WHO WE ARE:
The home improvement industry in Canada is worth ~80 billion dollars. Homeowners are choosing to stay in their homes and improve them vs. move -- and with ~400,000 home service pros, the industry is thriving!
HomeStars is Canada’s #1 marketplace dedicated to helping homeowners research, connect with, and hire the best and most reliable home service pros. We know that homeowners invest their time, money and dreams to create the perfect space to call home. And we’re here to help.
Our proprietary algorithm connects hundreds of thousands of homeowners each year with the right pro for their job. Our review-based platform is the online alternative to traditional word-of-mouth, empowering homeowners to hire with confidence and at the same time, enabling our network of 200K+ pros to showcase their business for growth.
Speaking of growth, we’re continuing to grow, so we’re expanding our team, and we need your help!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The successful candidate will join our customer onboarding team that is responsible for engaging our homeowners and ensuring that they have a delightful experience using our platform to kick off their home improvement projects (whether it is a kitchen reno, new deck or leaky sink).
Seeing as our mission is to support homeowners in their home improvement projects, our platform is free for them. This means, you will help them use our site for their existing needs, you will not sell them anything. You will reach out to homeowners that want to use our site and help them get started.
- Make outbound calls to homeowners that use our site to collect new/repeat project requests and assist them in leaving reviews for their pros
- Use sales tactics to inspire homeowners to submit new service requests to meet targets
- Use trade knowledge to recommend projects to Homeowners
- Take inbound customer service requests; file accurate technical support tickets
- Be the champion for our homeowners. Support them with their project needs or when issues arise by troubleshooting technical issues, and working with marketing to build out our knowledge center to improve their experiences
- Proactively document and share learnings on Homeowner behavior, site interactions, pain points, and other findings with leadership, marketing and product teams
- Participate in meetings and ongoing training sessions
- Provide the highest level of customer service to every caller
- Be the face and voice of HomeStars - be our brand champion!
- 1-2 years of experience in a customer service role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, proactive and go-getter attitude!
- You thrive in a high performance environment!
- Tech savvy and a quick learner (experience with SalesForce CRM would be great!)
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- Comfortable with data entry to log accurate customer accounts
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
WHY JOIN US:
Our amazing team is building Canada’s largest home service marketplace and we’re looking for stars to join our journey! If you are looking to be a part of an industry-leading tech company with a great culture, we want to hear from you!
Perks of working at HomeStars:
- We are growing fast. HomeStars is part of the ANGI Homeservices Inc. family which is public and includes top home service brands like Home Advisor and Angie’s List
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and productive team
- Company wide social events and team building activities
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s
- Personal Growth. We’ll partner up to foster your career growth
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto
- Rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts and foosball
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Do you want to join our amazing team?
Send your resume to: email@example.com