Reliance Home Comfort

Reviews for Reliance Home Comfort

Neal in Thornhill
Neal in Thornhill

Nest thermostat / C-wire addition

Nest Thermostat was exhibiting erratic behaviour with my A/C unit whereby it was ramping up and down repeatedly. In doing some research, we found that the Nest thermostat requires the addition of a C-wire. Contacted Travis at Reliance Home Comfort as per the Nest website. Travis came and added the extra module with no issues. Nest thermostat and my HVAC system work great now.

Thank you for the great review Neal! ~Jessica

Varaleau in Aurora
Varaleau in Aurora

New air conditioner and furnace filter

The Reliance salesperson and installation staff were all very pleasant and they were all very happy with Reliance as an employer. (which is important to me) However, they were uniformly disorganized. The AC installer had the wrong coil and had to wait for a new one; ran out of gas and had to run to the store for more; and then forgot to install the thermostat and forgot to leave a cover for the AC. I asked for the AC cover 4x and finally received one that was too small. Ten days later and I still don't have a cover and the thermostat still hasn't been installed. The filter was installed quickly but the installers didn't explain how to replace the filter or what kind of filter to use. They left the instructions at the back of the furnace without telling me. Pleasant staff but very disorganized. I sure hope the AC works.

Very sorry to hear about this experience. If you require further assistance please feel free to email me. jdeboo@reliancecomfort.com ~Jessica

Susan from Oakville
Susan from Oakville
9 reviews Oshawa, ON

Annual AC service

Just had my AC unit given its annual 21 point checkup by Reliance of Burlington. Mike, the technician, is just brilliant.
Aside from being very friendly and polite- he took the time to explain how various system components work ;I’m always curious) and told me what to watch for and how to run system optimally.
Five star service from Mike - thank you!
Reliance - you’ve got a rockstar with him!!!

Thank you for the kind review Susan! ~Jessica

Tom in TORONTO
Tom in TORONTO

Annual inspection of furnace and AC

A simply wonderful experience. Technician Nate was very competent, professional and quite pleasant. Left us with a real sense of Nate's competence. Hope that we see Nate again next year.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review Tom. ~Haley

staktrace
staktrace
19 reviews Hamilton, ON

A sad tale of missing paperwork

I had a small gas leak in my furnace which my gas company flagged as an infraction to be corrected within a month or so, or my gas would be turned off. I called Reliance to get it fixed right away and they sent somebody out. He fixed the leak and assured me the paperwork would get sent in to the gas company to clear the infraction. However that never happened, and I got a notice from the gas company that the infraction was still pending. Then followed a nightmare of having to call Reliance's call centers and customer resolutions department every day until the deadline, being told that it would get done for sure that day, and then calling the gas company the next day to be told they still hadn't gotten it.

While everybody I spoke to at Reliance was friendly and nice (except for one call center agent who twice put me on hold for 20 minutes and then disconnected me), their repeated inability to submit the paperwork to the gas company was extremely frustrating. Having to spend hours on the phone with different customer service departments going through the same rigmarole every day is not my idea of a fun time. Now the gas company will have to come out to reinspect the furnace.

Very sorry to hear about this experience. Please email me with your account information and I can take a further look into this for you. jdeboo@reliancecomfort.com ~Jessica

Lori in Brampton
Lori in Brampton
0 reviews Hamilton, ON

Update furnace and air conditioner

The Reliance installation staff, Natalie, Bill, Charles and Joe, were all very pleasant, organized and informative. They all worked well together to get the job done as quickly as possible. We were given a review of the work done for the furnace and air conditioner installation and how to remove and install the furnace panels, as well as how the new thermostat works.
It was a very pleasant experience, albeit very hot (38 degrees with the humidex), but the house cooled off to a pleasant temperature within about 1/2 hour. We are very pleased with the new equipment, at least the air conditioner, will know more about the furnace in the winter. Thank you very much, Natalie and Bill, for your attention to detail and getting the job done in a timely fashion. It was also great to interact with you personally. Thank you from Lori and Lloyd Burch.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Hot water heaters check up

Our serviceman was named Josh and he was extremely helpful. He was courteous and checked out our problem, gave us the all clear and answered our concerns. We were extremely pleased with the service

Private User reviews Essex, ON

Hot Water Tank

Cody came right on time and was excellent. He went above and beyond as the part he needed was not available at the store and reached out to a coworker and he had one and they met up. He coud of easily said that he had to comeback tomorrow but didn’t. He was friendly,polite and explained issue to where last few people from Reliance had not. Thank you so much Cody for getting our hot water back up and running.

Private User reviews Petrolia, ON

Bathroom faucet

Had a great experience with Reliance service for my leaky bathroom faucet. I called on a Monday morning and had an appointment that afternoon. The plumber explained the issue, described how to fix it and quoted a price; the quoted price was even explained in terms of parts and labour. The plumber had to chase down a new faucet that would work with my fittings and came back the next morning to do the job. He did a phenomenal job and was done in no time. Amazing, would recommend to anyone.

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. ~Jessica

Private User reviews Oshawa, ON

Water heater

Suddenly had no water coming from any of the hot water taps. When the Reliance contractor arrived, he knew exactly what the problem was. Fixed in 20 minutes. No cost because this was a rental. Very personable contractor. Thanks Greg!

Thank you for the great review! ~Jessica

More about Reliance Home Comfort