WHO WE ARE:
Homeowners invest their time, money and dreams to create the perfect space to call home. Founded in 2006 by Nancy Peterson, HomeStars is Canada’s #1 marketplace dedicated to helping homeowners research, connect with, and hire the best and most reliable home service pros.
Our proprietary algorithm connects hundreds of thousands of homeowners each year with the right pro for the job. Our review-based platform is the online alternative to traditional word-of- mouth, enabling our network of 60K+ pros to showcase their business for growth.
Speaking of growth, we’re expanding our team, and we need your help!
WHY JOIN US:
Our amazing team is building Canada’s largest home service marketplace and we’re looking for stars to join our journey! If you are looking to be a part of an industry-leading tech company with a great culture, we want to hear from you!
Perks of working at HomeStars:
- We are growing fast. HomeStars is part of the ANGI Homeservices Inc. family which is public and includes top home service brands like Home Advisor and Angie’s List
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and productive team
- Company wide social events and team building activities
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s
- Personal Growth. We seek to provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto
- Rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts and foosball
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re looking for a Social Media Coordinator to join our growing marketing team. You’ll be responsible for growing and optimizing all social media channels and social communication campaigns across all social media platforms.
The Social Media Coordinator will:
- Build and deploy social media communication campaigns to drive business goals.
- Lead the operations of our social channels: Answer questions from followers, schedule social posts, manage content calendars, and report on campaign performance.
- Monitor social media trends, competitors, discover new ways to engage and grow our audience and bring those to the team to evaluate.
- Align communication and social media campaigns with the marketing strategy.
- Collaborate with design on social content.
- Build positive emotional connections with homeowners.
- Document and share HomeStars stories.
- Build our 2 way relationships on social, engage in conversations and listen to homeowners.
- Report on social KPI’s and forecast future results.
What we’re looking for:
- Planned and executed social media and communication campaigns
- Passionate about creating social communities
- Deep understanding of social platforms, best practice, and content management software
- Experience on executing and reporting on paid and unpaid campaigns
- Inventive and resourceful
- Very organized as well as focused on the priorities
- Experience with creating a social strategy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and social media management software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The nice-to-haves (...not a deal-breaker!):
- Completion of a University Degree in Marketing or an equivalent program
- Experience in a tech environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Do you want to join our amazing team?
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org