Category :
Owner/Manager:
Kyle Ratcliffe

Dr Green Lawn Care Services

Company Profile

Dr. Green Services is proud to be celebrating our 27th anniversary this year and we would like to thank each and every customer that has made this possible. As a family owned and operated business we very fortunate to have the support of our loyal customers.

more...

Reviews for Dr Green Lawn Care Services

Show:

Apr 16, 2014, Kitchener

Last year (2013) DR. Green (Cambridge, ON) was treating my lawn. I could not see any difference after their visits. I didn't know when they are going to come. Only way I knew they came was because of the invoice in my mail box. So this year I didn't even think of renewing the service with them. They were sending their offers in mail which I of course ignored. But this is not the end. On Apr 14, 2014 they come and left an invoice for their "Very Best First Visit", they indicated in the invoice they did spring fertilization. First of all I didn't ask them or authorized them to do anything. Second, we had 3 cm of snow that day. They trespassed on my property, went into my back yard without my consent and charged me for a service that I didn’t ask for. Unbelievable that they are trying to get you that way. I called them and told them that I didn't authorized them, or accepted, or ask for any of their services. With the end of last year my contract was over with them. They told me I should have "carefully" read their offers that they sent me. I think that they are trying to rip you off. Be aware of their tactics and don't let them do any service for you. Horrible service and would definitely not recommend them to anyone. I’m going to do my best to let my neighbors and friends to be aware of them.

Company Response:
Hi Ed, I am sorry to hear of this. We do notify our customers 24 hrs. prior to each visit. If I can assist in any way please feel free to email me at [email protected] Thank you

Apr 14, 2014, Milton

Had Dr Green for a season to see if it would improve my lawn, it did not so I called to cancel the service. They told me to call next season to confirm. So now the snow just disappeared and I am starting to get into that spring mode when I get home from work to see a sign on my lawn saying that Dr. Green was here and fertilized my lawn and somehow broke into my back yard and done that too and left me a bill for 60 bucks. I'm pretty sure there was still a bit of snow in the corner of my driveway. No warning that they were coming, no email that they were coming, nothing. How the hell do you get away from these people???? They trespassed on my property without my consent, went into my back yard without my consent and charged me money for a service that I had called to cancel. Horrible service and would definitely not recommend to anyone.

Company Response:
Hi Travis, I am very sorry to hear of this. If I can help assist with anything please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Apr 11, 2014, Brampton

Very bad customer service when you need them. Their technicians come only to post the invoice without doing ANYTHING substantial to the lawn. I won't recommend them, even to my enemies.

Helpful? Yes No
What could this company do to improve their services?
Change technicians and change the customer service personnel. Close the company.
Any advice to offer fellow homeowners facing a similar project?
Read the reviews before signing any contracts.
Company Response:
Hi Abdullah, I am very sorry to hear of this experience. If i can help in anyway please email me at [email protected]

Apr 11, 2014, Brampton

We started using Dr. Green in 2012. Our lawn has improved over the last couple of years. We were thinking about renewing, again, RENEWING - our contract for 2014. In order to reduce the complaints against this company by at least 50% is to do away with this continual service. You put off more people and have more contracts cancelled with bad feelings because you place the responsibility on the owner to cancel a never ending contract. Don't tell me that I was told this back in 2012!! I can't remember what I ate for lunch yesterday, I've got more important things on my mind now that needs to be dealt with. I won't sign a never ending contract with you until I tell you to stop. What if I has sold the house at the end of last year? You would be servicing someone else's house for free as they didn't place the order. This is a easy fix on Dr. Green's side, stop the "continual service" and we'll keep using you out of customer loyalty. Pull stunts like this on us and we'll drop you faster than you can send another sales person to sign up another home to make up for the churn. Easy customer retention, lower churn, higher profits.

Company Response:
Hi Colleen, It is great to hear that even with the auto renewal issue you experienced that you did see a change in the overall improvement of your lawn. unfortunately this is a policy that Dr. Green has had since we began almost 30 years ago. Keep in mind although this is a policy that maybe some customers rather not have, we do inform everyone and of course we would like to have you with us for many years, at the end of the day this is always the customers decision. Regardless we appreciate any opportunity whether it be for one seasons or many seasons. Thank you

Apr 10, 2014, Edmonton

hi i just want to say the only reason i went along with your program is because your rep that came to my door was so sweet and understanding and had strong patience towards to questions that i had . i am looking forward to you her coming to my door again next season!

Company Response:
Hi Anna, We are pleased to hear that our representative was able to assist you and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to work with you and your lawn this season. Thank you

Apr 10, 2014, Flower Mound

I prepaid the entire year. They never called. I called them 3x's with long waits...they said they'd be out the next day- no show. Cancelled. Save the frustration. Do not use.

