WHO WE ARE
Canadians spend over $70B annually on their homes - whether it’s major renovations, or small repairs and maintenance work. This journey often starts by finding the right contractor. HomeStars is the leading platform in Canada, helping homeowners with their home renovation needs. Every month over half a million homeowners visit HomeStars to research and connect with the best rated home professionals near them. Home Professionals advertise on HomeStars to tell their story, and grow their business with highly qualified connections. HomeStars is part of ANGI Homeservices, the World’s Home Improvement Leader.
WHY JOIN US
HomeStars is looking to continue to build a positive, winning culture and that starts with hiring great people like you! If you are looking to be part of something great, work on a dynamic and growing team, we want to hear from you.
Perks of working at HomeStars:
- We are growing fast. HomeStars has made the Profit 500 list five years running!
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and happy team.
- Annual two-day, company wide off-site.
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s.
- Personal Growth. We seek to provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth.
- Ping Pong Table, darts and yes foosball. De-Stress and make money in one space.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to Product Development, you will be the first QA hire for HomeStars, helping to set the standard for high quality practices and supporting our applications.
- Front End: ReactJS with Redux-Sagas, Babel, Browserify, Scss
- Backend: Ruby on Rails, NodeJs
- Database: MySQL
What you’ll be doing:
- Establishing Quality Assurance processes within the existing development workflow
- Ensuring high quality releases and pre and post release monitoring
- Building out a test case management process
- Implementing and maintaining automated testing framework
- Minimum of 2 years in Quality Assurance
- At least 1 year experience working within an Agile Environment
- Strong understanding and practice in testing methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to pick up new technologies quickly
You should be able to:
- Identify needs and problems and proactively drive to solutions
- Work collaboratively with a variety of individuals and teams
- Work autonomously
It would be great if you have:
Experience writing and maintaining automated tests
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Do you want to join our amazing team?
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org