Category :
Countertops
Address:
151 Bentley St. Unit 7. Markham , ON L3R3X9
Owner/Manager:
Zean Century Stone ( ZC Stone )
Hours:
M-F 9:30 - 5:30, Sa 10 - 3

Zean Century Stone Ltd. ( ZC STONE )

Company Profile Are you looking for an affordable, high-quality kitchen countertops and bathroom vanities? Here we are, Zean Century Stone provides our customers the most competitive price, best quality, and excellent customer services. Our price are definitly not the cheapest in GTA, but we guaranty our quality and service are the best ...

You Might Also Consider

Latitude Countertops

Quartz Countertop with Blanco Silgranit Sink and A

Excellent job done by the installers.Jonathan was very accommodating and patient with us while we made up our minds on the...

marcella from Oakville 2 Apr 17, 2014

Reviews for Zean Century Stone Ltd. ( ZC STONE )

Show:

Oct 28, 2011, North York

Zean century is a good company, I will recommand it to my friends and family. I am a new house buyer, and have no idea how the counter top works, their professional knowledge and friendly atmosphere helped me a lot, and I made my final desicion. Also, the job finished perfectly, with the high polished edge and some special angulars. I was very satisified with their service.Thank you, Zean century stone.

Helpful? Yes No
This entry did not meet HomeStars review criteria.
Nicolas in Mississauga Aug 19, 2011
Why am I seeing this?

Aug 10, 2011

People there are very friendly and helpful. At first, when my husband and I walked in the showroom, there are so many colours that we were not sure which to choose. The salesman there gave us a lot of information and made some good suggestions. They even gave us some samples to see whether they would go with our cabinet. We finally chose a yellow-beige colour, called giallo ornamental I think. It matched our dark brown cabinet beautifully. The price there is also reasonable and competitve. Although we have a little problem with installation time, they responded quickly and solved it properly. Overall, I will definitely recommend this company.

Aug 03, 2011, Markham

We are very pleased with our counter tops. Excellent service from Li and Brain. They answered all of our questions and concerns. The installers were very professional and efficient. Money worth spending for a high quality job.

