WHO WE ARE:
Canadians spend over $70B annually on their homes - whether it’s major renovations, or small repairs and maintenance work. This journey often starts by finding the right contractor. HomeStars is the leading platform in Canada, helping homeowners with their home renovation needs. Every month over half a million homeowners visit HomeStars to research and connect with the best rated home professionals near them. Home Professionals advertise on HomeStars to tell their story, and grow their business with highly qualified connections. HomeStars has recently been acquired by HomeAdvisor, the #1 marketplace in the US for helping homeowners connect with the best home service providers.
WHY JOIN US:
HomeStars is looking to continue to build a positive, winning culture and that starts with hiring great people like you! If you are looking to be part of something great, work on a dynamic and growing team, we want to hear from you!
Perks of working at HomeStars:
- We are growing fast. HomeStars has made the Profit 500 list three years running!
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and happy team.
- Annual four-day, company wide off-site.
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s.
- Personal Growth. We seek to provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth.
- Ping Pong Table, darts, and yes, foosball. De-stress and make money in one space.
- Cooperatively work with your peers to come up with the best designs and solutions for implementing features, enhancements and improvement for our applications.
- Assist in the estimation of effort to implement new features and enhancements.
- Contribute to the improvement of scalability, maintainability and efficiency of our applications by identifying concerns and suggesting improvements.
- Participate in functional testing for all our applications.
- Evaluate new development tools, languages, technologies, and methodologies as they apply to solving business problems.
- Develop digital interfaces following coding standards and best practices.
- Work within the context of established web development processes.
- Use of strict source control to manage code base.
- Document code.
- Experience with mobile interface development.
- Research and resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Contribute to the continually evolving HomeStars technology road map.
- Have a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience as a software developer building amazing web and mobile web experiences.
- Experience with Webpack, Browserify, Node, etc. a plus.
- Familiar with software development concepts and practices such as: agile/scrum, object-oriented programming, functional programming, test driven development, software design patterns, web services, and distributed architectures.
- Team player who loves to share knowledge.
- Self starter who likes to solve problems.
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills, with very high attention to detail.
- Excited by software development so much that you spend your weekends learning the next new thing.
WANT TO JOIN?
Email your resume to [email protected]
Do you want to join our amazing team?
Send your resume to: [email protected]