AC Electrical Contractors Ltd.

Electricians
35 Thomas Henry Rd Vaughan ON
HomeStars  >  Electricians in Woodbridge  >  AC Electrical Contractors Ltd.

Reviews for AC Electrical Contractors Ltd.

bsimpson
bsimpson
1 review Aurora, ON

Fix electrical circuit to furnace

Truck wrap - 1st try ac-electrical.png AC Electrical Contractors Ltd.
416-698-8100
251 Raleigh Avenue
Toronto
M1K 1A5

Fix electrical circuit to furnace

Another contractor was in fixing the furnace when the electrical circuit switch blew up on activation.

Unfortunately this left me with out a furnace and sub 10°C weather. I called several other electrical contractors and electricians but nobody answered their phone.

When I called these people they answer the phone and were polite and friendly and promised to get somebody at my location within a few hours.

They came through as promised. The electrician, Stephen was thoroughly professional. He quickly sized up the issue, and even though this is an older house he was able to resolve it very quickly and get my furnace back up and running. In addition he provided lots of helpful electrical safety and home safety tips.

I am very grateful for the service and yes my furnace works now.

Thank you very much.

Thank you for the wonderful feedback about your experience with our company. We consistently try to stand apart from other electrical contractors by the level and quality of service we offer. It's satisfying to know that our office staff were able to answer your call and schedule the electrician to be there in a matter of hours. We work primarily in the residential electrical field, therefore we understand the urgency of certain situations. Steven is an experienced and knowledgeable electrician, so we're very pleased that he was able to efficiently repair the problem as well as provide you with safety tips/ recommendations. Thanks again for choosing AC Electrical. We look forward to serving you again in the future if the need arises.

Nina in Toronto
Nina in Toronto

Outdoor Light Installation, Solar Eye, Garage Sensor & Timer Switches

Nick figured out what the problem with the lack of electricity supply to our outdoor garage lights was, and he fixed it so now our outdoor garage lights are finally working again! He was able to see the problem right away, which we could not figure out for quite a while. He also installed sensor switches in our garage, so that the lights in the garage automatically come on whenever anyone drives or walks into the garage. He also installed some very nice outdoor lights, including a solar eye, so that the outdoor light automatically gets turned on at twilight when the sun begins to set and turned off at dawn when the sun begins to rise, so we don't have to worry about programming a timer for it. It was his idea to install the solar eye. So he solved all of our problems with outdoor lighting this year, and already half a year later, everything he installed still works like a charm. We are very pleased with AC Electrical's work and would highly recommend them to anyone needing electrical work done. They were able to solve problems we couldn't get solved before, and they also provide a good warranty on their workmanship and materials (if they are the ones to supply the materials). They are a great company, and their pricing is fair, too.

Good day Nina. Thank you for the glowing review. It's great to see that you're happy with lighting recommendations and solutions offered by our electrician. Nick is very instrumental delivering professional and trusted service that our company stands so proudly and firmly upon. He's a great role model for the electricians in our company and to other electrical contractors in our city. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for having the confidence in us. We look forward to continue serving you. Thanks again for choosing AC Electrical, we appreciate your business!

Anne W.
Anne W.

Electrical outlet repair

Kyle figured out why our wall outlets were not working and also figured out why out pot lights didn't work.

Thanks for the 10 star review Anne! It reflects what a seasoned electrician Kyle is. He's definitely an asset to the AC Electrical team. Thank you for choosing AC Electrical and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Francesca
Francesca

Install Power for my new skylight

Needed power to be run to my new skylight in my bathroom and install new exterior plug on my deck.

Francesca, thank you for the 10 star review, we appreciate it! Thank you for trusting us with your electrical requests and we hope that you're enjoying your new skylight. Thanks again for choosing AC Electrical. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future if the need arises.

Christine
Christine
1 review Whitby, ON

Add electrical for two light fixtures.

The electricin was wonderful, took pride in his job. My only negative comment is that I found $582 just for labour and $100 installation fee per light was ridiculous. If the job took 3-4 hours I feel it could be justified but it took just over an hour. I had to exchange a fixture and was back just as he was leaving and he said he didn’t have time to put it up. When you are charging a flat fee to do a job, he should have stayed to put it up for me instead me spending the next 1 1/2 hours doing it myself without the right tools.

Christine,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. You are right about Kyle being a good electrician and taking pride in doing his work. We have a straightforward price guide which we've used to price all of our jobs, and your project is no exception.

