RAAKSS Renovation Solutions

Syed in Kitchener
Syed in Kitchener
1 review Newmarket, ON

New Bathroom in Newmarket

Back in 2011, I requested Robbie to give me a quote on a replacement bathroom stall. His quote was little more than some of the other quotes. He was also not available when we wanted it done (which was urgent). So we got the lowest quote and got not 1 but 3 bathroom stalls done. Each shower stall ended up costing the same as Robbie’s single quote and the workmanship was shoddy and horrible looking. Fast forward to 2018 and my son hears water entering the living room downstairs. “Oh no” the showers sprung a leak. Instead of me calling a new set of contractors I called Robbie and said do you remember the 2011 quote well, he didn’t. Anyway I asked him to come over again and it worked that the entire stall had been put in a way that the leak, was the only way out for the water. So a new bathroom was in order.
The job Robbie did was superb. Everything we asked for even those things we went against his advice e.g. a taller backsplash he kindly and methodically fitted with no complaints. His work was not cheap but the perfection and precision was impeccable. I guess you get what you pay for. Robbie and his son Andrew are a dynamic duo and we can only give 10 Stars and nothing else. That’s what you get when you hire a real professional.
Syed (Newmarket).

thanks for the kind Syed. Enjoy your new bathroom

Barbara in Toronto
Barbara in Toronto

bathroom reno

We finally decided that a bathroom reno was due when our cast iron bathtub dated 1913 sprung a leak. Obviously a renovation was long overdue. Enter Robbie and Andrew . Thanks to them the reno was completed in 3 weeks , done efficiently and professional. Both are so personable and approachable, it was easy to ask questions. Would recommend RAAKSS to anyone, thanks!!!

Thanks Barbara. you guys were awesome. Enjoy

Katelyn
Katelyn

Master Bathroom Renovation

We called RAAKSS to quote on renovating our master bathroom earlier this year prior to selling and wish we had called them way, way earlier so we could have spent more time enjoying the beautiful "after!" RAAKSS replaced the tile floor, fixed up the drywall, installed new vanity, toilet and other fixtures in conjunction with another company who refinished the tub and installed a new glass enclosure. The 2-man crew was fast, efficient and super tidy. They did a phenomenal job and were a total 180 degrees from past contractors we've had work on other jobs around the house. Highly, highly recommend!

Thanks Kate :)

Melissa  in Newmarket
Melissa in Newmarket
1 review Newmarket, ON

Bathroom shower tiles

Thank you to Robbie and Andrew for doing a fabulous job tiling our shower! 2 years ago we had our bathroom renovated by another company and all the job was a disaster. Not only was it a sloppy job at all the tiles and grout had cracked. Robbie removed all of the poor work the previous contractor had done, explained to us why the tiles had cracked, and rebuilt the shower properly with beautiful new modern tiles. He also made the suggestion to remove the dated looking tiles from the ceiling and bulkhead and did simple clean drywall instead. It totally changed the feel and brightness of the room. Andrew also did some painting for us in another area of the house and was quick and neat. These guys are knowledgeable, dependable, very professional and did an excellent job in a very reasonable amount of time. When we move into our new house we will definitely be giving them a call for all our future work.

Glad you like...enjoy

Melanie Dias from Keswick
Melanie Dias from Keswick

Bathroom Reno

We are so thrilled with our bathroom renovation. We live in a 60+ year old home and were concerned about what might be behind the walls, but Robbie handled everything. Robbie had some great suggestions for our initial design and everything was done on time and on budget. We would definitely recommend RAAKSS for any bathroom renovations and will be calling them when it's time to do the other bathrooms in our home.

Hi Mel. Thanks for the review. You guys were awesome to work with. Give me shout of any issues come up.

Colby in Toronto
Colby in Toronto

Small bathroom reno

The price includes aĺl the tiles and fixtures etc. and the labour. They worked quickly, and cleaned up nicely every day. Robbie talked through all the options with me and was really friendly and straightforward. I felt informed the entire time. I would absolutely recommend them, and look forward to being able to work with them in the future again.

Thanks Denise. you were awesome to work with. Enjoy

Private User reviews Newmarket, ON

Bathroom Reno

Robbie and his son Andrew did a very solid renovation for my tiny basement bathroom, but it was their after-project service that really impressed me. They had to return several times because of a leaky sink problem, which they eventual figured out was due to a flaw in the drain mold of the sink. They removed the sink and I soon as I got a replacement, they immediately returned to fix it once and for all. Robbie never left me hanging and I never had to call him twice. How often does that happen with contractors? 5 stars for service!

Thanks Theo. Much appreciated. Enjoy your new retreat

Tiff from Toronto
Tiff from Toronto

Two bathroom reno

Robbie and his son Andrew renovated two bathrooms for us (master and powder room) and we would definitely recommend them. They did the work quickly and efficiently, but with a lot of care and a strong commitment to quality results. Our house is 97 years old - the walls aren't straight, the plumbing is wacky, etc. But Robbie and Andrew found ways to work around these issues, and our bathrooms came out perfect. They are also just generally nice guys and a pleasure to work with (they were also very kind to our cats!). We really appreciated that they were quick to answer texts and discuss urgent things with us.

We got a few quotes before deciding to hire RAAKSS, and they gave us the best price. However, it is important to note that their quote was just for the labour and construction materials. We were left in control of all of the design decisions, such as choosing and buying the tiles, light fixtures, vanities, mirrors, faucets, accessories, etc. This was perfect for us because we like doing that sort of thing, and we came up with ideas that we really like. But, if you're looking for someone to help you with those decisions and supply the materials (and you're willing to pay a hefty premium for it), then RAAKSS might not be the right way to go.

Our total costs ended up being about $17,400 for labour, and about $4,000-$5,000 for materials. Pretty sure we saved a lot by doing the design elements ourselves.

We would definitely recommend Robbie and Andrew for any labour or construction work, especially with bathrooms. They're the best contractors we've worked with and we would work with them again in a heartbeat.

(Pictures are only of one bathroom).

lynn6171
lynn6171

Complete Bathroom Reno

Robbie was fabulous, super easy to deal with and worked out any issues that came up. His work is meticulous, and efficient, as well he cleans as he goes along. I will be looking to have him do more work in near future. We feel very comfortable recommending him to anyone. See the before and after pics below.

Review has 1 previous version
Howard
Howard

Bathroom Renovation

Robbie and his crew at RAAKSS did a beautiful job renovating our 28 year old master bathroom. RAAKSS does the job from beginning to end using their own people. No waiting for unreliable trades to show up. No dealing with 10 different people for every phase of the project. This company shows up every day and focuses on one project at a time until the job is complete. The quality and integrity of the workmanship is top notch. Robbie will consult with you on design issues or any technicalities that arise and need to be clarified before proceeding. We are very happy with how the project turned out. If you are looking for skilled, reliable contractors who are also great people, call RAAKSS and ask for Robbie. Tell him "Howie sent you!".

More about RAAKSS Renovation Solutions

HI. Im Rob owner of RAAKSS renovation solutions. My love for renovation started when i was 15 years old. After spending 15 years perfecting my skills, I then spent 10 years as the head tool tester for Canada's largest retailer. I am now back doing what i love the most.

Specializing in Bathroom Renovations, Kitchen Renovations, Decks and household renovations, RAAKSS performs quality work.