Categories :
Hours:
24 Hrs

House Depot

Company Profile

HouseDepot, REGISTERED WITH ESA, TSSA, HRAI, WSIB, WITH COMMERCIAL INSURANCE, AND MANY OTHER LICENSES: installs and services:

more...
Servicing:

Brampton,Burlington, Concord, Etobicoke, GTA, Hamilton, Markham, Mississauga, New Market, North York, Oshawa,Pickering, Richmond Hill,Scarborough,Thornhill, Vaughan Woodbridge, Toronto, Ajax, oakvile, thornhill

Reviews for House Depot

Show:

Apr 10, 2012, East York

I am very pleased with the service provided to me by House Depot! Mark recently repaired my furance & his service was prompt, efficient & very reasonably priced. He charges a fixed price for his work regardless of how may hours it take to complete! I would definately recomend House Depot for any furnace/air conditioning repairs!!!

Apr 02, 2012, TORONTO

House Depot was reasonably priced as well as readily available. Mark and his team are honest, hard working and pleasant. They quoted us a great price for X hours of work and the job ended up being more complex and took longer than anticipated, but the price did not change. They were also very considerate in terms of cleanliness and working around our infant.

Mar 28, 2012, NORTH YORK

Mark did a great job installing a new 200 amp electrical panel. We had multiple contractors who did work in the area and they were all impressed with the quality of the work.

Dec 29, 2011, Scarborough

We called Mark in because our furnace broke down over the holidays. He came in on Boxing day, and figured out the problem and dealt with the manufacturer to get the part replaced. Other companies would have said that we should replace the entire furnace, but he took the time to find another solution.

Company Response:
I appreciate leaving me good comment as it is the only way I get my customers. I always try to do my best not to create unncessessary cost and that is why I never charge the customers based on hours. I wish I could have got 10 out of 10,as i never do any shortcomings and feel the customers as my friends. That is the reaosn if I need a screw driver or extra lights I ask my customers.

Dec 29, 2011, YORK

Review has Multiple Versions 1

I really liked Mark at first. He gave me straightforward advice for the first job he did for me. The second time, however, I was disappointed. He came by later than he said he would and left a mess when he was finished. He also was less straightforward. Mark also left the cover off the running furnace, which is apparently a big mistake (so said the next person I hired next). Doing so will trip a blowback sensor and shut down the furnace. It also seems a little dangerous. When he came by the first time, he told me my furnace might last for a long time. When he came by the second time, he told me I should replace it--for $5000. The first time, he also told me that it didn't need to be cleaned, and that it was working fine. The second time, he 'cleaned' it and told me it was in bad shape (he didn't really clean it; he left a large-ish pile of dust and rust on the floor that he swept out of the furnace but didn't dispose of). Mark also does not show up with tools, making repairs a collaborative venture. I had to get him a screwdriver, vacuum, and steel wool. Mark is also over worked. He showed up late and could not promise to return the next day to finish the job.

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
Show up on time. Finish the job. Communicate clearly. Offer guarantees. Clean up after. Bring your own tools.
Company Response:
Sorry that you were disappointed. The first time I came to your place I just did general check up for leak. There was no monoxide leak but the pipes had leaks, you said you had plugged the back flow preventer, this means you are feeding your neighbors with poisonous drinking water. And since you wanted to keep going with the existing boiler I recommended you change the part, which was not done when I came back. 1. I explained I have boiler installation and I can not give you time as I have to finish it first, you agreed. 2. When I came to your place your boiler, I left the cover open and showed you how to turn the unit on with a lighter until I get the part tomorrow. I told you before leaving your place, please cooperate with me as I can not come tomorrow morning and you said you will not be in the afternoon, which I said as long as somebody is in I will take care of your heat. You agreed. 2. In terms of borrowing your screw driver and vacuum you are right, I felt so friendly to ask you. As you saw we had two trucks in front of your house and I have all the tools needed for fieldwork. Then in the morning you called me to say that you hired somebody else to come and fix the boiler. I called and talked to your wife and apologized that I could not have been there in the morning. 3. In terms of electrical wires, the electrical voltage is only low voltage control signals and is fully legal for low voltage even to be live. I am fully authorized insured master electrician. The other guy who scared you am sure does not know enough about it otherwise he would not have said so. I do wish you the best of luck in the future and welcome any opportunity to resolve these issues in person.

