WHO WE ARE:
Homeowners invest their time, money and dreams to create the perfect space to call home. Founded in 2006 by Nancy Peterson, HomeStars is Canada’s #1 marketplace dedicated to helping homeowners research, connect with, and hire the best and most reliable home service pros.
Our proprietary algorithm connects hundreds of thousands of homeowners each year with the right pro for the job. Our review-based platform is the online alternative to traditional word-of-mouth, enabling our network of 60K+ pros to showcase their business for growth.
Speaking of growth, we’re expanding our team, and we need your help!
WHY JOIN US:
HomeStars is looking to continue to build a positive, winning culture and that starts with hiring great people like you! If you are looking to be part of something great, work on a dynamic and growing team, we want to hear from you.
Perks of working at HomeStars:
- We are growing fast. HomeStars has made the Profit 500 list five years running!
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and happy team.
- Various Social Events.
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s.
- Personal Growth. We seek to provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth.
- Ping Pong Table, darts and yes foosball. De-Stress and make money in one space.
- You are an analytical thinker that can easily communicate and build relationships cross-functionally
- You strategize at a high level and execute on the details with strong analytic skills
- You are a creative problem solver
- You love numbers and can explain complex analyses to the non-technical
- You start all your analyses with the question WHY
- Be a key contributor to HomeStars Analytics Strategy which includes data cleansing, report automation, and other data governance activities
- Collaborate with data stewards across the company to create and maintain a data dictionary, report automation workflows, and reporting standards
- Produce financial analyses and provide business insight on business performance
- Conduct regular pricing audit & analysis to ensure maximum revenue recognition
- Identify business trends utilizing real data, compile reports, and provide high-level summaries
- Communicate results to key stakeholders with recommendations while considering risks and predicting potential problems
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, and capital expenditures
- Assist with managing the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Plan and monitor business cases
- Suggest ways to improve business practices and efficiencies
- Perform special projects and duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of experience in a highly analytical or quantitative function, preferably in a SaaS business, financial institution or insurance company would be an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or Business
- Expertise and extensive hands-on experience with SQL and Excel to extract and manipulate data
- Experience with various analytics and visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Salesforce)
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Team-oriented: works well with other team members and keeps all relevant individuals, including Management, updated on useful information in a timely manner
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously; ability to establish priorities
- Strong attention to detail; the ability to identify multiple sources/approaches of information to ensure that details are addressed
- Information gathering and processing; effectively extracts, synthesizes and interprets data from multiple sources
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
NICE TO HAVE
- Expertise and hands-on experience with R
- Experience cleaning data and automating reports
- Familiarity with key financial metrics
WANT TO JOIN US?
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Do you want to join our amazing team?
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org