TL;DR : I would not recommend doing business with this company, and will not seek their help for any further project. This was a fairly small and not overly complex project, and yet the result are below grade and unpolished.
We hire LtII to rebuild the kick-plates around our kitchen island, make sure the Island is stable and well supported and properly install a newly purchased dishwasher that was temporarily setup. Here is most of my exchange with Leng, following his team's work at my place:
(I only updated the formatting) :
"- Key result agreed upon: The legs underneath the island are solid and straight, and there is enough of them.
- Work completed: I had to mention this twice, AND get on the floor and highlight that there was only 2 legs, one being damaged, supporting one side of the island. Only then was it offered to improvise additional support with 2by4 and reinforce the footing and support. So yes it was done, but only because I insisted, it seems.
- Key result agreed upon: The dishwasher is reinstalled in line with the cabinets per the installation manual (original hardware is available) : - Work completed: This was not accomplished, as per the pictures, the Galvanized Pipe Strap is still used to maintain the dishwasher in place, the plastic siding preventing humidity to get on top of the dishwasher was not installed and the dishwasher is not in line with the cabinets. There is improvement there, but this was not achieved.
- Key result agreed upon: The new kick plates provide easy access for duct cleaning and the dishwasher water cut off valve.
- Work completed: The new Kick plate does provide an easier access to the dishwasher cut off valve, but not for duct cleaning, as just like before, I would need to take a screwdriver and disassemble the kick plate to get access. So it's not like the kick plate was built to be opened, with a tiny lock, or event magnets, it's just as it was constructed before... so partial achievement there?
- Key result agreed upon: The work is completed at the latest by Dec. 20, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
- Work completed: The deadline was respected.
Additional notes : As you can also see on the pictures, the sides of the kick plates were assembled in a way that shows raw wood. 2 of the 3 corners were quickly coloured to reduce the eye sore, have I not mentioned it, it would have been left per the picture showing the blatant raw wood everywhere... I also needed to explicitly ask for a vent to be reinstalled on the kitchen side otherwise none would have been.
So, I mean, [...] I cannot say that this is a 10/10 review."
The follow up from LtII was inconclusive, they only seemed more concerned about getting paid than willing to improve the quality of the work or adjusting their invoice based on their actual results.
The vents are not fixed in place, the metal plates are just put there over the holes and they tend to fall. the job was done quickly with no attention to details it really seems...
So that's my review, Pictures are attached, we will not do business with this company again in the future.
- Company Response
Thank you for your feedback. Our agreement consisted of us
* removing kick plates
* finding the problem with the dishwasher obstruction
* reinstalling new kick plates
* reinstalling grates
* we did additional work since the legs were broken once kick plate removed
* obstruction of dishwasher was caused by plumbing and shut offs that could not be altered unless removing the entire island or moving plumbing ( we warned that something like this might be the case and we would try our best)
* we removed money from the balance to compensate the kickplate match and colours issues
* we reinstalled the dishwasher back as far back as possible and confirmed multiple times before leaving the job
* we agree some aspects of the job could have been executed better but did say upfront we most likely won't get perfect results due to the circumstances and nature of the job.
* the kick plates can be removed easily for hvac installers to come
thanks again for your feed back