WHO WE ARE:
Homeowners invest their time, money and dreams to create the perfect space to call home. Founded in 2006 by Nancy Peterson, HomeStars is Canada’s #1 marketplace dedicated to helping homeowners research, connect with, and hire the best and most reliable home service pros.
Our proprietary algorithm connects hundreds of thousands of homeowners each year with the right pro for the job. Our review-based platform is the online alternative to traditional word-of-mouth, enabling our network of 60K+ pros to showcase their business for growth.
Speaking of growth, we’re expanding our team, and we need your help!
WHY JOIN US:
HomeStars is looking to continue to build a positive, winning culture and that starts with hiring great people like you! If you are looking to be part of something great, work on a dynamic and growing team, we want to hear from you.
Perks of working at HomeStars:
- We are growing fast. HomeStars is part of the ANGI Homeservices Inc. family.
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and productive team.
- Company wide social events and team building activities.
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s.
- Personal Growth. We seek to provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth.
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto.
- Rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts and foosball.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Are you a customer-driven PM with a growth mindset?
Want to have an impact on millions of homeowners who visit HomeStars each year to find the perfect service professional for their next home project?
Have ideas about how to reach homeowners looking for a service pro, but aren’t sure where to start?
Then this role may be for you:
HomeStars is looking for a Sr. Product Manager to lead our team focused on reimagining the homeowner experience on HomeStars. From driving top of funnel conversion through experiments in market, to repeat usage with simple and delightful user experiences that make it easy for homeowners across Canada to confidently tackle their next home improvement projects -- you’ll lead the team of developers, designers and data analysts who live this mission every day.
Bringing together the voice of our customer with that of our business you’ll create compelling products that solve real problems for our customers -- from planning all the way through to execution.
You deliver world class products and business results through influence and delegation -- you know intimately why a new feature or improvement is important to our business and customers, set a compelling vision for that product, own the KPIs that measure its success, and do everything in your power to deliver on those measures.
Work with business leaders to understand the key drivers of our business, and focus your team’s efforts on what matters
Work hand in hand with designers to conduct generative research -- from surveys, to customer interviews, to observation -- to develop an intimate understanding of our customers’ problems and needs that we can solve with product
- Translate the vision for your feature or mandate into a well planned and sequenced backlog that enables us to get product into the hands of customers quickly to test and measure our assumptions
- Work with Product Data Analysts to develop a plan that outlines what success looks like, and how you’re going to measure against that -- you’re accountable for the results
- Actively seek feedback and critique from your peers and manager -- this is a team, not a solo effort
- Take the time to clearly document your work and proactively share this with your stakeholders for critique -- our work isn’t precious and it should be easy to understand our rationale
- Develop strong relationships with counterparts in marketing, sales/CS and finance that leverage their insights to develop a complete customer experience and align priorities -- we aren’t “build it and they will come” PMs
- 2+ years as a Product Manager at a software company
- Be able to translate insights from our customers, business, and market trends into a compelling product roadmap that moves the needle for our business
- Work with Product Data Analysts to develop a plan that outlines what success looks like, and how you’re going to measure against that
- Experience running meaningful experiments and multivariate tests with clear success criteria to quickly make go/no-go decisions
- Run design sprints with your designer that clearly articulate the customer problem you’re attempting to solve, ideate on potential solutions, and gets a focused solution in front of users to test your assumptions
- Able to communicate the “why” of our product goals, and motivate your team to deliver products early and often to maximize the impact.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work across departments to develop holistic go to market approaches for your product. You aren’t a “build it and they will come” PM.
- Actively work to understand best practices for PMs and champion these across our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
WANT TO JOIN US?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to join our amazing team?
Send your resume to: email@example.com