Reliance Home Comfort

Giving Back Award winner 3 timesGiving Back Awardwinner 3 times

Reviews for Reliance Home Comfort

7 reviews OAKVILLE, ON

Hot Water Tank repair

We recently contacted Reliance to repair a section of 636 Hot Water Tank pipe. They came in to do the work in a timely manner, and made the repairs to code without any hassle. The cost was all towards labour, as the run was less than 3 feet, we did not have to pay for materials, as per the tank rental agreement. In the past, we have had less than satisfactory results with Reliance, so this experience was a great improvement.

Thanks Rob. We appreciate the feedback. RM

7 reviews OAKVILLE, ON

Hot Water Tank repair

Thanks for sharing Rob and the feedback you provided is much appreciated. Hopefully all future experiences with us are just as positive. RM

Leaside Dan
Leaside Dan
10 reviews Como, CO

Water Heater

They installed a tankless water heater in our home - installation was on time and everything was neat and tidy when they left. It was a good solution to free up some space in our old basement. All said, no hassles for me, I'm happy.

Thanks for the feedback Dan, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We hope that you enjoy the convenience and energy savings that will come with your tankless water heater. RM

Azim Sohrabi in Thornhill
Azim Sohrabi in Thornhill
1 review THORNHILL, ON

Installation of the New Water Heater

Reliance has sent a contractor to install a new water heater in my house and after they left I have found out that some tools are missing. I have called Reliance and told them that probably the contractor took my tools by mistake. They assured me that they will follow up on this matter with me within a week. After Almost two months I was still waiting and I called back to question the outcome of my complain and finally a week after recieved a phone call from Reliance told me that their contractor informed them that they have not the tools in their position. Finally after a long discussion Reliance suggested me that next time if I dont feel comfortable and if dont trust the service contractor stay with them watch them carefully make sure they dont take anything from your house but we dont have any responsiblity and can not do anything about it. The contractor get paid $300-350 to install a water heater so what if they could take $200 worth of goods from people, knowing it would take long time anyone find out and even if they do how they can proove it.

Aziz, I sincerely apologize for what is obviously a very frustrating situation. If you could please email me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com with more details, I will follow up with our Operations team. Thank you. RM

Garrett Reynolds in Burlington
Garrett Reynolds in Burlington
2 reviews Burlington, ON

hot water tank fix

currently renting hot water tank for my rental property. They come out asap whenever there is a problem to fix it No complaints except it is getting old and they take a while to completely replace one.

Thanks for taking the time to share Garrett, much appreciated. RM

S in Lively
S in Lively
1 review LIVELY, ON

New furnace...nightmare!

Ill try my best to summarize. Our furnace stopped working and it was going to cost more to fix than it was worth. I met with 3 companies for quotes. We are currently renting our hot water tank from Reliance and have been happy with the service so we decided to go with them for our new furnace as well . The salesman was great, very informative and didnt pressure me into anything. The next week two technicians came to install our furnace and chimney liner. Everything was fine until they started it up and said "oh, that doesnt sound right." So right off the bat there is something wrong with the blower motor. They said someone would be out the next day to fix it. They also gave us an infraction for needing a chimney liner..which they were supposed to install. The next day the guy was supposed to come at 10am to fix the blower, we had an appointment at one, this was supposed to be plenty of time. 12:30 and still no reliance. I called "customer service" , they said someone would contact us in the next 2 hours to reschedule. So we went to our appt. On our way out of the appt., we get a call from the guy saying that he'd be at our house in 40 min to fix it, he hadnt heard anything about us rescheduling. So I said, fine just come do it. So he came to fix the blower motor, he had to replace it altogether. He didnt do the chimney liner. "hes just a repair guy". The next day I called "customer service" back to schedule someone to do the chiney liner. Finally the next week a guy comes 3 hours late. He looks at it and says that he's just a hot water tank installer and is not qualified to do this job. We waited 45 minutes for someone to come that is qualified. It was raining and we have a metal roof, so when the other guy shows up he says that our roof is too tall, and its raining..so he cant do it either. They then tell me that were going to have to buy this $2000 other thing that essentially does the same thing as the liner but is easier to install. Here is where I REALLY lost my temper and told them that I dont care how much work it is for them, this is their job and Im not giving this company another penny! Soo we made an appointment for the next week, which the boss calls to reschedule again, because of the weather (it was fine out). 20 minutes later a technician calls me and says "Hi this is Reliance, I hear you have a question about your furnace". I thought it was a joke. After a long angry conversation with the poor guy, I found out that he also was a water tank installer and is not qualified to do our job. Soo, someone was supposed to be here today between 1-5. At 3:30 a technician calls and says that he IS qualified, but he just got the call 2 hours ago and is too swamped to do it today, can he come tomorrow morning. FINE. Well see if they show up tomorrow. I realize that this is to no fault of the technicians, there is obviously communication and management issues here. I just left a message for the manager (got the ACTUAL direct number from a technician, instead of calling the USELESS "customer service" line.) I told him that if this isnt done tomorrow, they can come and pick up their furnace and hot water tank. I cant handle this anymore!! Plus they called for me to do a survey..I wasnt soo angry then, but was already dissapointed with the service so I did it. Only to hang up and recieve another call 20 minutes later to take the very same survey. Apparently our time means nothing to this company. I am on maternity leave, so Ive been home during the day. I dont know what would have happened if I were still working. What a NIGHTMARE!!