With that said, and although Kyle had a full schedule of work that day, I agree that he should have stayed back to install the light that you purchased and not have left. I would be more than happy to have Kyle come back to your home, free of charge to inspect the installation of the light that you installed your self, to assure that it was correctly installed and is safe.

Our pricing guide was created using the average time and material an electrician needs to complete an installation. If the job takes a lot longer to do, or if there are unforeseen obstacles, we absorb the cost and do not change the quoted price. Sometimes, an electrician seems to take little effort to do an install, and his or her work looks easily done, but I can assure you that there is a lot of experience and knowledge backing every installation. We have to ensure that it complies with the code and that it is safe otherwise, AC Electrical Contractors Ltd., would not stand behind every job with a three-year warranty.

If you would like to discuss this situation further, or if you would like to schedule Kyle to come back to your house, please feel free to call me at (416) 698-8100 and, I will be happy to speak with you.

Regards,

Diane
Diane

Range hood replacement and basement light wiring to existing lìght switch

Work was done quickly and cleanly. The gentleman was pleasant and polite and explained everything. Will definitely use them again if i require any electrical repairs.

Diane, thank you for the positive review. We're pleased that our electrician was respectful of your home and your time. Our electricians are very experienced and pleasant to work with which contributes to their efficiency. Thank you for noticing and for considering using our company again in the future. We appreciate it!

Clara  in Toronto
Clara in Toronto

Second appointment (made right)

Second time using AC Electrical. Technician Steven. Prior to the first visit their office indicated each of the jobs we discussed over the phone would be included in the diagnostic fee of $250 (plug install, 4 pot lights out, replace basic switch with timer switch). During the visit, the pot lights were diagnosed as either requiring new mr16 plugs or new transformer. The electrician advised us we could supply the plugs by purchasing for under $2 and they would supply the transformers for a separate charge of $99each. After this visit we were charged $250, as was expected, and were happy.
Second visit – again called their office and went through each job: repair 4 pot lights per last diagnosis (we bought the mr16 plugs), replace 3 plugs with a GFCI 3 baths, replace a basic fan switch with a timer switch, add an interior switch to control an outside plug and install a plastic waterproof exterior plug cover that we supplied. I was told the diagnostic fee covered those jobs and that we would be charged separately for any parts they supplied. Fair enough, so we scheduled the job. We asked for the same technician because he had assessed previously.
Electrician quickly found that the 3 GFCI plugs were not necessary as this house had a main GFCI protecting all bath and exterior plugs. (10 minutes). He then stated that since the exterior plug I wanted controlled by a new indoor switch was looped with a main GFCI plug, he could not add an indoor switch (5 minutes). He added the plastic plug cover (5 mins). He changed 2 transformers. The other transformer was a pot light requiring a long ladder to reach a high ceiling. I offered my ladder and he agreed. After installing the first 2 transformers, he then said he only had 2 transformers. So we were left with1 pot light not working. (20-25 mins).
He replaced a bath fan switch with a timer switch (<10 mins).
He then proceeded to present a bill of $750 separately charging for each job. This is despite not having to replace the 3 GFCI plugs, install a new indoor switch or fix one pot light!
My husband was unaware I had discussed each job with their office to confirm they were included in the $250 charge, but he did recall from the previous visit they covered the jobs in one fee. After arguing the bill was unreasonable the electrician then removed 2 separate charges bringing the bill down to $583. The electrician stated to my husband that their company no longer covers jobs under the diagnostic charge. This was different from what the office said and what we agreed to. Unfortunately, my husband was unaware of the conversation I had with the office just a few days earlier. I would not have agreed to pay for more than the diagnostic and supplied parts unless they clarified their would be any extra charges.
Worse yet, we found 1 hall pot light flickering that evening and called the next day. They have never returned the call. They claim to warranty their installs and parts supplied. Apparently not.
There won’t be a 3rd time with this company and we no longer recommend them.

Update: September 11, 2018
We're happy to report that our issue was resolved. Before we had even read the response from Hellen, we saw a refund via email transfer. It's impressive to see a company do the right thing and so deserved that we update our review accordingly.

Review has 1 previous version

[14 Sep 18] Thank you so much for your understanding Clara, and we really appreciate the updated review

[10 Sep 18] Hello Clara,

I have just read the review that you posted on HomeStars, and I would like to let you know, that I will be looking into the matter thoroughly. In the meantime, I will be refunding you the $267.00 plus HST, that was charged above the initially promised $249.00 minimum fee, by the person answering the phone.

