Wilson's Department Store

Reviews for Wilson's Department Store

francia
francia

kitchen gadget

I went to WIlson's to buy couple of kitchen products. They do have a great selection in the kitchen section but the costumer service was poor, the sales person was not so friendly and just a little bit helpful.

Erik
Erik
11 reviews Boston, MA

bed linens

I needed to buy bedding for my kids' bedroom, and went to Wilson's Department Store to see what they might have. The after-Christmas sales were in full force, and I found high-quality flannel bed sheets in the color I wanted. The sales clerks were helpful but not pushy, and the store was well laid out and spacious. Selection was excellent.

Sue in Amherst
Sue in Amherst
5 reviews Boston, MA

coffee maker

I went to Wilson's after the holidays looking for a French Press coffeemaker. I found three models to choose from, but the model in my price bracket was a funky color, but fun color. It was within my price range. Several days later, I came upon a sale at a different store for a much less expensive but not as high quality product, and needed to go with that. Returning the product was fast, efficient, and comfortable experience. Staff were very accommodating--just remember to have your receipt. Their kitchenware department is awesome.

kurt allen
kurt allen

oriental rug

Went to Wilson's to look at carpets on a third occasion after making attempts to look elsewhere. Made a decision to purchase there because of logistics, and they did have some wool carpets that I could choose from. Selection was limited for wool carpets, but I did find one that met my need.

jb2822
jb2822

Guest Room

I've shopped at Wilsons for items from prom dresses to steak knives, always with success. Most recently I was shopping to refurbish my guest room. I thought of Wilsons for items such as sheets, curtains, and pillows. The salespeople were very helpful, showing me right to the section I needed. I was impressed with the selection and had quite a difficult time choosing! Overall, Wilsons is great for housewares.

Paul Hake in Greenfield
Paul Hake in Greenfield

Kitchen Knives

During the holiday season, we purchased knives for a Christmas gift for a relative. Even during this very busy time of the season, the staff at Wilson's found time to help us make our selection. The overall selection of knives was large enough to give us plenty to choose from and the quatlity was top-rate.

Kim in Greenfield
Kim in Greenfield

plate set

We were looking for an affordable, classy-looking plate, bowl, and cup set, and found a wide selection of modern, great-looking styles. They were priced very reasonably to begin with, and were marked down even more for the sale. I find this to be the case more and more lately when I go into Wilson's. Great work!

Jhiggins
Jhiggins

Bedding

I've shopped Wilson's for many years, with varied experiences. Sometimes sales people seem too busy in their own work and the customer is a distraction from that, but I had a very nice experience buying bedsheets. The salesperson asked me what I was looking for, explained the difference in thread counts and quality of different companies.

It's true that you often get what you pay for, but generally Wilson's tends to be higher priced than larger chain stores, so I try to shop during their sales - which they have quite often.

Meg in Greenfield
Meg in Greenfield
5 reviews Boston, MA

Kitchen ware, house-wares

Wilson's is an old-fashion department store, straight out of the 1950s, but it has the most up-to-date kitchen gadgets you can find, for a very reasonable price. Sometimes it seems a little under-staffed, but the peace and quiet is such a nice change from the 'big-box' chaos, I'm not complaining. There are floors of home furnishings, toys, clothes, and books, as well. Quality, plus locally owned for generations, equals a repeat customer here.