HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Mississauga  >  Premiere Van Lines
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Premiere Van Lines

PaulaB in

I am writing to let you know of a recent moving experience we had with Premiere Vanlines, Mississauga (April 28th).

Stephanie visited my house to see the contents and to quote. She suggested we use 4 men and 2 days. This was in late February/early March. I told her we only had one day to move, and had to be out of the house by 6pm. She stressed that we would need 4 men, and that the time would be tight.
I told her my husband and I would also take some breakables (lamps, pictures, tvs, laptops, etc) in our pickup truck and car. She said we had 13,500 lbs.
We signed the contract for 2 trucks, 4 men and one day, and gave them a $200 deposit. We were moving 45 minutes away to our brand new house.

On moving day, one SMALL truck and 4 men (mostly students) showed up. My husband, who works in transportation, told the driver we needed a bigger truck,
or two trucks (as per our quote). He went through the house and agreed, and said there was a 53' truck sitting in the yard that he would have brought had he known. We frantically called both Sarah and Stephanie. They were both rude, condescending, didn't offer any solutions, said they were booked for the day, and literally just blew us off. My husband and the truck driver came to the conclusion that they would load what they could, deliver it to our new home, go back to the old house and re-load, and deliver the rest of the items the following day. We had no other options.

They delivered the first load to our new home and left to go back to the old house at 6pm. My husband and I had already delivered two loads each in our personal vehicles. My husband went back to meet them at the old house, and the truck didn't arrive until after 8pm! The drivers disappeared! The new owner of our old house was quite angry our items were still there. They loaded the items they had left in the garage in our truck, and left for Mississauga. My husband didn't get back home until after 10pm that night.

The following morning, a Saturday, the truck arrived an hour and a half late, and a man and his little girl friend showed up to move in the rest of our items. My husband had to help carry in much of it as she couldn't handle it (and he has a bad back).

We moved into a brand new home with timber beams on the front exterior. There were several chunks and scratches caused by the movers, and we took photos and sent them to Premiere. We have a list far too long to mention every item that was damaged from jamming things into a small truck, but it's a huge list, and we sent them photos! All the bolts and screws for our basement reclining sofa and reclining love seat went missing in the move, so we can't fasten our furniture back together. Many items (deck box, tools, garbage bin, cleaning tools) were left in the garage and backyard at the old house, and my husband had to borrow a truck to go back for the deck box (we never got the other items back).

We were beyond excited to build and move into our dream home, and based on my previous move with Premeire, I didn't hesitate to call them again. They caused us so much damage and distress, and literally abandoned us to figure it out, that I am going to pursue legal action. I've been in contact with Kate from their head office, and while she was sympathetic, she referred it back to Walter's office (the owner), and other than sending me a form for damages (which I completed and sent back to them), I haven't heard a word from them. They don't answer their phones or emails.

Please review all the Homestar complaints against this company. There is nothing professional about them. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and CAM, and will be pursuing legal action.

Job Price

I'm very sorry to hear about your moving experience Paula, thank you kindly for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. After further review, it is clear that there is was certainly a misunderstanding of the contract as well as the events that took place on move day. Premiere filled all contract obligations and is currently processing a claim for the damages.

Carole
1 review Caledon, ON

Very good. Pleasant workers, quick, careful with my items and overall did a great job.

Job Price

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. From our Family to yours we wish you all the best in your new home.

Pierrette C in

I am very disappointed in Premiere's unwillingness to compensate me fairly for a poor packing service & subsequent undue stress it caused me that they acknowledge.

The packers left out 2 kitchen drawers filled with utensils + packed half content of 6 drawer dresser + packed my personal belongings, including undergarments, after being told it was ok to leave it in dresser--this was humiliating to say the least + inappropriate packing practice of artwork--not following own practice of special care--found in box with other closet items + only packed 8 pictures/artwork of 19--remaining pictures were left for movers to pack next day + lack of proper labeling--had to push/move/lift boxes to figure out content which was difficult for me, a 68 year old woman with a heart condition+ obstructed kitchen passage with 2 heavy boxes that I had to push + missed content (equivalent of 2 boxes) in washroom that were left for movers to pack next day + one box left open & unlabeled + of the 2 identical suitcases only one was packed + out of 3 floor lamps only one light bulb was packed + handled packing of end table glass like a regular item--did not follow own practice of special care + next day movers had to put in extra time to pack that was left behind and they did a terrific job.

Even though I am pleased with the movers (Tommy and Paul), consummate professionals, Premiere changed my moving date by e-mail without prior discussion or explanation. The Coordinator assumed I would be ok with it.

