New Town Electric Inc.

Electricians
Toronto ON
HomeStars  >  Electricians in Toronto  >  New Town Electric Inc.

Reviews for New Town Electric Inc.

LA in Toronto
LA in Toronto

New Town Electric STAY AWAY

Chris the owner does not know what he is doing and is actually dishonest. I would never work with them again. It cost thousands more than it should have and he refused to take accountability for the mistakes. The worst.

V f.
V f.
3 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Rewire main floor of house

Professionalism: guys didn't show up sometimes for days without notice; said it would take two weeks and took four months before first inspection; another two months to correct an inspection defect; wore dirty boots inside and consistently walked on our mats; and consistently left dust in the house (even around our baby). Only time they were punctual was for payment.
Quality: switches installed protruding from wall; inefficient use of breakers (one breaker for two lights only?!); potlight casings not secured in ceiling; removed insulation and didn't put it back in place; installed switches next to markings (instead of at marking); switches in kitchen weren't on same level line.
Price: I'd pay more just to keep them OUT of my house.
These folks were recommended to me, so I started the job w them.. Only checked homestars after they started messing around and realized what I'd gotten into. I'm making sure to put this review so that folks know that New Town Electric Inc. hasn't improved.

Wilson in Downtown Toronto
Wilson in Downtown Toronto

Whole house re-wired

These guys just made a whole lot of silly errors that I can only attribute to carelessness. So much is lopsided and wonky, sockets, fixtures etc. I MYSELF rewired my phone outlets because they had accidentally swapped the coloured wires. Two sockets at in my kitchen have never worked properly, and I just can't bring myself to ask them to come back to fix it - which is fine because I paid them already and they don't return my phone calls. I just feel that a company that can't attend to the small details can't be trusted on the larger details .

Anne in Downtown Toronto
Anne in Downtown Toronto

Electrical work for home renovation

My builder hired New Town Electric to do all the electrical work in my residence. After completion of the work New Town Electric demanded approximately 25% more on a fixed price contract with no prior discussion as to the overages. The majority of overages were in the initial scope of the contract. Needless to say my builder is actively disputing this claim. Even though I do not have a direct contractual agreement with New Town Electric it is New Town Electric’s practice to put a lien on the home owner’s house as a pressure tactic to settle the dispute, a litigious and unsavory practice.

Also, on New Town Electric’s website they have pictures of the interior of my house. These pictures were obtained without my prior consent and I have requested in writing that they remove these photos from their website since I do not endorse their business practices or their company. To date my request has been ignored.

Having dealt with New Town Electric I would suggest you avoid them at all costs. Their business practices are questionable at best and my builder and I regret having any sort of dealings with them.