Basement Renovation

Reviews for Omni Basement Systems

Bean counter in Burlington
Bean counter in Burlington

The never endinG project

The original Robles was never solved and some staff would recommend one course of action and then the next staff members from tHe same company would call tHat idea stupid. No consistency, or end result. We ended up calling someone else to fix the problem so we didn't have to deal with their unprofessional staff and owner anymore.

Greetings Bean Counter in Burlington!

We certainly value all feedback, and our efforts to continue to grow, succeed, and provide the industry's best customer experiences are key components of our culture.

Being that you have responded in anonymity, we cannot confirm or deny whether or not you are actually an Omni customer. Although it is not often that we encounter situations such as this with customers, we would like to become totally aware of your dilemma and to provide an agreeable resolution.

All said, please feel free to contact us via telephone or email so that we may address your comments and concerns. Our management team will be happy to schedule an appointment at your home at your convenience.

We greatly appreciate the opportunity to earn everyone's business and look forward to being of continued service.

We look forward to your response.

Emily Rodger,
Social Media Marketer,

GC
GC
1 review Guelph, ON

Overpriced and Under Deliver

They do a great and slick sales job, but they are overpriced and their work is sub-par. They installed very expensive support jacks in my basement. Big selling feature is that they are adjustable. But they welded them closed.... Tried to sell me an expensive de-humidifier with alls sorts of videos and pictures. Took me weeks to cancel that part of the order once we thought about it and realized we were being hosed. Don't use this company!

Jessica in ??????????
Jessica in ??????????
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

HORRIBLE & SCARY

TERRIBLE experience with this company. They caused damage to my property multiple times. They gave me the wrong information multiple times. The owner wanted to come see the damage to my property, but showed up 40 mins LATE and offered me $300 to take down my reviews. He would not leave when I asked him to multiple times. I finally had to demand he leave. It was an extremely FRUSTRATING and SCARY experience. The issues were never addressed! Save yourself the time, energy, and money and DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your comments. We greatly appreciate all feedback that we receive from our customers and use it to identify areas where we can improve. We'll do an assessment of your file to identify exactly what has happened but this will take some time. When we've completed the assessment we would like to speak with you personally about the situation. We will call you when we have an understanding and answers with regard to your feedback.

Have a pleasant rest of your day.

Dave in Hamilton
Dave in Hamilton
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

Dehumidifier

I had an issue with my dehumidifier not working properly. This issue has now been addressed as Omni has replaced it even though it was outside of the warranty of the product.

We have now discovered a separate issue that has arisen from spray foam insulation interfering with the function of their water proofing system. The owner Pete personally came to my house to diagnose the problem which was greatly appreciated and informative. He has now gone above and beyond and is helping us work with the insulation company to rectify the problem.

If we are able to get this issue resolved I would give this company a 10+ not only for their product but in large part for their customer service.

Review has 1 previous version

Hi Dave,

We're so glad they we were able to resolve this initial issue! Thank you so much for the great review, we appreciate your business, but most of all; the knowledge that we were able to help you. Our customers make us who we are.

Have a great day.

derek jasek in Burlington
derek jasek in Burlington

crawl space dehumidifier

I bought an 1800.00 dehumidifier that only lasted 2 years , I was talked into installing this product in January when omni was doing other work in the basement , I told them its only humid in the summer , they assured me it was such a good product but 2 month past warranty , its junk , not just a repair bill but total junk. Customer service says they cant do anything.
Please never use this company ,they dont care about the customer

Hi Derek,

We're sorry to hear about the problem you've had with your dehumidifier. As you are aware, the warranty for the product that you had purchased from us expired in March 2016, and was confirmed with our head office. We were happy to return to your home to pick up the unit and have our service technician diagnose the issue at no charge to you. Unfortunately, the fan was no longer operating and it appeared that it may have a leak, which we don't have the capability to repair.

