Value Wood Floors Limited / Universal Hardwood Floors Ltd.

Floor Retailers
106 Advance Rd Toronto ON M8Z 2T7
Floor Retailers
Value Wood Floors Limited / Universal Hardwood Floors Ltd.

Reviews for Value Wood Floors Limited / Universal Hardwood Floors Ltd.

Value Wood Floors is great

We had been to a number of other flooring stores and had a bad experience where we originally purchased hardwood. Luckily they took it all ba k for a full refund. A friend recommended Value Wood Flooring. Robert was very helpful to support our product decision, had the material delivered within 24 hours and provided great follow up customer service.

The best store

I came into the store looking for hardwood for my entire home. I spoke with a gentleman who is sitting at the front desk. I asked him a few simple questions regarding flooring and I left the store with a knowledge of professional. He provided me with so much information that I had never even thought about prior to shopping for a floor. It made all the difference and helped me make the proper choice. The flooring brands that They Carried or entirely Canadian, and local. The knowledge and the respect that this gentleman gave me was unlike any other store I went to. I ended up doing my entire house with them. I purchase both the flooring and the installation service from them. I have no words to describe how happy I am with the service. I would highly recommend anyone looking for floors to shop at Value wood floors.

Jennifer in Toronto
Jennifer in Toronto

Amazing work ?

Finally real professional work and people who take pride in there job.
Stained my stairs and railings perfectly.
Great job and so happy with them. I would highly recommend them without hesitation.

Anjelika
Anjelika

Saved my rennovation

They literally saved my renovation. The whole city didn't have the floor I chose after looking for a floor for 6 months. If I had to wait for the floor it would delayed my project by at least 3 months! They did quite a lot of work to rearrange their stock so I could get my floor on time. I can't thank them enough for the gorgeous floor I have in my home today :)

ben in Toronto
ben in Toronto

Knowledgable + Helpful = A win

I came to Value after looking into a number of other hardwood stores when doing the reno to my home. I was greeted as soon as I walked in the door and even though they were about 15 min from closing for the day they had no problem staying and helping me. I dealt with Rob and Daniela who not only educated me on the head spinning world of hardwood floors, but also helped narrow the options to best suit my growing families needs. After a visit to the show room with the boss (my wife), we found a floor that suited our (my wife's) vision for our home.

They made the process easy and asked questions we otherwise may not have thought about. I'm grateful for their patience and help and would recommend them to anyone who is looking to have hardwood floors put in their home.

David from Mississauga
David from Mississauga

Mediocre product abysmal customer service

I thought that I would reach out to you about my experience at your facility. From the time I called there after my initial visit not once did I feel that I was being treated as a customer. I felt like I was burdening your staff to answer questions and the time in which my requests were responded to were sometimes non existent. Just today was the final straw when I returned a fully damaged already opened box of the flooring I purchased and picking up another t mould. I was appalled that I was not just given a straight exchange after a faulty product was delivered back to you by your customer who was inconvenienced by the faulty product. When I explained this to Daniela she was as cold about it then I could ever imagine as if the 20 dollar difference was enough to sever any future relationship with a customer who just spent almost $1000 at your store. It should have been your worker who should have offered it as a straight exchange and take the minor loss for inconveniencing a customer of yours, but her approach was to be argumentative and unhelpful.

Your customer service skills at your store are more than sub par and they need to be addressed.

It is unfortunate that I had to be put through this and it has impacted my view of your business and I will make sure that if anyone ever asks me about the floors I will not be recommendeding value wood floors but quite the opposite to ensure that nobody goes there.

All this over 20 dollars. What a shame.

At Value Wood Floors, we strive to make sure that all the products we carry are of a high quality and meet the pricing needs of our diverse clientele. In this instance this customer purchased the end run of a line of laminate from one of our manufacturers. They were told that the purchase would be a final sale and they were shown the material that was available as there was only a set amount. The customer was shown the product and they agreed to the terms.
After the purchase, the customer stated they no longer needed some of the material and asked to return it without penalty. He also required another t-mold. Although it was already established that the sale was final, we agreed to take the material back out of good will. We explained that they would have to pay for the t-molding. The customer, unhappy with this, elevated his voice and used profane language towards Daniela which resulted in the “cold” demeanor that was mentioned.
We have been serving our community for over 35 years and offer our knowledge and service to everyone who walks through our doors which has been very well received by our community.
It is unfortunate that this situation came to be, however we do our best to treat all of clientele with dignity and respect and look to have the same in return.
Thank you for your patronage.

Gord in Toronto
Gord in Toronto

New Oak Floor

The Universal team were excellent. Old oak floor completely removed neatly with minimal mess. Underfloor re-screwed. Railings removed. New darker Oak floor nailed and installed and have yet to find a flaw. Areas that formerly squeeked are now solid and silent. Job was done 4 months ago. Looks perfect.
The railing company Universal subcontracted to restain the steps and railing were also excellent. All work from start to finish was competed in one week.

jane from Etobicoke
jane from Etobicoke
2 reviews Etobicoke, ON

Refinished Hardwood

Grace at Value was very helpful. She offered me a great price for hardwood, gave me a huge sample and worked with me during me reno. Overall, wonderful products and client service.

Carla from Toronto
Carla from Toronto

Hardwood floors

We had an excellent experience with Value Wood Floors/Universal Hardwood. We first met with Peter who was SO knowledgeable and pleasant - and patient! He helped us choose a product that would work best for our family and lifestyle. When we finally decided on which floor to go with, Andrew provide a detailed quote and was available by phone/email to answer all my (many) questions. The job was very tightly scheduled as we were putting new floors throughout our new house (which is a very old house) and it had to be finished in time for our move-in date. The crew worked long hours and actually finished earlier than expected. I have no hesitation in recommending this company.

maggie from Etobicoke
maggie from Etobicoke
1 review Etobicoke, ON

New Floors

We used Value Wood Floors a year ago to provide the hardwood for our main floor. We were so impressed with the service and knowledge that the company provided that we turned to them for both the product and the install when we recently redid our upstairs flooring. They did a great job, came in under budget and got the job done on time. We're very happy with the results. I recommend speaking with Andrew and Peter - they are both very knowledgable and provide great service.

More about Value Wood Floors Limited / Universal Hardwood Floors Ltd.

Value Wood Floors Limited has been proudly serving the GTA for over twenty years and a proud supporter of the local community. We offer complete customized service to meet your flooring needs. We are constantly striving to better our services, Our friendly dedicated and knowledgeable staff work hard to ensure ...
Looking for Floor Retailers pros in Etobicoke?