Oh Baby Childsafety Services (OBCS)

Children's Furniture
Mississauga ON L5N 8B6
HomeStars  >  Children's Furniture in Mississauga  >  Oh Baby Childsafety Services (OBCS)

Review for Oh Baby Childsafety Services (OBCS)

soomin
soomin

Children's safety gates & installation

We went to the Safety Superstore in Mississaga inquiring about baby gates when they referred Kenn. My initial thought was that he seemed like a nice guy who seemed very helpful. I wanted KIDCO gates installed (3 of them) in my home. He came by few days later with the gates. He spent 3 hours installing the gates and I was initially very satisfied. I happened to go to IKEA to meet my friend and I noticed they sold gates which looked very similar to mine. IKEA sold their gates for $59.00 but I paid $130 because KIDCO gates are one of the best in the market. I came home and got a closer look at the gates. He put stickers with his number on the gates. Something told me to peel the stickers off and to my surprise, the gates said IKEA OF SWEDEN! We called him and emailed him. I was so angry that I was ready to call in the army! In the end, he came by and replaced the gates with the original KIDCO ones. Although he did fix the problem, I am angry that he tried to con us. He basically told us that they are the same gates. He gets them from a wholesaler in Quebec, which I know is a lie as when I spoke to the manager from the safety store that he buys the gates from them. I was ready to press charges and appear on Global Consumers show, but as he did sort of fix the problem I decided not to pursue it further. However, that doesn't mean I cannot warn people! When you hire a contractor to install products, MAKE SURE YOU BUY THEM FIRST AND BRING THEM HOME. The installer can then install the products you purchased. WILL I REFER THIS GUY TO ANYONE? NO, WAY! I am not saying IKEA gates are bad products, but that's not what I paid for and wanted. JUST BEWARE!!!