofs are being done the way we were trained to do them, and I am always there at the end of every job to make sure that every roof we do passes final inspection. Although I must admit, I did not see underlayment sticking out the bottom of the roof. And until now, it never accured to me that I should check the bottom side of the shingles from the ground for underlayment. I want to thank-you for bringing that to our attention too. This is something that will be checked on every house from this point on. When we do our inspection it consist of 1. Shingle Placement and Method (Installing the shingles in a method approved by Certainteed) 2. Correct Fastening (proper amount of nails, must be inside the nailing strip) 3. Ventilation Standards (Correct placement and level) 4. Flashing Detail (scratches, dents, improper fastening) 5. Damage (scuffed shingles, broken shingles, dented or broken vents, etc...) 6. Valley Installation ( secured correctly, straight and installed in a way that meets Certainteed standards) 7. Caulking (clean, neat in appearance, sufficient amout to last the roofs time) 8. Site Tidiness ( garbage cleaned up, magnetic nail broom passed, are there any nails left inbetween deck boards, etc...) 9. Are the gutters cleaned out? This is the inspection that I put every roof we do through. I found your roof passed inspection, and can assure you, your shingles are indeed properly fastened to the roof deck. Again, I apologize for these inconviences, and thank-you for bringing them to our attention and continuing in your support for Wright Brothers Roofing by continuing to reccomend us to others.

Feb 11, 2013, Ottawa

Following a freak hailstorm in our community this past summer, it was important that we have our roof investigated for any damage. Local roofers had clearly become busy with scheduling estimates, and so I decided to call outside of our area for a roofing appraisal, ultimately selecting the Wright Brothers based on my evaluation of their web-site as professionally organized and comprehensive. Their site also highlights skylight expertise - an added attraction for me, being that our roof incorporates 2 skylights. Wright Brothers owner, Shawn Comtois, answered my telephone call and immediately impressed me with an overview ofthe company and an uncommon attentiveness to my request. Soon, both Shawn and his associate, John, were at our home detailing our roof’s damage as well as the array of options offered by the company. They were ‘communicators’ - all information was delivered clearly and patiently with effective diagramming in explanation of ventilation and all trim work involved. Photos of the damage were promptly supplied for our insurance needs, and as we had, years before, experienced a poor roofing job, belief that our concerns would be met set us at ease sufficiently to not only contract with Wright Brothers, but also to refer the company for our neighbours’ consideration. Most impressive was the sense of integrity that came through; Shawn and John were not focussed on attaining a contract so much as they were intent on explaining the job and responding to all questions, of which we had many. (We did have 2 other estimates from roofers sent out by our insurance company, yet it was the Wright Brothers we selected based on an overall sense of scrupulousness). Although we anticipated waiting until spring for the work to be done, we were surprised in mid-December to have Shawn and his crew at our door, ready to begin the work due to their completion of other contracts ahead of schedule. Overall, Shawn’s customer service was quite excellent: he made an extra trip to our home at last minute with a full board sample of shingles from which to make our final decision; he came out another day upon our request that he meet with the Velux skylight representative (for basic grounding of our assuredness). Once the roofing was completed, Shawn willingly came out to our home yet again, by our request, to finalize an eaves trough adjustment. Shawn has also informed us that he will be back once the snow dissipates to do final yard clean-up of any missed debris. Our roofing was accomplished professionally and efficiently in realization of on-going inclement weather. Shawn and his crew are to be commended for their reliability and appropriate responsiveness to all issues throughout the project. The entire crew displayed excellent work ethic, dedicating themselves to long and sometimes grueling hours of skillful work because of the snowy and icy weather conditions that set in. On the final day, Shawn joined the crew for the completion. The main downside to our roofing was the fact that it was taking place so close to Christmas; it worked out okay based on our laying lower than normal due to my recent surgery. We trust we have an excellent quality roofing job; a few sunny days have allowed us to actually catch sight of the new shingles, and they look great! Now, we look forward to having Wright Brothers return in the spring for our home’s siding replacement.

Feb 10, 2013, Kanata

Re-roofing. I had contacted Wright Brothers Roofing after several attempts with other roofing companies that said they would get back to me within a week or so. I got a response back from John within 24 hours. He was very personable and answered my questions when finalizing the quote. Shaun came to the site at the middle and at the end of completion. and he to was also very personable and extremely honest. Aside from a very minor problem with the neighbour complaining that not all the nails and little bits of nail size debris was not cleaned-up, I was extremely satisfied with a job very well done and would recommend the Wright Brothers to anyone looking for roofing repair.

Oct 10, 2012, Ottawa

We had just bought our first home and ran into some water issues. After having a few companies come give us estimates, Wright Brothers Roofing made us feel the most comfortable with the project we were taking on. Honest, respectful, clean, quick and an all around great job. We would recommend this company to anyone and already have to a few of our neighbours.

Company Response:

Aug 20, 2012

Have just finished our roof and am delighted with the quality of work performed by this first class company. Everyone involved impressed us with their obvious pride and commitment to a job well done. Would highly recommend them.

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!