Company Response:
Hi Jill, I am sorry to hear of this. I want to be able to help you and look into what happened. please feel free to email me [email protected] Thank you

Apr 04, 2014, Cambridge

In November 2013, we informed Taryn that we wanted to cancel our service. We explained that in the last few years we found our lawn to be looking worse and worse. She explained that with the recent changes concerning weed control and pesticides, lawn care professionals have been challenged and having to look at alternatives. In doing so, Dr. Green is committed to taking a greener approach to lawn care and are constantly evolving in this area. She outlined the new program to us explaining that change happens over time. With the new treatments that Dr. Green have adopted in taking a greener approach to lawn care things are constantly improving. She asked that we give Dr. Green another chance before opting out completely. She even offered a reduced rate due to our long standing history with Dr. Green. It was in speaking with Taryn that we decided to give Dr. Green another chance. She was very knowledgeable and informative and she took the time to speak with us. She could have easily said thank you and taken our cancellation notice but the fact that she went that little bit extra made us feel that we were a valued customer. She even sent us a follow up email outlining all that we had discussed. We look forward to our continued relationship with Dr. Green.

Company Response:
Hi Pierre, We want to thank you for your kind words and for giving us another opportunity to earn your trust back. We also look forward to our continued relationship, hopefully for years to come.

Apr 04, 2014, Holland Landing

Your services were good,prompt & good feed back.We have used you for years now & have been very happy with the services that we have received. We have received many complements from family & neighbours on our yard, even though we are in a water restricted area & a sandy area.

Company Response:
Hi Candace, We want to thank you for being a loyal customer of ours and we are very pleased to hear of your great satisfaction. We look forward to many more great years to come.

Mar 10, 2014, Milton

Never spent more than 5 mts on the grass. Never try to treat the weeds. I called several times to remind them that I took the service for mainly for weed control….so I expected the same. When they apply the chemical…weeds will disappear for week r so then they start coming out. This is nothing but they are killing plant out side the ground not from the root. And the agents told me that I never called. I told them I won't pay unless they fi the problem. I ask them to come and have look of the job how they did? No use nobody came. They are keep on calling me fee the payment. Also threatening me that they will send the case to legal department and I have to pay the fee for that approximately….2K…this is all rubbish They just know how to bug people to get the payment done…but not how to treat the lawn. Please don't ever try to take their so called lawn service!!!!!

Company Response:
Hello, I am very sorry to hear about this. I want to be able to help resolve this issue. if you like, please email me at [email protected]

Mar 06, 2014, Oakville

We have been using Dr. Green services for the last 5 growing seasons and, since we have been completely satisfied, we have already signed up for 2014. The services of Dr. Green – as we gather from our friends and neighbours are superior to the competition and we would not hesitate recommending them to anybody. As with every service operation, they are not “perfect” but, should a mistake occur, they are quick and courteous “making it good”. Overall, our rating for Dr. Green is 9 out of 10, honest.

Company Response:
Hi Richard, Thank you for your review. We want to thank you for being a loyal customer of ours for the past 5 seasons and going now. We appreciate you recommending us to family and friends. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Company Profile

As we look forward to this year we are very excited about some important improvements we have made to our 2013 treatment plans. In an effort to provide our customers with a thicker, greener lawn, and fewer weeds than last year we changed our weed control method and added an extra visit to each of our programs. We are now going be using an improved liquid product which has been tested and we know works well. Additional visits, combined with these new methods that will allow us to have better coverage of your weeds and will result in better results.
While we are very excited about these changes it is important to realize that controlling weeds naturally is more difficult than when using traditional products. You should expect to see a 75% reduction in your weeds after each treatment and with more treatments the effect will be compounded as the year goes on. This means that providing you with a healthy lawn and much fewer weeds can be expected, but it will be a work in progress.
In conjunction with seasonal fertilization, annual aeration and seeding, and the commitment of our clients to properly water and mow, we will continue to make a difference together.
At Dr. Green we are constantly looking at ways that we can improve our service. Over the winter months we thoroughly assessed what we did well in the past and what we need to do better this year. From new and innovative products to implementing state of the art technology, we will do whatever it takes. We have worked very hard to ensure that every employee at Dr. Green is committed to providing the best possible customer service experience in the years to come.

Products & Services

Products
Fertilizer, Weed Control, Premium Grass Seed
Services
Fertilizer, Weed Control, Aerating, Grub Control,Surface Insect Control, Seeding, Top Dressing, Power Raking, Slit Seeding, Gutter Cleaning

Credentials & Financial Information

1985
Visa, Mastercard, Online Banking, Cash and Cheque
Ontario Pesticides Operator License,Alberta Pesticides Operator License, Pesticide applicator cert
Landscape Ontario, PLANET,LANTA, Mississauga News Platinum Award, Cambridge Times Platinum Award
Ontario Agriculture College - Horticulture
There is no project too small for us!
PROJECT RATE
A quote will be provided before any services will be performed on your property.
WRITTEN CONTRACT PROVIDED
Dr. Green guarantees everything that is applied onto your lawn! We also offer FREE service calls!

In this week's newsletter: Best of season is in full swing!