Category :

You Might Also Consider

Relocation Professional Movers

Reviews for Tippet-Richardson Ltd

Feb 09, 2014, Toronto

My wife and I used them for the third time in December. There is a real difference between professional movers and the lowest priced movers. TR Limited sent a sales guy to come give us a quote and he helped us prepare for the move. I once used the least expensive movers I could find. These guys were sketchy movers that quoted one price and then held me and all of my worldly possessions hostage, until they raked me over the coals for significantly more - Don't make this mistake. With Tippet-Richardson, you get what you pay for. They are friendly and efficient. I am grateful that they got us through our move on time and for the same amount that was quoted. They deliver the real red carpet treatment and their men are professionals. 3 of the 4 guys had been with the company for many years...They mentioned that the company provides them with a great benefit package. They did their job with care and pride. Nothing lost or broken: ) All in all, they weren't the 'cheapest', they were the best and worth every cent spent, as I value my stuff.

Dec 08, 2013, Thornhill

Thank you so much for having the boxes available for my move yesterday. I must let you know that Mike, Lawrence and Ralph were absolutely amazing! They were pleasant, polite and extremely accommodating. I couldn't have asked for a better moving experience. I am so grateful that they were so friendly and good-natured. I cannot say enough about how great they were. I hope you are aware of the quality of the crew that made my move as stress-free as possible.

Nov 04, 2013, Scarborough

The worst experience ever!!!! Scheduled two moves with them one month apart. They did my first move, but were one hour late and said their truck broke it wasn't their fault. They didn't show up to my second move!!!! I called them 100 times the day of the move, and someone finally got back to me simply stating, "they forgot to schedule the move" even though I had a confirmation email from them 3 days before. Disgusting!!!! No one even called to apologize!!!! I've called the company a few times to hear an apology and get my deposit back - didn't get either. They did rush to pick up all their rags. Will never ever use again and will continue to post this review wherever I can!

Company Response:
Hi Dana, Can you please advise if you called Tippet-Richardson Limited or Tippet's World? We are two separate companies with no affiliation. I ask you this because this is an ongoing issue with our companies getting mixed up. Our truck is clearly marked with a logo of a man smiling....circa 1927. Their trucks are Blue I believe with the name Lewis Movers marked on them. Had you have called in the day of the move your call would have been forwarded to myself. Hoping you can clarify for me. Thank you. Sandra Lauzon 416-291-1200

Aug 02, 2013, Lakefield

Tippet Richardsons care only about their bottom line. They are not customer centered. Before they even delivered our personal effects from our international move they were demanding a fuel surcharge. They had difficulty making a rural delivery. Wayne the dispatcher tried to pawn us off on another mover which would have nullified our insurance. They underestimated the cost of redelivering our personal effects by 70%. No negotiation on these costs. Either pay up or you don't get your stuff. When our goods were delivered, they demanded payment up front. Delivery was sloppy. Boxes ended up in wrong rooms. Coverings for floor were deployed but not used. If you can avoid this firm, please do. Don't believe anything they say. Get it in writing.

Company Response:
Hello, Please note we are Tippet Richardson Limited at 25 Metropolitan Rd, in Toronto. We are in no way affiliated with Tippet's World on Ridgetop Rd in Toronto, TR Westcan, Tippet-Richardson in Vancouver. Sir we do not offer International Relocations nor do we have a dispatcher named Wayne working at our location. This is a common problem that we deal with on a regular basis as you can see by the reviews above you. Tippet's World operates under Lewis Movers and their trucks are blue. Ours are burgundy , clearly marked with our name and have a logo of a man smiling....circa 1927. Thank you. sandra lauzon

Apr 02, 2013, Pickering

We hired Tippet Richardson to pack and move our home. The team was top notch in every way. From the moment they showed up, they were polite, professional, and so nice to work with. The team went above and beyond to ensure our move went perfect, we could not be more pleased with them. I would highly reccomend Tippet Richardson.

