WHO WE ARE:
Canadians spend over $70B annually on their homes - whether it’s major renovations, or small repairs and maintenance work. This journey often starts by finding the right contractor. HomeStars is the leading platform in Canada, helping homeowners with their home renovation needs by allowing them to search our database of companies and hundreds of thousands of reviews. Every month over half a million homeowners visit HomeStars to research and connect with the best rated home professionals near them. Home Professionals advertise on HomeStars to tell their story, and grow their business with highly qualified connections. HomeStars has recently been acquired by ANGI Homeservices Inc., the #1 marketplace in the US for helping homeowners connect with the best home service providers.
WHY JOIN US:
HomeStars is looking to continue to build a positive, winning culture and that starts with hiring great people like you! If you are looking to be work or be a part of organization with an exceptional environment, we want to hear from you!
Perks of working at HomeStars:
- We are growing fast. HomeStars is part of the ANGI Homeservices Inc. family.
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and productive team.
- Company wide social events and team building activities.
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s.
- Personal Growth. We seek to provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth.
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto.
- Rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts and foosball.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- You design world class products through a deep understanding of our customer needs and business goals, and translate those into simple, straightforward experiences that leverage a consistent design language
- You use ‘design thinking’ to get to the root of customer problems, and work side by side with Product Managers to craft a compelling ‘design system’ that translates that delivers results for our customers and business.
- You understand the goals for our business and our customers and test your designs with real customers to make sure they meet those goals, and we validate our assumptions before we actually build the designs into our product
- Build design backlog to better understand customer problems
- Conduct generative research with PMs including surveys, customer interviews and observation to develop an intimate understanding of customers’ problems and needs
- Work with PMs and Analysts to understand how customers use the product and how we can improve challenges through UX
- Be able to translate insights from our customers, business, and market trends into a compelling ‘design system’
- Run design sprints that articulate customer problems, ideate on potential solutions, and create/execute testing plans
- Create wireframes, mockups, and holistic designs
- Develop and document design patterns, and help create components that establish a consistent UX
- Actively seek feedback and critique from peers,manager, and stakeholders
- Work with developers to understand the technical implications of a design, and make adjustments or compromises that balance the user experience and the cost of the build
- Clearly document work and proactively share with stakeholders for critique
- Ensure that everyone on your team understands the customer pain points
- Actively work to understand best practices for Design
- 1-3 years UX experience working on software products
- Expert skills in Photoshop and Sketch to deliver compelling designs a must
- Not precious about your design -- open to critique + feedback from customers and stakeholders is a must
- Strong communication and story-telling skills a must
- Understanding of “Design Sprints” + Lean Methodology a plus
- User Testing & Customer Research skills a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
WANT TO JOIN?
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to join our amazing team?
Send your resume to: email@example.com