We have a home that had two 40g hot water tanks to supply domestic hot water demand and a boiler that supplies underfloor hydronic heating to the basement and garage. It came time to replace those two hot water tanks as both were 20years old. Had several plumbers out for a quote and to offer different ideas to remedy the situation. In my opinion, Arpis offered the most cost effective option that was presented to us. Arpis also gave us the impression of having the most confidence for the job which won them the bid in the end. We wound up eliminating both hot water tanks and go with a Heat-Flo 80g indirect hot water heater which feeds off the boiler. This method kept the boiler active all year rather than have long periods of dormancy during summer months. It also consolidated 4 natural gas appliances in the basement (2 gas water tanks, furnace and boiler) down to 2 appliances (furnace and boiler). The other option provided by 2 other companies was a tankless system to supply domestic hot water but this involved installing a larger gas line into the house and the recommendation for a water softener ($). To install the Heat-Flo was no small feat as the main primary loop around the boiler had to be reconstructed. Heat-Flo tanks are pretty neat because they are very efficient and supposedly only lose 0.5 C of temp every hour. It took approximately 2 days to install which matched the time estimated in the quote. It was done very efficiently and professionally. Over 1 month later and we have abundant hot water and ample hydronic heat. A 10% deposit was requested by the company for the parts to be ordered which I thought was fair. The remaining 90% was invoiced after repairs were complete and when we were satisfied with the work. There were no cost over-runs or surprises. Contractors showed up on time and left on schedule. Drop cloths were used to protect our floors and they ensured minimal disruption to water service during the revision. They did a small sink leak repair on the side at no extra cost which was appreciated and provided a lot of education on boiler maintenance which was great. The entire underfloor heating lines also had to be drained as previous owners had only water in the lines :-( Arpis replaced with a proper glycol mix. Arpis also inspected and cleaned the boiler unit. Would recommend to another homeowner.
- Company Response
Thank you for your review! We are so pleased you are happy with your new equipment, and we look forward to working with you in the future!
Sharlee, Team Arpi's