Aurora Home Hardware

Aurora ON
HomeStars  >  Building Supplies and Hardware in Aurora  >  Aurora Home Hardware

Reviews for Aurora Home Hardware

New BBQ order

We ordered a new BBQ with home hardware aurora. We were advised that it would take one week for delivery. After 1.5 weeks, we still had not received our BBQ. I called the store, and was greeted very rudely by the receptionist. I was then told that the wrong BBQ had been shipped last week, and we should be receiving the new one that day. Up to this point, we had not received any follow up calls to advise us of the status of our BBQ.
Our delivery was scheduled for 3pm. No one showed up, and no phone calls are made. We called at 5pm to ask where our BBQ was, to be told that the status was delivered. All the staff who could tell us anything had gone home, and the delivery trucks were all back in the yard. What happened to our BBQ. Just a huge comedy of errors with no real reason, and no communication to us. Very disappointed. Trying to support the local store, but won't be back due to their severe lack of customer service in all respects.

Window replacement

Home Hardware Aurora has replaced all our windows in our 2-storey home. We purchased North Star and have been very pleased with this decision. Their pricing was reasonable and their service excellent. Drew keeps records of the work they do for you so any additional work can be easily matched to what has been done. They explain your options and provide a quote within a few hours usually.
I have recommended them to my co-workers and would do do again.

Stephanie W.
Stephanie W.
13 reviews Aurora, ON

Sliding Glass Patio Doors

Following a bad experience with another window company, I noticed that several of my neighbours had bought their windows from our local Home Hardware store, so I gave Phil McAllen a call and ordered a new glass sliding door for my kitchen walk-out. It was a good decision. Phil answered all my questions and helped me. In the end, I got a solid product for a reasonable price with an easy installation.

I was so pleased that, a few weeks later, I ordered another glass sliding door for my basement walk-out (as did two of my neighbours). Our new patio doors look good and are noticeably more weather-proof. We are all more than satisfied and are now looking at ordering more new windows.

I don't hesitate to recommend Phil McAllen and Aurora Home Hardware to friends and family who want new windows and doors.

Savi from Utopian Gardens
Savi from Utopian Gardens
3 reviews Stouffville, ON

Mason Jars

I started a small home based business for which I need Mason Jars. The price point for these jars are very prohibitive to the success of my venture. I spoke with Home Hartdware and they not only fielded the jars I needed, but also at a very good price.

dan  in Bradford
dan in Bradford
2 reviews Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

deck

Aurora Home hardware has supplied the material needed to build our deck. They had very good quality cedar boards in stock ad delivered them on the same day as purchase. Great service

Marjo Niemi in Sharon
Marjo Niemi in Sharon
4 reviews EAST GWILLIMBURY, ON

Garden Door

We were not sure what our need are when we went in and actually, I went in looking for window, but expert from the store was able to help me and get better solution for our problem.
We got nice garden door prefinished, we installed it ourself.

Brian D in King City
Brian D in King City
3 reviews King City, CA

Washroom Reno

The staff are older at this store and are always very knowlegable about any project I have on the do. They always try to find the best prices for any kind of stuff you have to order. They do a lot of custom vanities and kitchen. I once got into a jam building a house and they delivered some goods another store said they could get me (but couldn't)so Home Hardware came through for me. This particular store is a building centre.

Andrew in Mississauga
Andrew in Mississauga
9 reviews Newmarket, ON

Window and Patio Door Instalation

As part of an Energy Audit Retrofit we researched window manufactures on the NRC web site (http://oee.nrcan.gc.ca/residential/personal/new-windows-doors.cfm?attr=4) and decided to go with Northstar Windows due to their high efficiency rating and quality manufacturing. In our area we initially found two companies who were dealers for that company and decided to go with Aurora Home Hardware.

The sales people were helpful in answering questions, working through our options and explaining the benefits of the product. Their quote was very competitive. On installation day, the installers arrived a bit late but ultimately did a good job on the interior and exterior work. They cleaned up (mostly) but were unable to complete the installation of 5 windows and 1 patio door so a second appointment was required. The windows appear to be well manufactured and well finished and in the winter we find the double pane glass to be a vast improvement over our old windows. The final Energy Audit did reveal some minimal air leaks coming from the wall but the inspector indicated that was acceptable. The window units seemed air tight. We are very pleased with the product and the installation.

Shari in Valley
Shari in Valley

bathroom

Great service, has everything from vanities, to plumbing supplies to lights. Great selection. People really know what they are selling to you in the store, knowledgible of their product. Good location in Aurora.