WHO WE ARE:
Canadians spend over $70B annually on their homes - whether it’s major renovations, or small repairs and maintenance work. This journey often starts by finding the right contractor. HomeStars is the leading platform in Canada, helping homeowners with their home renovation needs by allowing them to search our database of companies and hundreds of thousands of reviews. Every month over half a million homeowners visit HomeStars to research and connect with the best rated home professionals near them. Home Professionals advertise on HomeStars to tell their story, and grow their business with highly qualified connections. HomeStars has recently been acquired by ANGI Homeservices Inc., the #1 marketplace in the US for helping homeowners connect with the best home service providers.
WHY JOIN US:
HomeStars is looking to continue to build a positive, winning culture and that starts with hiring great people like you! If you are looking to be work or be a part of organization with an exceptional environment, we want to hear from you!
Perks of working at HomeStars:
- We are growing fast. HomeStars is part of the ANGI Homeservices Inc. family.
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and productive team.
- Company wide social events and team building activities.
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s.
- Personal Growth. We seek to provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth.
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto.
- Rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts and foosball.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- You enable our Product team to measure the impact of what we ship, and uncover actionable insights from our data to help product teams deliver even better product in the future.
- You work hand-in-hand with Product Managers through planning, execution and delivery of new features to develop a set engagement KPIs that help us understand what was successful, and what can still be improved.
- You work closely with developers to make sure we’re collecting and storing the information that will let us track and measure those KPIs, and you leverage data analysis tools -- Looker, Tableau, - Periscope -- to develop dashboards that effectively tell the story of our data.
- With your help, Homestars’ business and customers will use data to drive better decisions.
- Understand what drives our SaaS business, and clearly illustrate how customer behaviours affect the business -- from conversion all the way to churn
- Have a well defined, and prioritized “data backlog/roadmap” that is proactively updated and communicated to the organization for visibility, feedback, and alignment
- Work with Product Managers and Developers to prioritize business needs and goals.
- Focus on the highest priority questions, and create data visualizations and dashboards that simply and effectively tell the story of our data
- Make recommendations based on the insights you uncover – from new features to UX changes, etc.
- Help coach developers, product managers, data analysts, etc. about the KPIs that drive our business so everyone in the org is focused on interesting ways to have impact
- Distribute your knowledge and expertise throughout the organization to help Homestars make more data-driven decisions.
- Gather and understand the goals of our teams and business in order to prioritize your efforts
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting frameworks (Looker, Tableau, and Periscope), databases (SQL etc), programming (Python, R, etc).
- Define & build complex SQL queries from multiple data sources for new products & features .
- Can do basic scripting to transform data into the format you need
- Design experiments (e.g. A/B tests), instrumentation & data plans that allow us to make decisions founded in statistics
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets.
- Adept at communication, report writing and presenting findings.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or relevant experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
WANT TO JOIN?
Email your resume to email@example.com
Do you want to join our amazing team?
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org