Reliance Home Comfort

Reviews for Reliance Home Comfort

Neal in Thornhill
Neal in Thornhill

Nest thermostat / C-wire addition

Nest Thermostat was exhibiting erratic behaviour with my A/C unit whereby it was ramping up and down repeatedly. In doing some research, we found that the Nest thermostat requires the addition of a C-wire. Contacted Travis at Reliance Home Comfort as per the Nest website. Travis came and added the extra module with no issues. Nest thermostat and my HVAC system work great now.

Thank you for the great review Neal! ~Jessica

Varaleau in Aurora
Varaleau in Aurora

New air conditioner and furnace filter

The Reliance salesperson and installation staff were all very pleasant and they were all very happy with Reliance as an employer. (which is important to me) However, they were uniformly disorganized. The AC installer had the wrong coil and had to wait for a new one; ran out of gas and had to run to the store for more; and then forgot to install the thermostat and forgot to leave a cover for the AC. I asked for the AC cover 4x and finally received one that was too small. Ten days later and I still don't have a cover and the thermostat still hasn't been installed. The filter was installed quickly but the installers didn't explain how to replace the filter or what kind of filter to use. They left the instructions at the back of the furnace without telling me. Pleasant staff but very disorganized. I sure hope the AC works.

Very sorry to hear about this experience. If you require further assistance please feel free to email me. jdeboo@reliancecomfort.com ~Jessica

Susan from Oakville
Susan from Oakville
9 reviews Oshawa, ON

Annual AC service

Just had my AC unit given its annual 21 point checkup by Reliance of Burlington. Mike, the technician, is just brilliant.
Aside from being very friendly and polite- he took the time to explain how various system components work ;I’m always curious) and told me what to watch for and how to run system optimally.
Five star service from Mike - thank you!
Reliance - you’ve got a rockstar with him!!!

Thank you for the kind review Susan! ~Jessica

Tom in TORONTO
Tom in TORONTO

Annual inspection of furnace and AC

A simply wonderful experience. Technician Nate was very competent, professional and quite pleasant. Left us with a real sense of Nate's competence. Hope that we see Nate again next year.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review Tom. ~Haley

staktrace
staktrace
19 reviews Hamilton, ON

A sad tale of missing paperwork

I had a small gas leak in my furnace which my gas company flagged as an infraction to be corrected within a month or so, or my gas would be turned off. I called Reliance to get it fixed right away and they sent somebody out. He fixed the leak and assured me the paperwork would get sent in to the gas company to clear the infraction. However that never happened, and I got a notice from the gas company that the infraction was still pending. Then followed a nightmare of having to call Reliance's call centers and customer resolutions department every day until the deadline, being told that it would get done for sure that day, and then calling the gas company the next day to be told they still hadn't gotten it.

While everybody I spoke to at Reliance was friendly and nice (except for one call center agent who twice put me on hold for 20 minutes and then disconnected me), their repeated inability to submit the paperwork to the gas company was extremely frustrating. Having to spend hours on the phone with different customer service departments going through the same rigmarole every day is not my idea of a fun time. Now the gas company will have to come out to reinspect the furnace.

Very sorry to hear about this experience. Please email me with your account information and I can take a further look into this for you. jdeboo@reliancecomfort.com ~Jessica

Dina Klaas in
Dina Klaas in
0 reviews , ON

Addition of C wire in our Nest Thermostat

We thought our new a/c unit was freezing up (Reliance installed May 2018).

Margaret, Reliance tech in our area arrived within the scheduled time frame and was quite quickly able to diagnose the problem, which was not a frozen unit.

Our Nest had only been hooked up with 4 wires -- she said it has been shown that the 5th wire (the C wire) needed to be hooked up in order to run properly.

System has been running fantastically even with these extreme temps!

Thanks to Margaret!

Thank you for the great review Dina! ~Jessica

Mike Westover from Brampton
Mike Westover from Brampton
2 reviews Oshawa, ON

Air Conditioner

I had an issue with my A/C unit not cooling my house. Dino, the service tech, showed up and immediately went to work to resolve the issue. It turned out to be a much tougher job than he originally thought. Dino went above and beyond my expectations and soon enough we were back to have a cool house. The whole time Dino was professional and showed confidence to get the job done. He is a great representative of Reliance.

Thank you for the wonderful review Mike! ~Jessica

Sharon in Waterloo
Sharon in Waterloo
1 review Oshawa, ON

Reliance technicians (Ryan and Aaron)

The 2 Reliance technicians (Ryan and Aaron) that were at my house today were extremely helpful, friendly, knowledgeable, polite and thoroughly answered all my questions. I really appreciated them and will most definitely request them for future service calls.

Thank you for the great review Sharon! ~Jessica

Thomson’s from mt hope ont in Oshawa
Thomson’s from mt hope ont in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

New furnace and new air conditioning

We just had a new furnace and air conditioner installed. From the salesman Simon to the installers bill and Natalie it was a smooth and painless process. Bill and Natalie are very professional, upbeat, kind and knowledgeable. They are like a father daughter team. What a joy to see another female in the trades!!! Keep up the good work. We will definitely pass along your names and business. Thanks again.

Thank you for the wonderful review Thomson! ~Jessica

Andy in Elora
Andy in Elora

New furnace and A/C unit

As soon as the technicians came into my home they introduced themselves by name and shook my hand. They were efficient and very professional. After everything was installed, they went over everything with me and made sure I understood. Cleaned up after themselves.

Thank you for the kind review Andy! ~Jessica