51 Simcoe Street South Oshawa ON L1H 4G4

Phillips in Terra cotta
Phillips in Terra cotta
1 review TERRA COTTA, ON

Hot Water Tank Renter

We bought a brand new home, where the builder made a deal with Reliance for the the tanks. We are in a group of 6 homes, and so far 3 homes have had the same problems happen with these tanks. Reliance is so unorganized is providing service to the tank. I went 4 days without hot water because they never put our phone number on the work order to the service company. I demanded to be let out of this contract and they informed me of all the charges upon charges to be released. I was told I would be given a credit on the account for a billing cycle, then I receive in the the mail a charge for the service call. I am sorry but apologies in this instance, just won't cut it!!

If you could please contact me directly at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com, I will gladly look into this issue further. I apologize for the negative experience and will be sure to follow up regarding your billing issue. Thanks. RM

Tatiana in Waterloo
Tatiana in Waterloo
3 reviews WATERLOO, ON

Furnace repair

Our old furnace broke in October when the first cold days arrived. We've called Reliance customer support and they booked an appointment for us for the next day (~in 15 hours). We were lucky it happened in October when it was 0 and not in January. Other than that we were happy with the knowledgeable technician, who spent a lot of time with cleaning and fixing our furnace. The winter is over and our 25 year old furnace did not fail at all during the winter. Thanks for the good service.

We appreaciate you taking the time to share your experience Tatiana. Thanks very much. RM

Gord Brigmohan in Cambridge
Gord Brigmohan in Cambridge
1 review CAMBRIDGE, ON

water heater rental

Second water heater blow up in 7 years.
Bought a pan for the new heater and installed with no problem,but no connection pipe/ hose from drain pan to my house drain
No help from Reliance to get a hose, whic i want to pay for.
Told to go and buy one from a hardware store
What is the use of purchasing A PAN WITH NO HOSE, SAME CAN HAPPEN AGAIN, FLOOD BASEMENT

Sorry to hear this Gord. Please contact me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com and I will do my best to assist with this issue. Thanks. RM

Randy in Kitchener
Randy in Kitchener
1 review DUNNVILLE, ON

Reliance Home Comfort

We were happy to see Reliance Home Comfort was dependable. Their work was good quality. The fact they cover their shoes with plastic was nice to see.
We would use Reliance Home Comfort in the future!

Thanks for taking the time to share the kind words Randy. We greatly appreciate it. RM

Karen in Delawar
Karen in Delawar
1 review DELAWARE, ON

Reliance Home Comfort

We find Home Reliance Comfort when we call, they arrive quickly. Last time I called I had to ask for a bit of advice and I found they were very helpful. We are very satisfied and would recommend Reliance Home Comfort to our friends and family!

We thank you for taking the time to share the kind words Karen. We greatly appreciate it. RM

Barb McLaughlin in Palmerston
Barb McLaughlin in Palmerston
1 review PALMERSTON, ON

water heater rental

Put in a call regarding another matter (door to door sales) and found out where I am at is not a rental and have been paying for 5 1/2 years for my old house even after the other one blew up by the new owner. They will not refund even though they were also at fault with double billing for the same address. Not getting called back and am extremely frustrating with the attitude of people I have talked to in the 3 hours being on the phone
with various employees. Apparently by reviews of others in the complaints department it is quite common. I find that the mission statement stated by Reliance is not at all what the company follows. Too bad you can't get answers or call backs when promised. I don't particularly want to waste all these hours on the phone and explaining the same thing over and over again getting something resolved that should be so simple.

I'm more than happy to investigate this issue further Barb. Can you please email me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com and I will look into it. Thank you. RM

Elaine in London
Elaine in London
1 review London, ON

Furnace Rental

Got locked into a 7 year lease agreement. At the end of the 7 year mark, I called Reliance to buy-out the furnace and end the lease. It took 1 year, and a ton of phone calls, before the Reliance Rep would return my call and firm up a buy-out price for me. AND, all the while they were stringing me along, they continued billing me! Equals an extra $1200.00 worth of monthly payments!! Then they wouldn't even deduct this money off the final buy-out price!! RHC is an outrageous company that couldn't care less about the customer!!! Couldn't pay me enough to deal with them again. :) PS - they also appear to be spreading misleading information competing companies to avoid customers switching over! RHC you are totally DIRTY!

I'm sorry to hear about the experience Elaine. If you could please contact me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com, I would like to investigate this issue further. Thank you. RM

Cameron in Etobicoke
Cameron in Etobicoke
3 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Hot Water Tank Installation

Needed to replace an existing atmospheric venting water heater with a direct vent because I orphaned the existing when a had a HE furnace installed. The installers did a great job, including suggesting a new location for the water heater that would be a little bit more out of my way.

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback Cameron. Thanks very much. RM

More about Reliance Home Comfort