Dec 27, 2011, Etobicoke

We looked on homestars to find an electrical contractor because the previous electrical contractor that was working on our project who was recommended by our architect had abandoned our rough -in. This was after we already paid him and he hadn't pulled a permit to do the job, and left the last 20% of the job undone. The previous electrician abandoned the project without telling us and left us hanging for many months causing thousands of dollars of extra costs. We found Mark of House Depot. We got three or four quotes, and Mark was the cheapest by almost half of some of the other guys. But the main reason we chose him was because he said he was going to test our switches, lights and sockets before the drywall went on. This was an advantage because we didn't want to find out something wasn't working after finishes were put in. We asked Mark to do some other work that he was not initially aware of and he did tell us it would be extra so that his costs did approach the other guy's initial quotes but we got all the items we wanted and many lights are working even though we are still at the rough in stage. Mark had done a forensic exam of our existing system and drew a schemata, which he has offered to give us. He finished within a very reasonable time frame. Another advantage of going with Mark is his extensive knowledge of hvac systems. He has found some deficiencies with our hvac guy's configuration and we are exploring these concerns. Great job and we are looking forward to the installation of the electrical finishes.

Company Response:
Dear Joe, I really appreciate your comments. The first time I came to your house I saw what contractors have done and have taken advantage of you. I really felt sad for you. I explained not all the contractors are bad, sometimes you find rotten apples inside good ones. From beginning I told you the hvac is not up to code and causes fire to your house. You said you already paid because the builing inspector said the hvac installations are good. I explained the inspector does not have the qualifications to say so. I showed you the ways with no cost to force the fully paid hvac contractor to come back and fix the mess they have done. I am sure you will get through the rough time you are having. God bless you

Oct 27, 2011, Toronto

It was cold and my furnace was not working. Mark came out late in the evening and fixed it. Mark is a great guy to work with. Very personable, conscientious and cleans up afterwards. Can't ask for anything more!

Oct 26, 2011, North York

I recently got a new furnace installed by house depot. The staff of two worked very hard, were very professional, did a great job and cleaned up very well after themselves. THANKS MARK

Oct 24, 2011, Toronto

I looked for 3 YEARS for someone who would come and replace the pipes we had as they were not to code and were leaking condensation back into our house. The drywall had molded and we were in danger of spreading mold to the children in the house. It has to be done this Fall or we were going to be in big trouble again this winter. The dehumidifier was helping but it was not going to be enough. After calling, Mike arrived immediately and showed me his list of degrees, certificates, diplomas and honourary certificates for everything from AutoCAd to Electrcial Engineering - this guy has credentials for days! The job was quick, painless, they cleaned up every particle of dust, treated my Mom like a queen, played with the kids and even came back to check the caulking a day later. When I asked him to put in a fireplace, he said NO! it wouldn't solve my heating issue and recommeded another contractor who could address it faster and cheaper. i will not hesitate to call them again for any issues about heating, electricity or my furnace. AMAZING customer services. Thanks for all your follow up calls!!

Sep 28, 2011, Toronto

Mark was very informative, punctual, thorough and diligent with the installation of our furnace. He answered all our questions and provided the service at a good price. We will go back to him for all our heating, cooling and water services.

Company Profile

1. Air Conditioning, Air Conditioner, HVAC, furnace, Boiler, Heat Pump, Ductless, Tankless, Hot Water Tank, HWT, Cooling, Gas piping, Rooftop, services Fire Places Radiators, electrical, Ductless, AC's, Pool Heaters, Gas, BBQ's 2. Master electricians : Knob and Tube wiring, Panel and service upgrade, Potlight installation Troubleshooting, New house wiring, permit and Electrical, walkin cooler, walkin freezer, DC motor controller, ESA inspections, TSSA, Red tag, endbrige, schandalier installation potlight installation, ground wiring, oil furnace installation, oil furnace repair

House Depot, housedepot

Products & Services

Products
Furnaces, central air conditioners, tanklesses, water heaters, ductless Electrical Panel, Walkin cooler, Walkin Freezer,Potlight, potlights, Service Upgrade, Knbo and Tube wiring, Fan installation, Fixture installation, oil furnace repair, oil furnace installation
Services
Heating,furnace, rooftop, tankless Air Conditioning, Electrical, boilers, floor heating, boiler, Unit heater, infra red heater, tube heater, electrical wiring, electrical furnace, aircondition, walkin cooler, walkin freezer, heat pump, swimming pool, pool heater, tube heater, gas furnace, rooftop, roof top, walking cooler, walking freezer, knob and tube wiring and repair, permit, red tag, electrical inspection, gas inspection, leak detection, endbridge red tag
Brands
Rheem, Noritz, Goodman, Keeprite, carrier,lennox, lg, fujitsu, mitsubishi, Navien, Rinnai, siemens, commander, samsung
Specialties
Electrical, Radiant floor heating, troubleshooting, furnace, carrier, lennox, Rheem, American standard, boiler, carrier furnace, goodman, keeprite, electrical troubleshooting, fixture installation, chandeliers installation, fuse burnt out, panel change, live panel change, service upgrade, dc motor controller

Credentials & Financial Information

2000
All jobs guaranteed with min one year
Cash, Cheque, Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Financing
Master Electrician, Refrigeration and Gas, Metro License
ESA, TSSA, HRAI, OPA & BBB
Electrical Engineer, Automation Instrumentation engingeer
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!