WHO WE ARE:
Homeowners invest their time, money and dreams to create the perfect space to call home. Founded in 2006 by Nancy Peterson, HomeStars is Canada’s #1 marketplace dedicated to helping homeowners research, connect with, and hire the best and most reliable home service pros.
Our proprietary algorithm connects hundreds of thousands of homeowners each year with the right pro for the job. Our review-based platform is the online alternative to traditional word-of- mouth, enabling our network of 60K+ pros to showcase their business for growth.
Speaking of growth, we’re expanding our team, and we need your help!
WHY JOIN US:
HomeStars is looking to continue to build a positive, winning culture and that starts with hiring great people like you! If you are looking to be part of something great, work on a dynamic and growing team, we want to hear from you.
PERKS OF WORKING AT HOMESTARS:
- We are growing fast. HomeStars is part of the ANGI Homeservices Inc. family which is public and includes top home service brands like Home Advisor and Angie’s List.
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and productive team.
- Company wide social events and team building activities.
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s.
- Personal Growth. We seek to provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth.
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto.
- Rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts and foosball.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
HomeStars is looking for an Exploratory Tester who has a passion for customer focused web and mobile applications. The ideal candidate is an analytical thinker who likes to deep dive into the product to find bugs and discover the best ways to fix them. You enjoy looking into complex software, and working collaboratively and closely with other team members to come up with the best solutions for the end user.
- You are interested in exploring and understanding data
- You are an advocate for quality and have a passion for digging deep to find bugs
- You get excited about testing and improving processes You anticipate problems with planned implementations
- You enjoy working collaboratively with other team members
- You enjoy solving problems in a creative environment
-Able to assess designs for risky areas, test-ability and anything that is missing
- Define test strategies and scenarios to improve our product and build appropriate coverage
- Improve test setup and streamline the process
- Communicate your testing status to the rest of the team
- Work collaboratively as part of a cross functional team to help build quality into our products
- Drive test sessions and interpret the results
- Experience with testing SaaS/Cloud/Web Based apps in various browsers
- Competency with basic SQL queries
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
WANT TO JOIN?
Email your resume to email@example.com
Do you want to join our amazing team?
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org