Category :
Ann Thornton
Hours:
10 am. - 8:00 p.m.

Moveworks Inc

Company Profile Moveworks Inc. is a full service moving, storage, and packing company specializing in local and short-haul residential moves. We are dedicated to providing the best possible service to our customers…every time. We coined the term smart move. A smart move starts with an honest and accurate inventory, or “cube sheet, ...

You Might Also Consider

Jia Jia International Moving Inc

DSC01619.jpg

3 factors that went into my decision to hire Jia Jia Moving: 1.professional 2.fast movers 3.experienced I have used JIaJia...

Margaret from Toronto 1 Mar 22, 2014

Reviews for Moveworks Inc

Apr 18, 2014, Toronto

Thank you for your help with our move. Moe and his crew were terrific. They moved everything safely and efficiently and the cost was exactly what we were told even though the snow made the driveway and ramp rather slippery that day. We appreciated your good humour throughout the day.

Apr 16, 2014, Brampton

I moved this month with a very short window of time to select a mover. Michael came to my home did an estimate which was so accurate. He explained exactly what was involved and the price. He recommended that I get two other quotes first but was confident in his company. The move went incredibly smooth, and quickly. they were so efficient, professional, and held up to their promises! I was super impressed. I told all my friends I would hire them instantly again. They made a follow up call as well to ensure everything was to my satisfaction. Great service! Great gob! Thanks for making a stressful time so easy!

Apr 09, 2014, Mississauga

I moved last month and hired Moveworks. I was extremely pleased with the service they provided from beginning to end. Michael thoroughly explained the process and pricing for the move when he came to give me the quote. We were able to move some of our own boxes and smaller items and save an hour and half off the price. The men that came the day of the move were very capable, polite and hard working. Thank-you for the great move we will definitely be recommending Moveworks to all of our friends and family. Rick

Company Response:
Thank you Rick for taking the time to write these kind words about our company. I hope you enjoy your new home and it was a pleasure doing business with you.

Apr 02, 2014, Mississauga

Our was a very large and difficult move. I had lost my wife last year and was moving in with my youngest daughter. I had to separate my furniture and deliver it to my new home, one of my sons' home, and the rest to Salvation Army. The crew was patient, polite, & efficient. They were extremely careful and made sure that the right stuff went to the right place. The moving day was as stressless as humanly possible.Thank you to Moveworks. If I have to move again and I hope I don't, I will call them again.

Company Response:
Dear Gus, I'm sorry for the terrible year you have had. I am extremely appreciative that you took the time to write this review. I hope you are content and comfortable with your daughter and her family.

Oct 30, 2013, East York

We bought a house across Toronto and, having a newborn baby, decided to hire movers for our things. Friends recommended Moveworks and we decided to check them out. I called and emailed the company and a few days later, Ann got back to me. Ben came for a quote. He was punctual and friendly, and very efficient. He stressed that the amount he was quoting was the ceiling cost, and that the price could go down, but it wouldn't go up. He said that for every 30 minutes less (the initial estimate was for a 7.5 hour move) the price would go down. My husband and I talked things over and decided to go with the company. On move day however, the movers said that the initial quote of $988 was a flat rate. Furthermore, they wanted to be paid before they left our house to go to the new one (this, despite the fact that the estimate I had said the move was to be paid at the end.) We paid them. What were we supposed to do? They had all our stuff in a truck, and could easily have taken out any frustrations. The move ended up taking 5.5 hours (including a long break), instead of 7.5. The move itself went okay... the movers helped up put together some furniture and seemed hardworking... there were a few small scratches on things, but nothing major. I called the company to complain about the flat rate/hourly rate debate and Ann said they would issue a $200 refund. That was almost a month ago. I called them to say I haven't received anything and two weeks later (and another phone call), still have not heard back from them, let alone received my refund. At the very least, Moveworks is not very good at returning phone calls in a promptly manner. And emails are even worse. The fact that I have to post a complaint here in the hopes of getting the refund I was promised is ridiculous. Given that, and their failure to respond, I cannot recommend this company in the future, and wish I had avoided them altogether.

Oct 24, 2013, Old Toronto

We hired these movers after their persistent phone calls to our private home. They claimed that they receive a list of names of property sellers and cold call from the list looking to procure clients for their moving company. We invited the owner (son) into our home to give us a quote and from a long list of references supplied by the company, we discovered many happy clients. The move itself went well. Movers polite, organized and efficient. Upon unpacking and organizing our items, we discovered a missing piece of furniture (a desk leg) and one box from our kitchen that contained sentimental items that were wedding gifts. We called Ann at Moveworks several times to find out what recourse we may have to recover these items. Perhaps they had been left at the back of the truck? Perhaps they had been mixed up in the move? She never returned any of our calls, or itemized emails. We paid in cash at the time of the move to save HST, so we really had no way to negotiate a resolution except to rely on professionalism and integrity of a company. Needless to say, they have proven to have none. Extremely disappointed and feel used, as they had cold-called us and taken advantage of our honesty and trustworthiness. All we were asking is a returned call to try to resolve the situation. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Very shady business dealings after they get your money. Our complaint to BBB also ended with no returned calls etc. to the BBB. What would this tell potential customers? Do not hire them.

Aug 23, 2013, Toronto

Alex and his team were here 15 minutes early. They were super fast, yet careful with our boxes and furniture. Everything was wrapped, boxed and dismantled properly and when we reached the new home they assembled all our furniture and moved the boxes into the home as per our direction. I am especially grateful to them for being very cautious around my little baby and also being quiet (for a moving day that is remarkable) when the baby was asleep. Thumbs up to you guys! You certainly made moving a fun experience.

May 29, 2013, Etobicoke

Moveworks made my move as easy as possible. The packers came the day before and packed up everything I wanted moved to my new condo. They were very friendly and helpful. The next day the crew came and moved everything into my condo without any problems. The price was accurate and Abraham and his crew were excellent. Thank you to everyone involved.

Apr 26, 2013, Mississauga

The men that Michael sent to do my move were just great. I had a bad cold and up to then was finding the whole process of moving to be very tedious. They came in and wrapped my furniture so nothing got marked and safely got it all to the truck. The whole day was much easier than I had anticipated and cost just what I had been told. Thanks so much.

Apr 26, 2013, Mississauga

Dear Moveworks, My move was completed on April 19 of this year. The move was smooth from beginning to end. The fellas were great and the price was reasonable and exactly what we had been quoted. The cheerfulness and good attitude of the crew makes an enormous difference on move day. If we move again, and I hope we don't, I am saving your business card.

Helpful? Yes No

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!