If you are looking to deal with the most unprofessional, disorganized and misleading company than go with Grand Alarms.
Here is our story:
1. We had an alarm put in our home in December and exterior cameras installed that were to capture and record 30 second motion clips of an activity around the exterior of our home. We realized within a few weeks that various 'events' were being missed and not recorded. I.e. we would leave the home and neither camera would pick up and record these types of comings and goings.
2. We provided a detailed list of dates and times these 'events' being not picked up and were told 'everything was working fine from their end' by their IT Team and Rep.? Who wants exterior security cameras that only pick up 75% of events!
3. We tried to resolve this over weeks with them and our rep Leo Olliveri who then said maybe we should 'upgrade' to the DVR system (would record 24 hour footage which we could review) that they were willing to give to us at their COST due to all the issues.
4. They provided a spec package and quote for $1,500+ for the new cameras and DVR. We agreed to try this solution and they installed the equipment.
5. The same day the new equipment was installed my husband came home to realize that they put in the wrong DVR (a $300 retail model, versus the $1,500 DVR model they said they were to instal that we agreed on) as well as the wrong cameras. In addition, the tech that came to install this equipment had no idea how we were to view the footage on our cameras. When we contacted IT to find out who to view the footage from the DVR we were told that you had to put a screen computer monitor attached to our DVR which was in the utility room and contrary to what the spec sheet said that one could view DVR footage from their computer. Our Rep Leo had also no idea why the wrong equipment was installed, yet no one made it a priority to come out and get this fixed. We waited again….
6. We then were livid and contacted the Sales Director after spending thousands of dollars and 3+ months trying to work with Grand Alarms to have a basic home monitoring camera system. We were furious that we were mislead and no one was taking any accountability to fix the issues for us. We cancelled our service with them and asked they have their equipment removed.
7. When their own Tech people came to remove the equipment he didn't have the right 'tools' to remove their own cameras. Typical Grand Alarm style.
8. Even after the Sales Director had agreed we could cancel and go elsewhere given all the issues we experienced, they continued to debit us for 3+ months until we had the bank stop this.
Needless to say, the worst experience of our lives. We were lucky to find a new provider that was able to install, service and set up all our phones and computers with access to the cameras footage all in the same day with no issues to date.