WHO WE ARE:
Homeowners invest their time, money and dreams to create the perfect space to call home. Founded in 2006 by Nancy Peterson, HomeStars is Canada’s #1 marketplace dedicated to helping homeowners research, connect with, and hire the best and most reliable home service pros.
Our proprietary algorithm connects hundreds of thousands of homeowners each year with the right pro for the job. Our review-based platform is the online alternative to traditional word-of-mouth, enabling our network of 60K+ pros to showcase their business for growth.
Speaking of growth, we’re expanding our team, and we need your help!
WHY JOIN US:
HomeStars is looking to continue to build a positive, winning culture and that starts with hiring great people like you! If you are looking to be part of something great, work on a dynamic and growing team, we want to hear from you.
Perks of working at HomeStars:
- We are growing fast. HomeStars has made the Profit 500 list five years running!
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and happy team
- Company wide social events and team building activities
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s
- Personal Growth. We seek to provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto
- Ping Pong Table, darts and foosball
HomeStars is investing in a mobile first growth strategy. We have a highly successful App for business that’s been in market for three years and has over 65% adoption (monthly engaged users) among our paid service professionals, and growing. If you enjoy working with a small, highly agile team and on big initiatives that will transform an industry that has historically behind the curve on technology, this is an exciting role with lots of challenge.
This role will have the ability to work on apps for Android and iOS with lots of opportunity to learn new things.
- Work with a small team and be able to have an influence on app related decision making.
- Work in a highly technical and fast-paced environment.
- 1-2 years of experience with Android Studio, Java and/or Kotlin.
- 3+ years of experience with XML or JSON
- Must have done RESTful API integration
- Experience with MVVM architecture design or similar.
- Must be effective and creative in problem solving
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
NICE TO HAVE:
iOS development in Swift and/or Objective-C
- Command line/bash
- Experience reading api documentation
- Experience in app/web design with an eye for creating pixel perfect UIs
- Able to troubleshoot problems, replicating issues from bug reports
- Experience with unit testing and software design patterns
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Do you want to join our amazing team?
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org