WHO WE ARE:
Homeowners invest their time, money and dreams to create the perfect space to call home. Founded in 2006 by Nancy Peterson, HomeStars is Canada’s #1 marketplace dedicated to helping homeowners research, connect with, and hire the best and most reliable home service pros.
Our proprietary algorithm connects hundreds of thousands of homeowners each year with the right pro for the job. Our review-based platform is the online alternative to traditional word-of- mouth, enabling our network of 60K+ pros to showcase their business for growth.
Speaking of growth, we’re expanding our team, and we need your help!
WHY JOIN US:
Our amazing team is building Canada’s largest home service marketplace and we’re looking for stars to join our journey! If you are looking to be a part of an industry-leading tech company with a great culture, we want to hear from you!
Perks of working at HomeStars:
- We are growing fast. HomeStars is part of the ANGI Homeservices Inc. family which is public and includes top global home service brands like Home Advisor and Angie’s List.
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and productive team.
- Company wide social events and team building activities.
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s.
- Personal Growth. We seek to provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth.
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto.
- Rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts and foosball.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re looking for a Marketing Designer to join our growing marketing team. You’ll be responsible for designing inspirational projects and campaigns that will strengthen our brand and help the users on our two-sided marketplace to succeed and thrive. Your creations will reach over 2 million Canadians that use our site every year.
The Marketing Designer will:
- Create and execute design concepts for all marketing materials, including beautiful landing pages, interactive sales collateral, eye-catching email templates, infographics, webinars and microsites.
- Deliver creations that are on brand, elevate our style, and reflect our tone and standards.
- Create effective and engaging email marketing templates.
- Create of banner ads for internal and external sites as needed.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role with advanced graphic design skills.
- A superstar that is passionate about the brand experience, can incorporate the latest design trends, and find innovative and effective ways to tell stories visually.
- Thorough understanding of web design and production.
- Understanding of user experience, SEO, and responsive web design.
- An outside-the-box, conceptual thinker with a deep understanding of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience in a tech environment, designing for online experiences.
- Artistically talented with strong attention to detail when creating beautiful functional designs.
- Ability to handle a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines.
- Can provide accurate time estimates for project completion and deliver on time.
- An excellent communicator, capable of collaborating with team members to deliver stunning results.
- Curiosity, eagerness to grow, and a drive to succeed.
- Someone who appreciates and accepts constructive feedback as a growth and learning opportunity.
The nice-to-haves (...not a deal-breaker!):
- Ability to write HTML, HTML 5 and CSS on a designer level (big advantage)
- Completion of a university degree in graphic design or equivalent
- Experience collaborating with a cross-functional team including engineering/product/sales.
Note: This is a full-time position based in our Toronto office - no freelancers will be accepted.
Please include a clickable link to your online portfolio with your resume.
WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to join our amazing team?
Send your resume to: email@example.com