After numerous communiqués and unsuccessful attempts at negotiating a lower fee, Premiere is only offering $100 discount as a goodwill measure. That came as a total shock and disappointment. This amount undermines the undue stress it caused and goes against Premiere’s mission statement which is a commitment to provide the highest level of service simply because their customers deserve the very best. I was reasonable in my request for ¼ of the actual price ($300).

Job Price

Thank you kindly for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and distress experienced in respect to your recent move. We pride ourselves on convenience and strong customer service, we recognize that the service you received during the pack portion of your relocation certainly did not reflect our standards. Once we were aware of the situation, our operations team quickly responded by working on a solution to ensure all services were completed to your satisfactory. Along with the cash discount, Premiere also promised to make improvements in our staffing and service levels. As a testament to our strive for perfection, we advised that we would be implementing new policies and produces in the hopes that we can prevent this issue from reoccurring in the future. Again, thank you for your time and we wish you all the best in your new home.

barbanddave

Was very pleased with the care and professional way our furniture, etc. were prepared for the move, plus the cheerful way the movers reacted.

Job Price

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. All the best in your new home!!

angelina.g.french

The premiere crew was very helpful, knowledgeable and hard-working. Overall we were satisfied with their services but the only one complaint we have is they could have been a bit more careful. The furniture drawers were not shrink-wrapped and as a result the drawer contents almost came spilling out when unloading. Also, our bookshelves were removed by the crew but was lost in the move and now we have no way of using our bookshelf unless we go out and purchase new slats. A thorough search of the truck after unloading should have been done so that this situation could have been avoided. I'm sure it was not done intentionally but being a bit more careful would have helped alot.

This review is an honest one and we would not hesitate to recommend them to others and we would definitely use them again, should the need arise. We hope our comments are taken as constructive criticism as it was certainly meant that way.

Thanks and kind regards,
Angelina & Jerald French

Job Price

Thank you kindly for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. Firstly, we would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you may have experienced in respects to your recent relocation. We pride ourselves on convenience and strong customer service and assure you that your comments and feedback will give us the opportunity to remedy any problem that may exist and help to improve our service levels. Thank you again for your time and we wish you both all the best in your new home.

doriadebret

Very professional from start to finish with the initial consult for a quote to the moving day, and unpacking at our new adress.
The group of guys were super hard working , as we had quite more to move than we initially thought. We required a second van which arrived seamlessly and we were able to finish packing up for our move.
Overall a positive experience in a very stressful situation.

Job Price

Thank you for sharing your moving experience. From our family to yours we wish you all the best in your new home.

magnanelli

The team were friendly and professional. Great guys worked very hard to keep our large furniture in good order. Although they say that you don't have to empty the dressers, I definitely would in hindsight as they were already heavy wood and the guys had to make a herculean effort with the bedroom furniture "loaded". Still, they did it, we were amazed.

Job Price

Thank you for sharing your moving experience. We wish you all the best in your new home.

johndo61

The crew did a great job and were very courteous and efficient, both in the packing and the move itself, which was complicated and long. I would definitely recommend them.

Job Price

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We wish you all the best in your new home.

J. C.
1 review East Gwillimbury, ON

Right from the start I felt comfortable with the company. Sarah came and did a complete walk through of the house for the quote and asked so many questions, offered so much information and looked after all the details. She followed up when she said she would with 2 different quote options. I thought they were reasonable quotes when compared with others. The moving team was a little late due to Toronto traffic but Dave texted me to let me know they would be delayed. They were all very professional and courteous and did a complete walk through and then started dismantling beds etc. and loading. At the other end, the entry space was limited but they manoeuvred everything in without a problem. They asked where to put almost every box. Beds were set back up where I wanted them. Nothing was damaged and there wasn't a mark on a wall in either house. These guys were polite, efficient and real experts. I would certainly recommend them.

Job Price

Thank you for your kind comments and for sharing your moving experience. We wish you all the best in your new home.

irene

fabulous crew - very pleasant and hard working .... considering the complexity of the move we are both very surprised and happy to say it went perfectly :)

More about Premiere Van Lines

Premiere Van Lines Toronto (GTA) is your choice for moving within, to or from Toronto West. Serving the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) our team of professional and dedicated relocation specialists brings a combined history of over 165 years of expertise to our clients and a passion for customer service. We pride ourselves in being able to provide quality services, climate controlled secure storage facilities, modern reliable equipment, and state-of-the-art technology.