WHO WE ARE:
Canadians spend over $70B annually on their homes - whether it’s major renovations, or small repairs and maintenance work. This journey often starts by finding the right contractor. HomeStars is the leading platform in Canada, helping homeowners with their home renovation needs by allowing them to search our database of companies and hundreds of thousands of reviews. Every month over half a million homeowners visit HomeStars to research and connect with the best rated home professionals near them. Home Professionals advertise on HomeStars to tell their story, and grow their business with highly qualified connections. HomeStars has recently been acquired by ANGI Homeservices Inc., the #1 marketplace in the US for helping homeowners connect with the best home service providers.
WHY JOIN US:
HomeStars is looking to continue to build a positive, winning culture and that starts with hiring great people like you! If you are looking to be work or be a part of organization with an exceptional environment, we want to hear from you!
Perks of working at HomeStars:
- We are growing fast. HomeStars is part of the ANGI Homeservices Inc. family.
- Excellent Benefits Package. We want a healthy and productive team.
- RRSP/DPSP Matching Program
- Company wide social events and team building activities.
- December Break. The office is closed the week before New Year’s.
- Personal Growth. We seek to provide employees with constructive feedback to foster their career growth.
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of the entertainment district in Toronto.
- Rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts and foosball.
- Champion for continuous improvement initiatives to enable finance culture of seeking to provide superior financial support to stakeholders
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for departmental processes and procedures
- Audit revenue data for accuracy, validating and updating the system to reflect business activity where required
- Ensure billing & settlements data for each billing/pay cycle is complete
- Assist in the preparation of variable compensation reports and analyses to ensure accurate payments to employees
- Work closely with management to address payroll and customer billing issues
- Administer and oversee group benefits
- Prepare reports and analyses on various business key performance indicators
- Support the operational budget process, including working collaboratively with teams, in cross-functional fiscal planning
- Perform regular quality assurance of work across all financial functions
- Report paperwork and booking entry discrepancies
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders for resolution of discrepancies and issues
- Prepare ad hoc reports for internal and external stakeholders, leveraging large amounts of data where required
- University undergraduate degree in finance/economics/accounting or commerce
- 3-5 years of experience in financial reporting or financial controls & analysis will be an asset
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial reporting
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, clear and concise communication
- Excellent problem solving capabilities including the ability to navigate ambiguous situations independently and build efficient and practical solutions
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously; ability to establish priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite (navigate & create complex formulas, ability to manage large sets of data and to create efficiencies in the performance of daily responsibilities or the improvement in the presentation of reported data)
- Team-oriented: works well with, and can lead, other team members and keeps all relevant individuals, including Management, updated on useful information in a timely manner
- Independent thinker and takes initiative to capitalize on opportunities or minimize problems
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
WANT TO JOIN?
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Do you want to join our amazing team?
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org