Creation By Renovation Inc.

Water Filtration & Purification
VISIT bahiadivers.ca FOR DISCOUNTS
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in York  >  Creation By Renovation Inc.

Reviews for Creation By Renovation Inc.

Daphne Fayle in Toronto
Daphne Fayle in Toronto

Furance and Ac and Tankless install and Bathroom and kitchen

I originally hired Mark to replace my old furnace he advised me to upgrade to high efficient furnace , tankless water heater and I decided to finally add an AC. I am so pleased as now my entire house is the same temperature and my bills are cut in half.
I than had Mark design and build a new second bathroom and renovate my kitchen.(in our Toronto home)
I am very pleased with the workmanship, suggestions and attention to detail
Thank you for a great job so well done.

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to let others know about our work.

Howard Sokoloff in Scarborough
Howard Sokoloff in Scarborough

Renovation of our condo 1100

Designed and built new Kitchen,Bathroom ensuite and walk in closet . Wonderful work.Work was done ontime no mess and we were able to stay in our home during almost the whole project.
We are extremely pleased.

Stuart Lewis from Toronto
Stuart Lewis from Toronto

En Suite Bathroom

I found out about the company, Creation by Renovation, through someone in my office. Creation By Renovation took out everything from the old bathroom and re-did the en suite bathroom in my place with care and consultation over the details. They did our kitchen a few years ago, so we knew what to expect. Mark, the man behind Creation is extremely helpful and punctual and there is nothing more we could have wished for them to do!

ALEX
ALEX
8 reviews RICHMOND HILL, ON

Basement Reno

The owner Mark was very pleasant and personable during a quotation process. Promises, promises... "Not to worry" was the major idea. The contract was signed, but unfortunately it was his version of contract, where there was a scope of work and the payment amount, but not the schedule of payments. Big mistake on my part, big mistake. Once the work started, Mark started demand much more payments than the work completed. By the end of the framing and rough in he wanted more than 50% of the pay. I disputed that demand and Creation by Renovation has stopped the work immediately. My demand to refund funds proportionally for the undone work was refused. The contractor claimed I owe him and not the other way around. Now it has to be resolved through the court, where I am suing Creation by Renovation. The work had to be finished by other contractors, who noticed few big mistakes on how framing, plumbing rough in and electrical rough in were done. All those mistakes had to be fixed at extra costs for me. My basement was since than finished by other people and while doing all this work those guys were reasonable on payment terms, asking for some deposit and the rest AFTER the job was completed, not before. I also attached some photos, made immediately after Creation by Renovation has left, so the one can judge whether framing and plumbing rough in were finished or not.
__________________________________________________________

After my initial review the owner of the reviewed company posted a reply full of misleading information and personal accusations. I feel a need to address all the issues at stake again. The tactics of shifting the blame, used by the company owner is not new, as it's always his word against mine, so he might hope it will be hard for the outside world to find out who is right and who is wrong. Luckily I made photos (of which I posted 3) and video, so both the visitors of this site and the future court can see and conclude by themselves whether or not the work has been completed and at what quality.
As for the client (me) being irrational, moody and mind changing individual,- I would have published my email correspondence with the contractor, so everyone would see who is moody and irrational, but this site does not have that option yet. I just wanted to point out that in the initial review I did not use the tactics of personal accusations, but rather explained what was wrong to the project. Quite a contrast with the contractor's reply.
In essence of the issues raised by the contractor, here we go again:
1. the work was not completed.
2. some completed parts of the work had to be redone by the third party contractors due to the poor workmanship of the Creation by Renovation.
3. The invoicing was calling for much more payment then work completed on that week.
4. The client(me) was not changing his mind, but rather reacting to the mistakes noticed. As an example, the contractor would not even mark the floor with the green tape or other marking technique to show the future placing of the walls. The drawing they had were not followed exactly either.
5. I have no idea what contractor is talking about with regards to 3 different firms, including the engineer being rescued from me. I never seen an engineer in person and only talked on the phone with him twice (both calls no more than 5 minutes in total) during which times we both were mutually pleasant and professional. I would like to see him in court as a witness, presenting whatever record of the phone conversation with me he might have. The only team I saw was the subcontractor's team sent by the contractor. The contractor himself will be at the site once may be twice a week the most. The subcontractor's team I met with was always dealt with professionally and courteously, though I counted some problems with them, such as them leaving for a few days at once for no apparent reasons. I am pretty sure they were doing some other projects at the same time which I was not happy about, but I would not mention anything to them directly, understanding they were not the ones who was calling shots.
5. I never went to the court with the contractors before and I fully renovated this house having about 15 contractors before this one and 5 more after, leaving five positive reviews on Home Stars before leaving this one.
This time I will trust the court into finding the true on who did what.
________________________________________________________

Update from April 1, 2016
After my last posting I was served with the legal paperwork from Creation by Renovation asking those posts on Home Stars to be removed and for $20,000 for damages to reputation. No photos, videos, receipts or things of that nature mentioned by the contractor in his last response. My defense on the other side will include all that. I am also wondering how many more negative reviews this company would have received if people would not be afraid to go to legal battles.
If and only court decided to remove those postings I will certainly comply. Until such time the viewers can freely read and be very aware about dealing with this company.