I'm sorry to hear about what has obviously been a very frustrating experience. Please email me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com and I will work with our Operations team to get to the bottom of this. Once again, I apologize on behalf of Reliance and will do everything I can to help resolve this issue. Thank you. RM

mariusz in St catharines
mariusz in St catharines
1 review Saint Catharines, ON

electric water heater

Hi i wanted to share with you my experience with reliance i had electric water heater for 8 years with this copany last week the water heater flooded my finished whole basment when i contacted the copany they told me that they can replace it with other one wiht in the next day how ever i was thinking for long time to have my own water heater so i ask the person on the phone what is the policy in case if i wanted returne the water heater she told me that as long i returned it within 10 days from instalation day i will not be in any contract and i will not pay anything only my owing month of regular pay .when i got instaled my own water heater just few day ego i contacted the company they told me that i own them 40 dolars for cancelation fee and 160 instalation fee well that not what they told me when i call to them . consider the fact that i am not going after the damage done to my finished basment because of lack of maintnance of the water heater that i own i shuld not own any thing to the Reliance after all the rental years they suck out of me .

I'm sorry to hear about this issue Mariusz. If you could email me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com with your account information, I will work to provide you with clarification around the cancellation and return policy. Thank you. RM

Philip in Nepean
Philip in Nepean
1 review NEPEAN, ON

Rental Water Heater

Recently, I switch my water heater rental to a new company from Reliance. The new company uninstalled and returned the heater to Reliance. After a couple of months, Reliance charged us an equipment damage fee of $1150+HST onto my account. I called them and they say there is a dent at the bottom of the returned water tank.
They don't have proof and they did not mention at the Reliance terms and service conditions document. I had a conference call with Reliance and the new water rental company. Reliance only mentioned about the account closure fee of $40. This is a big scam.

Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention Phillip, please email me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com with your account details and I will forward this issue to the appropriate department for clarification. Thanks. RM

Andrea in Hamilton
Andrea in Hamilton
3 reviews Hamilton, ON

Rented water heater

Absolutely furious with Reliance Home Comfort right now. On the surface, this is a seller/renter of home heating/cooling products. But once they suck you in with a water heater or furnace, the real business begins: They will hound you every day for weeks to get you to sign up for service insurance for their products and whatever else you may have in your basement.

I bought a house with a water heater that was rented from Reliance. In all the details I had to deal with in buying a home, I figured the water heater was among the least of my worries. I was wrong.

From day one, even when I was just confirming the account had been put in my name, they started pushing their insurance plan. First, I wasn't entirely sure what they were trying to get me to sign up for, so I said I'd think about it. In subsequent phone calls, I firmly and specifically told them no. Multiple times I told them I don't have a furnace anyway (I have a boiler and radiators), and then after that I just refused to answer their hounding phone calls (sometimes up to 9:30 p.m.!).

They just sent me a bill for the insurance anyway, to see if they could slip it past me, I suppose. They are trying to bill me $19.84/month to insure a furnace and an air conditioning unit THAT I DON'T EVEN HAVE!

What's telling is that when I called them ready for a fight, the woman who answered the phone backed down immediately and said, "Okay, just ignore the bill." Simple as that. This suggests to me that she must answer calls like mine all day, every day. It was like, "Okay, you caught us."

Still, though, I'm afraid they won't back down so easily. Now I have to spend some time trying to find out what my rights are, if I can have their water heater removed from my house, where I can report them to, etc., and I certainly have more pleasant things to do with my free time.

Moral of the story? Never, ever use this scam company. If you're considering buying a house with any rented equipment from Reliance, ask if you can get it removed before you sign anything!

Update November 16, 2011: This company spokesperson is quick to respond to our complaints with platitudes (see the reply to my original review), but is certainly not quick to help. I sent him/her an email on November 7 with the details of my complaint, plus I asked how old my water heater is and how much it would cost me to buy it out and dissolve our rental agreement. I have not yet received a reply, but I have received automatic late payment reminders because this bill is still on my account, after the Reliance customer service rep told me to "ignore it."

I'm sorry to hear about this issue Andrea and would like to help. Please email me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com with more details and I will do my best to get a clearer understanding of what transpired. I apologize for what has obviously been a frustrating situation and hopefully I can assist. Thank you. RM

Tim  in Hamilton
Tim in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Service

we purchased another air conditionar in 2008 from Reliance our 2 one in 9years we had the service plan and were told the old one was wore out so we bought the other one a new Goodman. Was installed were we asked if it could be only to have them come back and move it due to bylaw which they new about but did no tell us. installer had a hard time welding the pipes to gether at the valve on airconditioner put a half inch pipe in to a five eights pipe and crimped the pipe to weld which took a lot of heat and welding due to size differance witch inturn melted the seals in the valve he put a cap with a washer on it and it seemed to be ok no leak . in 2011 we called and asked to have it moved due to a new deck and we were told it was going to be 800.00 dollars so i called a friend that installs airconditioners and got a better price when he came he took one look and said it does not look good due to weld and crimped pipe so he took cap of and of course feron spewed out the valve freon was a dark color which in turn i was told it was burnt as well so we called and found out we had a warrenty on it . Reliance sent the same person that burnt it and of course his words were i did not do that Goodman has probloms with there valves and there fix is a cap with a washer so we called Reliance and sat home all the next day for person to show up only to find out he is not going to come cause its not the season it was sunny and 16 celcious out he told dispatch weather was bad and its out of season and in turn they told us they take his word for it so here we sit made our last payment on a unit that is no good and we have to purchase another unit at a cost of 5400. dollars not bad over 10 thousand dollars to have central air for 3 years plus the 4 thousand we spent the first time most people buy airconditioners that last 15 to 20 years i have to buy 3 in last eleven years .

Tim, I would like to look into this issue further. Please email me at rmassingham@reliancecomfort.com and I will gladly get the details of the problem into the right hands. Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention. Thanks in advance. RM

More about Reliance Home Comfort