WHO WE ARE:
Canadians spend over $70B annually on their homes - whether it’s major renovations, or small repairs and maintenance work. This journey often starts by finding the right contractor. HomeStars is the leading platform in Canada, helping homeowners with their home renovation needs. Every month over half a million homeowners visit HomeStars to research and connect with the best rated home professionals near them. Home Professionals advertise on HomeStars to tell their story, and grow their business with highly qualified connections. HomeStars is part of ANGI Homeservices, the World’s Home Improvement Leader.
WHY JOIN US:
HomeStars is looking to continue to build a positive, winning culture and that starts with hiring great people like you! If you are looking to be part of something great, work on a dynamic and growing team, we want to hear from you.
Perks of working at HomeStars:
- We are growing fast. HomeStars has made the Profit 500 list five years running!
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and happy team.
- Annual two-day, company wide off-site.
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s.
- Personal Growth. We seek to provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth.
- Ping Pong Table, darts and yes foosball. De-Stress and make money in one space.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the CTO, you will be in charge of managing front-end resources for HomeStars, selecting technologies for new features, and supporting the front-end team in planning and execution of new features.
- Front End: ReactJS with Redux-Sagas, Babel, Browserify, Scss
- Backend: Ruby on Rails, NodeJs
- Database: MySQL
What you’ll be doing:
- Participate in planning, estimating and monitoring web development activities
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain code
- Provide expert opinion on best practices for the front end, improve development processes,
- CI, tools and automation
- You have: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- 4+ years development experience In-depth knowledge of design patterns and industry best practices
- Strong knowledge of ES6, HTML5, and CSS3.
- Strong knowledge of React and Redux (or equivalent)
- Strong familiarity with client/server integration (REST, WebSockets)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing/leading teams
- Experience with Test Driven Development (Jest, Enzyme)
- An eye for design and UX
YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO
- Identify needs and problems and proactively drive to solutions
- Work collaboratively with a variety of individuals and teams including design
- Work autonomously
- Write great documentation
- Foster a culture of exploration and growth in the team
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or other REST frameworks
- Experience with Debian or other distro
- Experience with Webpack, Browserify, Babel and Node
- Experience with Git
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Do you want to join our amazing team?
Send your resume to: [email protected]