The HomeStars’ Best Of Award (BOA) was initiated in 2009, to celebrate and acknowledge the pros who went above and beyond their customer’s expectations. It aims to applaud the pros’ efforts who have proved themselves successful on our three crucial parameters of integrity, customer service and consistency. The awards, which started as a felicitation of the pros’ efforts, soon turned into a trust metric for project-ready Canadian homeowners. As the Best of Awards are given after careful consideration and checks on the projects, background etc. of the pros, homeowners have begun to associate it with the trust they can place on these professionals. In our survey, 75% of homeowners said they were more likely to hire a pro who had a HomeStars Best of Award.
Winners of the previous years have also found that the award has added to their online visibility and aided their business promotion. This prestigious award gives homeowners the confidence and trust to hire safely for their projects. A HomeStars award is a sign of experience, excellent customer service and reliability. As an award winner, you can also showcase the win on your website, social media channels and even on your car! You can use these methods to spread the word and generate more leads for your business.
How To Qualify For The HomeStars Best Of Award?
The award is for the pros who have proven their merit and mettle over time – however, it is important to note that even newly listed pros, can be eligible for a Best Of Award, provided they meet the following criteria by the 31st of December, 2022:
- Be a premium account holder on HomeStars: Once you claim your profile on HomeStars, ensure that you upgrade your account to a premium one to be eligible for the award. If you still haven’t registered, you can get started here.
- Have an active Verified Badge: The HomeStars Verified Badge is a trust metric that is awarded to pros after a series of checks like a criminal background check, soft credit check etc. This assures the homeowners that they are hiring the best and most responsible pros for their projects. The Verification Badge has to be renewed every three years, so make sure to finish the process if you haven’t already.
- Maintain a healthy Star Score of above 85: As yet another dynamic trust metric, it is an important parameter for the awards. The Star Score is a dynamic score given to your profile based on your previous interactions with customers. When you complete jobs, the homeowner is asked to rate and review the work along with stating their satisfaction and likelihood of recommending you. All these factors and more can contribute to your Star Score and it’s a good idea to be responsive, respective towards customers and follow other best practices to boost your Star Score.
- Have a minimum of 6 to 12 reviews (depending on your category): As a pro, there may be jobs that can be done in days while others can take months – so we have divided the number of reviews required for awards eligibility based on broad work categories. For the below categories, you would need 6 approved reviews to be published by December 31st, 2022:
- Design/Project Management
- Elevators, Lifts and Ramps Installation and Service
- General Contractors
- Home Additions
- Renewable Energy
- Sunrooms, Solariums, and Greenhouses
- Swimming Pools, Spas, and Hot Tubs
All other categories will require a minimum of 12 approved and published reviews, which have to be collected in the calendar year of 2022, to be eligible for the Best of Award 2023.
Ready to build up your online business? These easy tips will help you secure the award and add to your listing’s credibility, generating more leads for your business. For any queries or additional information, you can contact your dedicated customer success manager!