Regretfully, this past July and August, when Genelle, our full-time CSR went on leave, I had tried using an answering service company to help with the inbound calls. That company had promised continuity between our brand and quality of care that our clients would receive. Unfortunately, their staff was not trained as promised, gave misinformation to some of our clients and clearly, were not qualified to answer our phones. I have since stopped using them and have hired an in-house team to take care of our clients as they deserve.

As for the pricing conflict; we have a straightforward price guide which all electricians are supposed to use to price jobs. Before any work commenced, the electrician should have discussed the price and, you should have approved that price​ before he proceeded to do the work. I am going to speak to Steven to figure out what happened with the pricing of your job.

I would also like to verify, that we do warranty all of our work for three full years and I would be happy to send an electrician to your home to see why the pot light is flickering after we have changed out the transformer. This warranty work will, of course, be free of charge.

if you would like to discuss this situation further, please feel free to call me at (416) 698-8100 and, I will be happy to speak with you.

Regards,

Lynne Gangbar in North york
Lynne Gangbar in North york

Install of Under Cabinet Lighting

We needed new undercabinet lighting so i contacted AC. Everything went very well and i found working with Hellen and Kyle a pleasure. My husband and i love the results. Many thanks to both of you!

Lynne, we're happy that you're satisfied with the outcome of the under cabinet lighting installation. Our electricians are very knowledgeable and experienced and this was reflected in Kyle's work. Hellen provides strong administrative support and assists with having everything run as smoothly as possible. As a company, we're very pleased to have such a dedicated team. Thanks again for choosing AC Electrical and for the wonderful feedback - we appreciate it and hope to serve you again in the future.

David in Scarborough
David in Scarborough

Knob & Tube Removal - Entire Home Re-wire

I hired AC Electrical to remove the knob & tube from a 100 year old home. Jim was team lead for my project undertaken approx. 5 years ago. They spent weeks at the house and invoiced us a small fortune. Admittedly, the home is large (approx. 3,500 sq. feet) but the cost was extraordinary. Initially, I thought the service was expensive but good. Now, years later, as my wife and I undertake further renovations to the home the poor quality of the work is slowly being revealed:

a) an upgrade to the master bathroom revealed knob and tube wiring behind the walls;

b) a replacement to a light fixture in the same room revealed 60 year old electrical boxes still in place;

c) the installation of pot lights in the main living room were the work of total hacks, unfamiliar with plaster ceilings and unaware of the need to install ceiling boxes. The net result: broken plaster peeling out from under the holes punched in the plaster. The pot lights themselves were a bright white and entirely out of sync with the warm light generated by the main light fixture and surrounding lamps.

I would also note that after spending more than $50,000 with AC Electrical, they failed the initial inspection! I should have known then that I had hired the wrong company.

Even the administration at AC Electrical was poorly run. They completely neglected to invoice me more than $10,000 only to realize their oversight a month later and demand payment "immediately".

Now as more recent renovations get underway, the true extent of the shortcuts Jim and his team took stands revealed. Each new contractor that attends at my home is baffled by the poor quality of the work.

CAUTION: AC Electrical is NOT as good as HomeStars might have you think.

Dorann in Ajax
Dorann in Ajax
3 reviews Ajax, ON

Loss of power

Lost power to one room and part of the basement. Kyle knew straight away what the problem was and the issue was resolved in half an hour. Kyle was friendly and professional and we would use the company again.

I would have given them a '10' but there was a mix up with our booking (admittedly, not their fault). But it was remedied quickly and Kyle arrived later that day.
I don't hesitate in recommending the company to anyone looking for a good electrician.

Dorann, Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. We appreciate the honest feedback. Though we try to be the ideal electrical contractor to our clients, sometimes there are some slip-ups as with every company. We value our clients and are happy that we were able to keep the appointment for the same day and that you were willing and able to accommodate that. We appreciate it! Kyle's expertise makes him an asset to our company and we're lucky to have him serve our clients. Thanks again for choosing AC Electrical and for the recommendation.

More about AC Electrical Contractors Ltd.

AC Electrical Contractors Ltd., are, "Your Home Electricians™". We've been servicing GTA homes for over 25 years!

Enjoy peace of mind with our 309A certified electricians, upfront transparent pricing and three year warranty on all installations. We value your time and arrive when we say we will arrive, with a large, fully stocked, branded vehicle to assure most small jobs are completed in one visit.

We look forward to hearing from you, let us know how we can help!