Mar 31, 2013, Ajax

Great service. Accurate estimate. Good Equipment. I have moved several times for business both locally and across Canada. I would highly recommend this service. Special thanks to David and the move crew for delivering on the service sold. Steve-Toronto.

Jul 28, 2012, Toronto

I moved with Tippet Richardson in Toronto and the experience was great! Mike came to do the quote and offered many tips on packing and moving. He is a true professional and put me at ease right away. The movers showed up on time and moved me in record speed with nothing broken. They were very courteous. They even moved some existing furniture that was in the house for me (extra service). They were able to get large furniture up a very narrow staircase without any damage to the wainscoting on the walls. I recommend Tippet Richardson for a stress free move experience from beginning to end

Jul 22, 2012, Cobourg

If you are considering using Tippet-Richardson’s services, I highly recommend you reconsider. About sixteen years ago we left Canada to live and work overseas in Hong Kong. Housing there is very expensive so we would downsize, and put the bulk of our belongings in storage. These consisted of bulkier furniture items, and also items not essential to day-to-day living, but highly valued, such as heirlooms, a vast professional quality photo collection, from over twelve years of adventure traveling in remote areas in the 1980’s and 1990’s, and other . We contracted Tippet-Richardson to store our belongings, in their “modern, climate controlled storage facilities”. At the time we didn’t know how long we’d live abroad, but as it turned out, these items remained in storage for about fifteen and a half years, amassing a storage bill of over $20,000 plus taxes, plus the moving in to storage cost (over $1,000). When we bought a new house in Canada we arranged a delivery of our items in storage. When the day came 2 out of 3 palettes were delivered. I was told by the crew that the other one hadn’t been found. It was really more than one third that we were missing, because some items delivered were parts of furniture, whose other parts were missing (eg. disassembled beds and tables). The delivery crew and other people at the company all told me different stories. The crew said this happened all the time, senior management said it was extremely rare. Some said it would be found in a month, others said it might take six. A year later, it had still not been found. They say they have 2,000 vaults to search and claim to have searched 1,000 in the year since the non-delivery. Even if they have really searched that many, that is only about 3-4 a day. We have now been offered compensation totaling $12,500. Consider that we have paid them over $20,000, for a service they have failed to perform as contracted. Consider the average value of the a palette (to a palette and a half) of belongings. Would you consider this offer fair? Do you want to take a chance that this will happen to you? You can see on this site that we are not the only ones who have had very negative experiences. I suggest you avoid this risk and use a company whose customers are satisfied.

Jun 09, 2012, Toronto

Review has Multiple Versions 1

I have revised my ranking of TR. I have always said that things can go wrong...but it is what is done after to satisfy the customer that is what makes sense. After some discussions TR has finally reduced the price on my move and offered some concessions...it means that my concerns were heard and that I feel better about this now.. I would still suggest anyone who uses them requests a very experienced crew...but at least they fixed what they broke and reduced the price...so I feel better about them. The issues below are still relevant though..they happened, but at least they finally heard me. I had used TR three times previously without any issue at all. This time, although I asked for an experienced crew, I got a horrible crew, who, except for one guy, didn't seem to care about my things. They broke, dropped items...luckily my curio wasn't smashed as they "forgot" to remove one of the glass shelves. When I heard one of the guys drop a piece of furniture on the elevator and I told him to be more careful he said "oh it's ok, it's wrapped" It took them 14 hours from start to finish to move me 13 KM. When I used them the last time and I moved into my place, I had double the amount I had this time...so no excuses for the length of time except for a bad crew. Also, when they brought the wardrobes for my clothes -- they were filthy, with garbage in the bottom of them -- I made them go and get new ones as I wasn't going to put my clothes into such filth. I don't know what has happened to TR in the last couple of years..as it was only two years ago that I moved last and they were great.

Nov 11, 2011, CARRYING PLACE

This has been a truly unpleasant experience. They rushed my stuff into their van, packed it poorly into a container then left it sitting for weeks. It took forever to deliver. They damaged my stuff by not packing or wrapping it properly . Now I am being ignored by their insurance company and they are not replying to calls. Rotten experience.

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!