WHO WE ARE:
Homeowners invest their time, money and dreams to create the perfect space to call home. Founded in 2006 by Nancy Peterson, HomeStars is Canada’s #1 marketplace dedicated to helping homeowners research, connect with, and hire the best and most reliable home service pros.
Our proprietary algorithm connects hundreds of thousands of homeowners each year with the right pro for the job. Our review-based platform is the online alternative to traditional word-of-mouth, enabling our network of 60K+ pros to showcase their business for growth.
Speaking of growth, we’re expanding our team, and we need your help!
WHY JOIN US:
HomeStars is looking to continue to build a positive, winning culture and that starts with hiring great people like you! If you are looking to work or be a part of an organization with an exceptional environment, we want to hear from you!
Perks of working at HomeStars:
- We are growing fast. HomeStars is part of the ANGI Homeservices Inc. family
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and productive team
- Company wide social events and team building activities
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s
- Personal Growth. We seek to provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto
What we are looking for…
- Someone who is good at enabling teams
- Responsible for the reliability, security, scalability and all aspects of the site
- Experience with AWS, infrastructure, and automation
- Someone with the ability to build reusable tools that other teams leverage to manage their systems
- Be able to work collaboratively with the product team to scope functionality for current and future products
- Ability to develop and deploy automation tools to manage a growing number of services
- Be able to identify potential issues in system performance and implement solutions
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems
ABOUT OUR STACK:
- Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, React
- Amazon Web Services, CircleCI, EC2, Elasticsearch, Amazon Aurora MySQL, Sidekiq, RabbitMQ
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with the JSON API Specifications
- Experience with web sockets
- Full stack experience with Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, Python Flask, or React
Our Engineering Values:
- Seek to Understand and Be Understood
- Make User Driven, Data Informed Decisions - Think Big, Ship Small, to Maximize Learning
- Champion Belonging and Wellness for Everyone - Take Responsibility to Build Sustainably
- Commit to Continuous Learning
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Do you want to join our amazing team?
Send your resume to: email@example.com