Reliance Home Comfort

Sandra Moores in Waterloo
Sandra Moores in Waterloo
2 reviews WATERLOO, ON

Hot water heater repair

We arrived home from a holiday to find we had no hot water. We phoned ona Sunday to have a service person look at it. No one was able to come until Monday morning, even though the website indicated there was 24/7 service.

The serviceman did arrive when scheduled was very polite and helpful.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Sandra, I apologize that you did not recieve immediate service but am glad that the experience was a positive one. RM

Mike M in Sarnia
Mike M in Sarnia
1 review SARNIA, ON

Air Conditioner repair

Called with totally disabled unit, ambient temp was 40+ deg. Operator was able to juggle a few appointments to get me in the next day. Technition replaced Capacitor in 10 minutes we were all cool again. He even picked up my tools I had left out when he arrived and brought them back to me! Great service Technition

Thanks Mike. We appreciate you taking the time to share and glad things worked out so well. RM

John Meron in London
John Meron in London
1 review London, ON

furnace and A/C service

The young man that came out was very courteous and friendly he performed the most comprehensive service of our equipment that anyone has done to date. No one had ever cleaned the fan blades on the furnace before and he did a through job..I tried to locate the contractor he worked for to tell them what a great job he did but I remembered the contractors name correctly. I hope you will attempt to find out who he was because he deserves commendation for his work ethic. I would hope to get him again for the next scheduled service John Meron

Thanks so much for the feedback John. If you could provide me with your contact info, I will be sure to get in touch with them to share your very kind words. You can reach me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com. Thanks again! RM

johanna and rick Heard in London
johanna and rick Heard in London
1 review LONDON, ON

repair of hot water heater

we came home from a full day at the beach with 2 tired sandy dirty grandchildren and grandparents to find our hot water heater was not working. We called for ASAP repair but it was a friday night after 6 pm.
Reliance staff did their best to find a repairman in the area. they could not find anyone till the next day at 8 am. We thought we would have to heat water in the kettle for the baths. A phone call soon later with your staff, they found a worker in our area on his way home! he was here in 15 minutes and fixed the heater in 10 minutes!! Thank you so so much!
We all had a shower before bed.

So glad that this story had a happy ending Johanna and Rick. We are thrilled with the outcome and appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. RM

Terry in Milton
Terry in Milton
2 reviews MILTON, ON

Furnace service call under Protection Plan

I signed up for Reliance's protection plan for my A/C and furance a few years ago. I had a service call on my A/C last summer and early this summer, they replace the blower motor on my furnace.

They arranged for a technician the morning after I called, he was on time, quick adn completed the repair properly at no extra cost.

Whenever I wonder why I pay for the plan, I remember these incidents and am very thankful that I do. It's like insurance - it seems unnecessary until it's necessary.

So glad that your are seeing the value of our protection plan. This is fantastic news and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to share. RM

Paul Rousseau in Belle river
Paul Rousseau in Belle river
1 review LAKESHORE, ON

Air Conditioning

Air conditioner was freezing up and no longer working. I called at 11 PM and a repair person arrived the following afternoon. He did some work and topped up the coolant.
All is now working well. The repair person was very friendly and competent.

Thanks for sharing Paul, we appreciate it. RM

Debi Hunt in Caledonia
Debi Hunt in Caledonia
1 review CALEDONIA, ON

A coil replaced & recharged

I am extremely pleased with the service received, the central air unit was assessed & fixed within 24 hours, (this includes parts delivered)the guys were thorough, neat, fast & polite! also had a 21point inspection done!
At the same time our hot water heater was serviced. I was given a time slot for the service guy to arrive, & they were on time & courtious
we are very impressed with Reliance home comfort monthly program & their Amazing service!

Fantastic news. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience Debi! RM

Laurie  in Chelmsford
Laurie in Chelmsford
1 review CHELMSFORD, ON

service on hot water heater

Very happy with the service we got from Reliance concerning the trouble we were having with our hot water heater. The day i called, they were able to book an appointment immediately for that day. The service guy gave me a courtesy call before arriving and once here was very friendly, courteous and informative as i was asking many questions about the tankless water heaters. He found the problem with my heater with ease and fixed it quickly. We've had no other problem with it. We would highly recommend Reliance and its service it provides.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this great experience with us. We truly appreciate it. RM

B Graham in London
B Graham in London
1 review London, ON

Air Conditioner repair

Reliance came out the same day tha t I called them. The technican was very professional and courteous. he ordered the replacement part and 15 minuets after he left the courier arrived with the part. The following day reliance returned and had my A/C up and running. A very impressive experience!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this experience. We greatly appreciate the kind words. RM

East Hamilton
East Hamilton

Water Heater Rental

I moved to Hamilton in February and inherited the previous owner's water tank from Reliance.

I called to put my name on the account and they started sending me two bills. One addressed to me, and the second to "home owner" for the same heater. I called them several times to assure them that I have only one tank and to stop sending the second invoice. In the end, they stopped sending it. Months later I get a call from a collection agency looking for money owed to the imaginary account.

Then I decided in May to get rid of the inefficient energy hog and install my own tankless gas water heater. I had the unit removed and I returned it to the Reliance water tank return centre in Burlington. They gave me a receipt. That was in May.

Now in July I get a new bill for the tank I returned. I called their customer support and they have no record of the tank being returned.

I've heard stories of other people having the same problem - of them returning the tank and then continuing to receive bills and the return not being processed quickly.

I would never recommend this company to anyone. It is far cheaper in the long run to own your own water heater and frankly, they aren't worth the hassle to rent from.

I'm sorry to hear this. Please contact me with more information at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com and I will do my best to assist. Thank you. RM

More about Reliance Home Comfort