WHO WE ARE:
Homeowners invest their time, money and dreams to create the perfect space to call home. Founded in 2006 by Nancy Peterson, HomeStars is Canada’s #1 marketplace dedicated to helping homeowners research, connect with, and hire the best and most reliable home service pros.
Our proprietary algorithm connects hundreds of thousands of homeowners each year with the right pro for the job. Our review-based platform is the online alternative to traditional word-of- mouth, enabling our network of 60K+ pros to showcase their business for growth.
Speaking of growth, we’re expanding our team, and we need your help!
WHY JOIN US:
HomeStars is looking to continue to build a positive, winning culture and that starts with hiring great people like you! If you are looking to be part of something great, work on a dynamic and growing team, we want to hear from you.
Perks of working at HomeStars:
- We are growing fast. HomeStars is part of the ANGI Homeservices Inc. family which is public and includes top home service brands like Home Advisor and Angie’s List.
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and productive team.
- Company wide social events and team building activities.
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s.
- Personal Growth. We seek to provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth.
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto.
- Rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts and foosball.
THINGS YOU MAY BE WORKING ON IN YOUR FIRST FEW MONTHS:
-Participating in design charrettes and reviews for new product features.
-Writing client-side code for our Homeowner and Service Pro dashboards.
-Build API endpoints for our front end and mobile clients.
-Build location, authentication, and search services.
-Ensure our services scale reliably as we continue to grow
-You have curiosity about how things work.
-You learn quickly and make steady progress
-You communicate effectively with people from different disciplines, like Product and Design
-You have experience with an MVC framework (Ruby on Rails is preferred).
-You can explain REST APIs in plain language.
-You have experience with RDBMSs like MySQL and PostgreSQL.
-You have experience with ES6
-You are aware of industry trends impacting our infrastructure and our build system, including ansible, circleci, npm, vagrant and git
-You are excited about sharing knowledge with coworkers.
-You have a keen eye for application performance and code quality.
-You have experience with functional MiniTest, RSpec, Jest, Enzyme or similar test frameworks.
-You enjoy collaborating on technical projects and planning before executing.
NICE TO HAVE:
-Experience with the JSON API Specifications
-Experience with Ansible and Docker
-Experience with web sockets
-Full stack experience with Ruby on Rails, NodeJS or React
-Learns and proposes new experiments to help their team collaborate more effectively
-Be able to own the technical testing and performance plan for their projects
ABOUT OUR STACK:
-Ruby on Rails, React
-Amazon Web Services, CircleCI, EC2, Elasticsearch, Amazon Aurora MySQL, Sidekiq, RabbitMQ
Our Engineering Values:
- Seek to Understand and Be Understood
- Make User Driven, Data Informed Decisions - Think Big, Ship Small, to Maximize Learning
- Champion Belonging and Wellness for Everyone - Take Responsibility to Build Sustainably
- Commit to Continuous Learning
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
WANT TO JOIN?
Email your resume to email@example.com
Do you want to join our amazing team?
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org