WHO WE ARE:
Homeowners invest their time, money and dreams to create the perfect space to call home. Founded in 2006 by Nancy Peterson, HomeStars is Canada’s #1 marketplace dedicated to helping homeowners research, connect with, and hire the best and most reliable home service pros.
Our proprietary algorithm connects hundreds of thousands of homeowners each year with the right pro for the job. Our review-based platform is the online alternative to traditional word-of-mouth, enabling our network of 60K+ pros to showcase their business for growth.
Speaking of growth, we’re expanding our team, and we need your help!
WHY JOIN US:
HomeStars is looking to continue to build a positive, winning culture and that starts with hiring great people like you! If you are looking to be part of something great, work on a dynamic and growing team, we want to hear from you.
Perks of working at HomeStars:
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and productive team
- Company wide social events and team building activities
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s
- Personal Growth. We seek to provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto
- Rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts and foosball
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- You bring together the voice of our customer with that of our business and market to create compelling products that solve real problems for our customers -- from planning all the way through to execution.
- You deliver world class products and business results through influence and delegation -- you know intimately why a new feature or improvement is important to our business and customers, set a compelling vision for that product, own the KPIs that measure its success, and do everything in your power to deliver on those measures.
- Work with business leaders and marketing/sales experts to understand the key drivers of our business
- Work hand in hand with designers to conduct generative research to develop an intimate understanding of our customers’ problems and needs
- Leverage the wealth of existing customer data at Homestars to understand how customers use the product and identify opportunities for product investment
- Translate the vision for your feature or mandate into a well planned and sequenced backlog that enables us to get product into the hands of customers quickly
- Run design sprints that clearly articulate the customer problem, ideate on potential solutions, and gets a focused solution in front of users to test your assumptions
- Actively plan, groom, and prune your backlog to make sure your team is focused on the highest value work, and develop accurate estimates of when your product will be delivered
- Develop strong relationships with counterparts that leverage their insights to develop a complete customer experience and align priorities, and actively seek feedback and critique from your peers and manager
- Constantly communicate product goals and timelines to product teams and the rest of the organization and deliver on those deadlines
- 2+ years as a Product Manager at a software company
- Superior communication skills
- Be able to translate insights from our customers, business, and market trends into a compelling product roadmap that moves the needle for our business
- Work with Product Data Analysts to develop a plan that outlines what success looks like, and how you’re going to measure against that
- Clearly document your work and proactively share this with your stakeholders for critique
- Actively work to understand best practices for PMs
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
WANT TO JOIN?
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to join our amazing team?
Send your resume to: email@example.com