WHO WE ARE:
Homeowners invest their time, money and dreams to create the perfect space to call home. Founded in 2006 by Nancy Peterson, HomeStars is Canada’s #1 marketplace dedicated to helping homeowners research, connect with, and hire the best and most reliable home service pros.
Our proprietary algorithm connects hundreds of thousands of homeowners each year with the right pro for the job. Our review-based platform is the online alternative to traditional word-of- mouth, enabling our network of 60K+ pros to showcase their business for growth.
Speaking of growth, we’re expanding our team, and we need your help!
WHY JOIN US:
HomeStars is looking to continue to build a positive, winning culture and that starts with hiring great people like you! If you are looking to be part of something great, work on a dynamic and growing team, we want to hear from you.
Perks of working at HomeStars:
- We are growing fast. HomeStars is part of the ANGI Homeservices Inc. family which is public and includes top home service brands like Home Advisor and Angie’s List.
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and productive team.
- Company-wide social events and team-building activities.
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s.
- Personal Growth. We seek to provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth.
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto.
- Rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts, and foosball.
- You are an analytical thinker that can easily communicate and build relationships cross-functionally
- You strategize at a high level and execute on the details with strong analytical skills
- You are a creative problem solver
- You love numbers and can explain complex analyses to the non-technical
- You start all your analyses with the question WHY
- Be a key contributor to HomeStars Analytics Strategy which is centered on enabling self serve analytics across the company
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments and stakeholders on data-driven initiatives
- Identify business trends utilizing various data sources, design user-centric reports and provide high-level summaries and recommendations
- Communicate results to key stakeholders with recommendations while considering risks and predicting potential problems
- Collaborate with data stewards across the company to maintain a data dictionary, report automation workflows, and reporting standards
- 1-2 years of experience in a highly analytical or quantitative function, preferably in a SaaS business would be an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or Business
-Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail; the ability to identify multiple sources/approaches of information to ensure that details are addressed
- Expertise and extensive hands-on experience with SQL, R or Python
- Experience with various data sources and visualization tools (Tableau, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Salesforce)
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously; ability to establish priorities
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
WANT TO JOIN?
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to join our amazing team?
Send your resume to: email@example.com