Jul 29, 2011, Toronto

A bit of a long story with the final chapter happening a year later but Zean Century Stone customer service leaves much to be desired. I would NOT recommend this company to anyone. Last year I renovated a 2 bedroom condo including gutting a galley style kitchen and replacing with new everything. Because the space was small it had to be precise. I had my drawing but Zean came out to remeasure. The fridge was standard size on one end of the kitchen, the cabinets went into an l-shaped pattern. At the other end was the stove and a half-wall made of concrete with a doorway. On the stove side the half wall was about 2 feet wide and it was to get a granite topper to act as a ledge. On the other side of the doorway it was to be something like a breakfast bar. Even though I had a 24 inch stove at the time, when I planned the kitchen I left space for a 30" inch standard range for future replacement. Firstly, when the counter was installed, the installers came unprepared. The condo had been cleaned for the most part (the counter was pretty much the last thing to happen). They were left unsupervised for awhile but when I returned I found that the air was cloudy and there was granite dust everywhere because they hadn't blocked off the area or brought a shop vac! Unbelieveable! I even got granite dust in my eye which caused blurriness for a whole day... it was pretty scary. I had to go to the eye doctor about it. I called Brian to complain and he came out with the master installer the same day I believe. They agreed that this was inappropriate. Also, they had cut the granite too close on the fridge side and had to sand and repolish the corner of the granite so the fridge door could be opened without scraping against the granite. The rest of the job was completed properly, or so I thought until last week when I bought a new 30" stove. Funnily enough I was concerned about getting it into the kitchen because the doorway is only 29" wide so I made sure that it could be slid into the kitchen sideways and backed into the space. However, once in the kitchen It didn't fit in the space because the counter did not end flush with the end of the cabinet or on the end of the concrete wall. The counter protruded .5 inch on either side making it impossible for the stove to fit. At first I thought that it was just the on the half wall side and thought that if the topper were pried off the stove could be put into place and then it could be resecured. I asked a handyman friend if he could come and do that for me. He had a hard time to pry it off, understandbly and unfortunately a corner of it cracked and broke. Even after the topper was off the stove still did not fit becaue there was the same problem on the other side... In a panic, I took some pictures and called Brian, the person I dealt with last year. I tried to explain the situation and e-mailed the photos to him from my phone. I knew that this was their fault for not measuring properly but I also took some responsibility for not checking at the time the counter was installed. But I had never had a granite countertop installed before and thought the professionals knew what they were doing. It never occurred to me afterward because for a year I used a 24" stove so there was plenty of room. A week ago Wednesday Brian said he would speak with the master installer and get back to me with a price to repair the problem... ie: the counter has to be shaved down 1/2 inch so as to be flush with the end of the cabinet and repolished. On the half wall side the topper has to be shaved down 1/2 inch on the side of the stove, the corner crack has to be repaired and the topper reattached. But I didn't say anything because I was desperate. I called the next day and he said he hadn't spoken with the master yet. I have called again and again. On Saturday I called and spoken with another man. I had asked to speak with the owner of the company and was told he wasn't there. I explained the situation to this person who promised me he would speak with Brian and call me back. Yesterday I left a desperate message that I am willing to pay for the repair just to get it done. If this is customer service then I don't know what to think. I have called other granite companies and no one wants to come fix mistakes made by someone else. In the meantime I don't know what to do. The stove is sideways in the space. I can't return it. I can't find someone else to repair the problem so will probably have to lose the money for the stove and purchase another 24" stove (the original one was given away). This still leaves me with the problem of the broken and unattached topper for the half wall. I have a pit in my stomach about this and cannot believe that they will do nothing to help me. Even if it were completely my fault. In a couple of hours they could correct the problem for me and do a lot for good will. Instead, they won't even return my calls. I have photos if anyone is interested. This is a nightmare. Stay away from Zean Century Stone unless you are prepared to monitor everything they do, measure and remeasure everything making sure everything is in place before you pay the balance of the bill. I am a Realtor and cannot believe that for such a small thing that they could fix so easily they would leave a customer hanging. I am always asked for referrals of different contractors and services but would NEVER inflict this company on anyone.

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
Provide decent customer service. Acknowledge that an error was made regardless of whose fault and fix it. Don't leave customer hanging.
Company Response:
Dear Wendy, we're very sorry to hear such bad comments about our project. First of all, we want to apologize for the service issues you experienced. Since this case happened last year, we have improved our training and supervising procedures. We also want to apologize for not responding in timely matter. We had a very high volume of orders this summer, and I, Brian, and after the first response you I did forgot to call you back to arrange a service time, which I feel very sorry. Secondly, we want to clarify the stove problem which we think you might misunderstand: the left side beside the stove was only polished, which is quite standard for a free standing stove. The right side, beside the stove, was designed differently which the all three side overhang was the same and the corners were designed to be rounded, which is not standard for a stove and was required by the customer (From the template, we assume that the customer required this design, since it would have been unlikely that our template expert designed this by himself). So the space was not left for a standard 30 inch stove and this smaller space was definitely not designed by mistake. We are regretful for this bad experience and we will keep improving our services. We understand how upset you are, but we believe this project deserves better than a ‘1’. We have contacted with the intention of compensating you. Sincerely, Brian.

Oct 05, 2010

Just realize how grateful I am to ZC Stone. Right now my kitchen looks so perfect and with the shining granite countertop! I am amazed by their warm service and efficiency. I am grateful and will recommend it to my friends absolutely!

Sep 04, 2010, Markham

I just had my kitchen countertop exchanged from laminate to granite. My L shape cabinets are very long, and I was so worried about the bad look of the joint. But the workmanship of the installers are so great! The joint is almost invisible. I was so surprised. Although their English are not good, their services are very thoughtful. They cleaned up everything after installation, even the whole cabinets. Also the coordinating from their sales was very responsible. Great effort ZC Team! Thanks so much Zean Century Stone!

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!