This is so false . Firstly work completed
1- all framing
2- all electrical rough Ina
3-all plumbing roughins
4-redoing numerous framing as the client changed his mind
5- invoicing was exceptionally clear we recieved an account and each week we would bill for work completed.Client was always changing his mind and thoughtless of the work completed.
6- there were no errors and we stopped working due to the fact the client would not pay for work done
7-we have never been served or gone to court and would be more than happy to fight this in court of need be.
8- I have 3 separate firms that were present for all of this and will attest to everything I say this client Alex was impossible, treated us with absolutely no respect to the point my engineer rescued to even talk to him
I want this rating removed until such time home stars actually investigates all of the above
Mark
As per the new text we will only say that we await the court date as we have all the proof,photos etc to respond to this .
I look forward to seeing the ending to this affair. We always photograph all stages of work as well as video were we feel necessary.
This of coarse is why we do not worry about going to court although this is the first time.
As for the accusations made by the client I am not going to engage this only to say I believe in what we did, our work was professional and met all the codes and bylaws.
Thank you and sorry for the unfortunate group of texts.
Mark
As per the new text at court there will be photos , recipes witnesses and I think we have a walk through video
Plus a lot more detailed info so for the readers please feel free to call me with any questions

Shayne
Shayne

multiple renovations

I have used Mark and his team for several jobs in my home, including kitchen cabinets, counters, electrical,repainted the entire town home interior and put a new wooden deck outside. All the work is beautifully finished, it is beyond my expectations. I feel that I got a lot for what I spent.

James from Toronto
James from Toronto

basement reno

Our friends used Creation by Renovation to have work done in their house. We loved what they did and we felt good about hiring them. I dealt with Mark on a day to day basis. He oversaw all the workers involved in the reno, I only had the one person to deal with. It was a good experience. The quote given was very close to the end cost. We are happy with the finished product.

Marc Biddle in Scarborough
Marc Biddle in Scarborough
1 review SCARBOROUGH, ON

Basement Renovations

I wanted my basement finished, meaning drywalled, floor with ceramic tile and 200amp electrical box covered, I also wanted 4 sliding doors installed, basically a wall of sliding doors to cover the washer, dryer, drain tub and water heater.

I wanted 3 companies to esitmate the job, had a visit from all 3, I will tell you that Creation by Renovation was the only one to give me a flat total price, the other two would estimate by saying an approx total of hours x $75 per hour, they would not commit to a final maximum price.

Mark also seemed to be more interested in making sure I would be happy with the renovations and made helpful suggestions. Before Mark left my home he had job, that how sure I was after talking with him.

I now have a beautiful looking basement, oak coloured sliding doors that hide the washer and dryer. A great tiled floor,the electrical panel is hidden but has small doors for easy access to it.

I was so impressed that months later I decided the upstairs bathroom needed a complete renovation. I did not bother with estimates, just contacted Mark. Again he stopped over gave me a flat price.

In the bathroom, Mark's team replaced the drywall, tiled around the 3 sides of the 3 sides of the bathtub right up to the ceiling, replaced the exhaust fan in the cieling, the light, removed the old vanity, installed an oak vanity, a large framed oak mirror, tiled the floor, installed slidinig glass doors for the bathtub / shower. Installed new sink, sink cabinet with 2 drawers, all new faucets in the tub and sink, new nicklel plated faucets for bathtub and sink. Finished it off with a new paint job for the ceiling and the walls. The job was completed, Mark said it was about $200 cheaper than the flat total price he gave me and wrote me a cheque for the $200! Never have I had that happen before!

I had the whole family over to see what was done and they were in AWE!

GREAT WORK, GREAT ATTITUDE by Mark and his whole team!

Thanks Mark for everything!

Michele in Toronto
Michele in Toronto

bathroom renovation

This was my first ever home renovation so cost, quality and service were very important to me. Mark was extremely helpful and persistent to make sure the bathroom was everything we hoped it would be. He personally took me out to purchase tile, tub, vanity, etc. and followed up to make sure I was happy with the result. His team of trades were very professional and personable. The end result of the bathroom was exceptional and we absolutely LOVE it! I would highly recommend Mark as a contractor.

More about Creation By Renovation Inc.

Creation By Renovation Inc. is a boutique construction firm with over 25 years of international renovation and restoration experience. Our company has high demands for ultra high efficient heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) products during Renovation + Restoration projects. We employ highly-trained people whose aim is to make Creation By Renovation a innovative leader in
Heating + Cooling.

Creating By Renovation Inc. can prolong the life of your home’s heating and cooling operation and its overall efficiency by having them regularly maintained by a qualified professionals. By having your heating and cooling system cleaned and tuned regularly, you are protecting your heating and cooling investment.