Our production supervisor referred you to a 3rd party service to make the repairs to the unit, and you asked for us to return the unit back to you which you received back on the morning of June 29, 2016. However, we will be more than happy to extend to you a preferred customer discount should decide to purchase a second unit.

Arianna in Hamilton
Arianna in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Flooded Basement

After moving into our house 6 months ago, we realized we had a major water issue in the basement and noticed flooding around 5pm. Omni had done a partial waterproofing of the basement (as the previous owner of the house decline the recommended full waterproofing). The flood was caused by an issue with a sub-par sump pump, but Pete personally took care of us and had a team member out at our house in a few hours to try and figure out the issue. Phil was great and we were able to diagnose the problem (frozen pipes), a sub-par sump pump and dead backup system. Pete personally came out the next day to replace everything and did a custom job on our outdoor pipes to ensure they didn't freeze. The whole experience was great and reassuring. We're hoping to have them finish the waterproofing in our basement and I feel confident once they're done with it, there won't be a drop of water down there!
Can't express how impressed I am with the level of service for an issue that really wasn't theirs (sump pump failure). They took the time to explain what they were doing along the whole way and answered all the questions I had (no matter how stupid they may have seemed). While a bit pricey, you can't beat the piece of mind this company gives you. I'm confident that if ANY issues arise in the future, they'll be there to help out!

Hi Arianna,

Thank you so much for this astounding review!

As you know, our customers' opinions of our company mean the world to us, and seeing your positive feedback from a job well-done makes us even more proud to come to work every day. We're so glad that we could make your basement a comfortable place of living, instead of a place of anxiety and fear.

Have a wonderful rest of your day.

April Almeida in Hamilton
April Almeida in Hamilton
6 reviews Hamilton, ON

Basement waterproofing sump pump installation

Omni was excellent and even after some issues arose they fixed them at no cost to us. I refer them to clients and friends and family often. I feel confident in doing so as a business professional and personally.

Hi April,

We appreciate your feedback greatly and also your referrals!

Here at Omni Basement Systems, we take pride at being able to turn a negative situation into a positive. We're so glad that we were able to help you out with your basement needs in a timely and efficient manner.

Have a beautiful rest of your day.

Jamie A Woods from St. Catharines
Jamie A Woods from St. Catharines
1 review Saint Catharines, ON

Basement leak repair

The Omni Basement Systems had great reviews so that's why I went with them. The sales person was very informative and met our needs completely. The crew were fast and tidy. They even let me use their tools to finish a tear out so they could finish the job. The job was completed ahead of schedule and they even removed the tear out debris I left on the floor. The only draw back was I had to wait almost 2 months from the sales to the actual work done due to their popularity; however it was worth it.

Hi Jamie,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review, we're happy to have helped you!

We're so glad that we were able to help you make your basement a more livable and pleasant space to exist in, it makes the occasional wait well worth it. Don't forget, if you have any friends that are in need of our services, please let us know, and if they go ahead with the job we will send you $50 for the referral. More details are on our website!

Kevin from Burlington
Kevin from Burlington

carbon armour

Omni performs great work but are wildly overpriced. They did 8 carbon armour strips for us which cost $6000 total. After doing more research on other companies we realized we could have saved $2000 easy. You don't get much value out of these guys. Really shop around before accepting a quote from these guys.

Hi Kevin,

We are happy to hear that you're pleased with our work! Our well-thought out prices reflect our drive and passion to achieve our high standards. Keeping our employees well-informed of the latest waterproofing and foundation repair skills on the market. However, we will definitely bring this review up with management and they can review our pricing and your concerns.

Have a great day.

More about Omni Basement Systems

As a certified Basement Systems dealer, Omni Basement Systems is a foundation repairing, basement and crawl space waterproofing company providing state-of-the-art foundation repairing and basement waterproofing systems. Re-setting the structural integrity of a home, drying wet basements, or waterproofing crawl spaces is our business - it is what we do everyday. Fully licensed, insured, and accredited with the BBB. Our nationally backed warranty stands above our competition and gives our customers reassurance that our products and services will meet all needs and expectations.