The HomeStars Best of Award was introduced in 2009 to recognize and celebrate the pros who were consistent in their work and went above and beyond the client’s expectations. These are the pros who have proven themselves to be the best in their domain. Our three crucial pillars of integrity, customer service and consistency are used as parameters against which the performance is measured. The Best of the Best award, introduced in 2022, went a step further to celebrate pros who have consistently won the Best of Award for 3 years. While our Best of Award started as a felicitation for our best-performing pros, they have, over the years, turned into a trust metric for Canadian homeowners, who are more willing to hire award-winning pros. In our survey, 75% of homeowners said they were more likely to hire a pro who had a HomeStars Best of Award.
This has been such a tremendous factor when it comes to being hired by project-ready homeowners, that previous winners have witnessed a significant success rate on their HomeStars profile. The Best of the Best Award is a much sought-after and prestigious award that adds value to your online profile, helps gain homeowner trust and also adds to the brand’s credibility and online reputation. This is a great marketing tool that helps you stand out from your competition as it’s a sign of excellence, responsiveness and consistency, which make homeowners more confident about hiring you. You can also use your social media channels, website and even your business vehicle to showcase these wins!
How To Qualify For The HomeStars Best Of The Best Award?
While the awards are designed to recognize pros who have performed extremely well year after year, you can always start with our Best of Newly Listed Award. Qualifying for the Best of the Best Award, also means that you meet the criteria for the Best of Award, which can be found here. However, here’s a complete list of criteria that should be met before 31st December 2022 in order to qualify for the Best of the Best Award 2023:
- Win the Best of Award 3 times or more consecutively: The Best of the Best Award was started to recognize the efforts of pros who have proved themselves time and again. Thus an important parameter for qualifying for the Best of the Best 2023 award, the pro must have won at least 3 Best of Awards in the previous years.
- Be a premium account holder on HomeStars: Once you have a profile on HomeStars, ensure that you upgrade your account to a premium one to be eligible for the award.
- Have an active Verified Badge: The HomeStars Verified Badge is a trust metric and is awarded to pros after background checks, soft credit checks and more. It gives homeowners the peace of mind to hire pros safely for their projects. The Verification Badge expires every three years, so make sure you complete it before 31st December 2022.
- Maintain a healthy Star Score of 85: The Star Score is yet another trust metric by HomeStars, which is dynamically calculated based on reviews by homeowners, the responsiveness of the profile and recommendations of homeowners. You can also request reviews from previous clients, to boost your Star Score.
- Have a minimum of 6 to 12 published reviews between 1st January 2022 and 31st December 2022: As a pro, there are jobs which can take months to complete while others can be completed in days or even hours. That’s why we have divided the number of reviews needed into categories, so check your category and make sure you meet the number before the end of the year. The below-mentioned categories need a minimum of 6 published reviews:
- Design/Project Management
- Elevators, Lifts and Ramps Installation and Service
- General Contractors
- Home Additions
- Renewable Energy
- Sunrooms, Solariums, and Greenhouses
- Swimming Pools, Spas, and Hot Tubs
All other categories would need 12 published reviews, collected in the calendar year between 1st January 2022 and 31st December 2022 to be eligible for the awards.
Ready to win an award and amp up your online profile? These tips and qualifying criteria will help you build a robust profile, that can qualify for the Best of the Best Award 2023! If you have any questions, reach out to your dedicated account manager!